Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

First Task

Image

Lilah nervously walked into the Great Hall on November twenty-fourth; the day of the first task. The morning professors had told the students that after lunch they would be gather in an arena where the first task would be held. She didn't know why but she was so scared for Cedric. She was afraid that something bad would happen to him. She found him sitting with Connor and Blake eating lunch. She walked over and sat down beside him.

The morning afteer he proposed she told Becca and Rachel. They were both so happy for her. She never expected to be engaged to Cedric. He kissed her cheek softly which caused her to blush. She then grabbed a few sandwiches and began to eat. Although, she only took a few bites.

"You need to stop worrying about me. I'll be fine." whispered Cedric.

"I know but what if you get hurt."

"Have trust in me. I'll be alright."

Cedric kissed her neck which sent shivers down her spine. She didn't know how long she could wait until they had sex. she really did want too but she didn't know when or where.

"Are you nervous?" he asked.

"Not really."

After lunch Cedric and Lilah walked hand in hand out of the castle. Student's kept coming up to Cedric and wishing himm good luck. He thanked them with a smile. A huge arena was set up for the first task about a mile away from the Quidditch Pitch. There was also a large tent set up for the champions.

"Good luck." she said.

"Thanks." Cedric tucked a lose strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "I love you so much Lilah James."

"I love you too Cedric Diggory!"

Lilah stood up on her tip toes to kiss his lips. When they pulled away she saw Dumbledore standing in the entrance of the tent watching them. Lilah nervously began to blush.

"Ms. James, you should find a seat in the arena before they're all taken."

"Yes sir." she smiled at Cedric who just smirked at her. "I'll see you later."

She headed up the stairs which led to the arena stands. Students were already taking their seats and sporting either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor colors. Lilah found Becca and Rachel sitting with Blake and Connor. she made her way over to them and sat in between her two best friends.

"Are you okay?" asked Becca.

Lilah sighed. "Yeah. He'll be fine."

Everyone impatiently waited for the task to start. Dumbledore's voice soon filled the air.

*.9"Welcome to the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. Today, the four champions will have to get the golden egg protected by the dragon they picked out of the bag. First up is Cedric Diggory. He'll be tackling the Swedish Short-Snout."

Lilah gasped when she saw a large gate open up and the dragon run out of it. It was huge. She felt her heartbeat quicken when Cedric walked out. He quickly Transfigured a rock into a dog. The dragons attention turned to the barking dog. This gave Cedric time to get the golden egg. Halfway through the dragon turned to Cedric.

"Cedric look out." Lilah screamed.

Cedric looked at her then saw the dragon. He quickly grabbed the egg and ran away but the dragon spit out a breath of fire. It hit Cedric straight in the face. Lilah watched in horror. The dragon trainers took the dragon back in it's holding cell while the medic called got Cedric and took him back to the tent. Lilah excused herself as she rushed out of the stands. She rushed into the tent to find Dumbledore.

"Professor, can I please see Cedric?" she asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "He's in there." he pointed behind a sheet.

Lilah quickly thanked him. She went behind the sheet to find Madam Pomfrey tending to Cedric's burns. Lilah sat down next to him. He stared up at her and smiled.

"You could've been killed." she said.

Cedric softly grabbed her hand. "But I wasn't. I'm fine."

Lilah sighed. "And I'm glad you're fine. I love you."

"I love you too. Go back to the stands and watch the rest of the tournament."

"No, I want to stay here with you."

Madam Pomfrey put a potion on the burns. They soon dissapeared. Cedric thanked her as he sat up on the bed.

"You're welcome Mr. Diggory." she left the small room leaving Cedric and Lilah alone.

Cedric pulled Lilah off the chair and onto his lap. He softly kissed her satin lips.

"Other than me getting hurt how did I do?"

Lilah sighed. "I'd give you a ten." she said.

Cheering could be heard in the stands. Viktor Krum apparently did a good job but Lilah didn't care to watch. She wanted to make sure that Cedric would be alright.

"Harry's next." said Cedric. He opened his eyes to look up at Lilah. "Go watch him."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "I'm sure."

Lilah gave Cedric a soft kiss. "I'll be right back."

"Okay."

Lilah jumped off the small bed. She headed through the tent until she found an openinng. She stood by the small opening to watch Harry perform the task. She was so happy that Cedric didn't get the dragon that Harry got. The Horn Tail looked very dangerous. Harry hid behind a rock then ran around it.

"Accio Firebolt." he yelled loudly.

Everyone went quiet. Harry had summoned his broom but it hadn't arrived yet. Suddenly, a loud whizzing sound could be heart. The broom appeared in the arena. Harry jumped on it and flew around the dragon. It spit fire at Harry. The fire missed him by a few inches. He dove downward and grabbed the golden egg. Lilah clapped along with the other student's. Before Harry flew back in the opening that she was standing by she headed back down the hall to tell Cedric how Harry did.

All the Hufflepuffs gathered in the common room to congratulate Cedric. They had butterbeer being served around. A large banner that read; Cedric is number one was floating above the air. Cedric had the biggest smile on his face. Lilah stood next to him. She was so glad that he was happy.

"Open the egg!" they yelled.

Cedric smiled down at Lilah as he pulled open the egg. This was a bad idea for the egg made a loud shrieking sound. Everyone covered their ears with their hands. Cedric quickly shut it then looked down at Lilah.

"I know the egg has the clue to the second task." he said.

"You'll figure it out. I'm so proud of you Cedric." said Lilah.

Cedric smiled. "I love you future Mrs. Diggory."

Lilah giggled. "And I love you too!"