Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

A Kiss and a Date

Image

Lilah Michelle James rushed through the crowd of platform 9 3/4. She was never on time for anything. Not even for her last ride to Hogwarts on the first day of school. She was a seventh year Hufflepuff who had a tendency to be clumsy and nerdy but people loved her for those traits. She pushed past the parents that were waving their children off. Her parent's already bid her farewell before she entered Kings Cross. She was seventeen and damn well old enough to get on the train by herself. She got rude looks from the parents which she ignored. She quickly handed her trunk to one of the conductors. He put it in the large compartment with all the other trunks that belonged to the students.

She then stumbled onto the train nearly crashing into a couple of third years. She apologized to them before making her way down the hall. Lilah checked the compartments until she found her friends. She opened up the door to give them one of her famous smiles.

"Bets off! I bloody win!" said Becca.

Lilah raised her eyebrows at her best friend.

"What bet?" she asked while sitting across from Cedric Diggory.

"They made a bet that you would be making a run and jump for it on the train." said Cedric.

Lilah smirked over at Connor and Rachel.

"I guess you both lost!"

They mumbled then went back to their conversation.

"I told you my dad would pick you up." said Cedric.

Lilah put her feet in his lap. He took off her shoes and began massaging her feet.

"I can never get Connor to rub my bloody feet." shrieked Becca. "And we're dating."

Connor made a disgusted face. "I hate feet. They are the ugliest things ever."

"Mine aren't ugly." Lilah responded. "I keep them lotioned up and polished."

"Still, they're ugly."

Cedric shook his head. "I think they're cute." he told Lilah.

She softly blushed. "Thank you Cedric. And I told your dad not to worry about picking me up. I'd be late either way."

As opposed to being best friends, Cedric and Lilah live seventy-five steps away from eachother. Lilah spent most of her summer at the Diggory's. She was even invited to the Quidditch World Cup, but after the events of the Deatheaters showing up she wished she never would've went.

"You're late for everything." joked Rachel.

"Not dinner!"

"Of course not. Any chance for you to eat and you'll take it Lilah!"

Everyone in the compartment including Lilah laughed.

"This is our last year. Where did the time go?" sighed Becca.

Lilah sadly smiled at Cedric.

"It's gone by too fast. But, I heard a little secret." said Connor. "My father is old friends with Barty Crouch and he told my father that this year Hogwarts will be hosting two schools; Beauxbatons and Durmstrang for the legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament."

Cedric abruptedly stopped massaging Lilah's feet. He glanced around the compartment dumbstruck at what Connor had just said. The Triwizard Tournament stopped several years ago because of so many deaths. Now, with the deatheaters and the dark lord rising again they wanted to bring this up?

"But, why now?" asked Becca. "I mean, what if the dark lord shows up or something?"

"They have everything tightly secured. Auror Mad Eye Moody will come to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts. He'll be watching around secretly. I'm sure the only reason Dumbledore has him here is so he can watch after dear old Potter." spat Connor.

Lilah rolled her eyes. Connor didn't like Harry much. Only because he was jealous that Becca thought Harry was cute for a fourteen year old.

"Oh get over yourself Connor. Dumbledore invited him here to watch after all of us. Not just Potter." replied Becca.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say Becca."

The train began moving away from the station. It didn't take Lilah long to fall asleep. She only got about three hours of sleep last night because she was so excited about her last year at Hogwarts. Now with this Triwizard Tournament maybe it would cut lessons back a bit. Which would be a good thing. She also wondered what this tournament was all about. She'd only heard a little bit about it. The goblet of fire would pick out three individuals all from three of the schools to compete in the tournament. There would be three tasks which all three would compete in. The very last task would have to find the cup and bring it back. Whoever brought it back was the winner. Lilah didn't know if she wanted to enter her name or not. She knew she wouldn't be able to compete in any of the challenges. She would end up dead two minutes into the first challenge.

A soft knock on the compartment door caused her to open her eyes. The woman who handed out candy from the trolley smiled at them. She gladly opened the door to stick her head into the compartment.

"Anything from the trolley?" she asked.

Lilah got her some candy which made the others shake their heads.

"What? I'm hungry." she responded.

Cedric smiled widely as she handed him one of the chocolate bars. He opened it up and began to eat it.

"You should add your name to the goblet of fire." he told Lilah.

"Are you crazy?" she scoffed. "There's no way in hell that I'd pass that. You should add your name." she replied.

Cedric nodded. "Maybe I will."

"And maybe you'll win the cup!"

"What's my reward from you if I win?"

Becca who prentended to be asleep softly smiled. She knew that Cedric had a big crush on Lilah. He told her so last year. He was just afraid that Lilah didn't like him that way. Which was funny because Lilah did like him that way. Both we're just too stubborn to make the first move.

Lilah giggled. "You're reward? From me?" she asked.

"Yes, my reward from you."

"Umm....a kiss?"

"And?"

"And? You want more to your reward? You're being a little hot headed about this. Okay, a kiss and a date."

Cedric smiled as he outstretched his hand. Lilah softly shook it.

"A kiss and a date it is!" he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

It's been a long time since I wrote a Harry Potter related story. So I hope you like the Cedric one!