Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Astronomy Tower

Image

Cedric led Lilah all the way up to the Astronomy Tower. She was very surprised that he had several blankets, pillows, and a basket of snacks set up for them. Lilah took a spot on the soft pallet of blankets. She stared up at the beautiful stars twinkling in the heavens above. It was very cold in the tower but it wasn't hot either. Cedric pulled a cover over her before taking a seat.

"Are you hungry?" he asked her.

"A little bit."

Cedric opened up the basket. He pulled out a butter beer which he handed over to Lilah. She thanked him.

"Let's see, I have muffins, cake, candy, and some fruit."

"Cake is fine."

Cedric handed Lilah the plate that had a slice of chocolate cake on it. She removed the plastic foil to reveal the three layered chocolate fudge cake. She used her fork to take a small bite. The cake dissolved in her mouth.

"Is it good?" he asked.

"It's very good."

Lilah took a few more bites of cake before putting it back. It was really rich for her. She took a swig of butter beer then sighed.

"So, dragons is the first task." she stated.

"Yeah. I'm not really looking forward to it."

"You'll do fine. I wonder what you'll have to do exactly."

"Get the golden egg the dragon's guarding." he said.

"How do you know that?"

"Harry ran into me after I dropped you off at detention. Someone told him the task."

Lilah nodded. "How are you going to get the egg?"

Cedric sighed. "I'm not sure. I'll have to figure that one out."

"And soon. The first task is only a week away."

"I know." he said. "Connor and Becca had sex."

Lilah chuckled. "Yeah, I know. Becca already told me."

Cedric swallowed hard. He had wanted tonight to be special. He was so embarrassed to ask Lilah if they could take their relationship to the next level. He wanted to wait until the right moment though. Apparently, Lilah read his mind.

"Look Cedric, I know you probably want us to do the same but I'm not ready yet. I want to wait until the right time. Not rush into it. Okay?

Cedric smiled over at Lilah. He pulled her into a hug. That was one of the many things he loved about Lilah; she was very honest with him about her feelings.

"I understand love but there's also something else I wanted to ask you."

Cedric pulled something out of the basket. Lilah noticed that it was a ring box. Her mouth slightly dropped when he opened up the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"Lilah, will you marry me?"

"Wow!" she breathed. "Cedric, where did you get that ring?"

"It was my grandmother's. My dad sent it when I asked him too. Look, I'm not saying we get married straight away but when we graduate I can get a good job and you can open up your beauty shop in Diagon Alley. We can get a little house in the woods and start a family there. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Lilah."

Lilah smiled. "I'd love to marry you Cedric!"

"Really?!" he asked with a smile.

"Really!"

Cedric slipped the ring on her finger the pulled her into a romantic kiss.

"So, we graduate in June. We can plan the wedding in a month and get married on August fifteenth."

Lilah nodded. "August fifteenth it is. I have to tell my parents were engaged!"

"I already asked for their blessing this morning. They said yes!"

Lilah chuckled. "What if I said no?"

"I know you better than that!"

Lilah sighed as she laid back down on the pallet. Cedric laid down next to her. He wrapped his arms around her body so she could lay her head on his chest. The two of them stared up at the stars in silence. Lilah knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life in his arms.