Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Blackness Awoken

Image

Lilah cursed under her breath loud enough for Cedric to hear. They were both sitting in potions class. Snape had just passed out the graded tests they took yesterday. She had studied so hard for the test but a red D flashed on the front of the page.

"It's alright. At least you don't fail."

Lilah sighed. "That's true."

The rest of the day went by fast. Lilah made excellent grades in her other classes and she should've scored high on her potions test. After dinner Cedric and Lilah headed to the library to do an essay for Transfiguration.

"The second task is tomorrow." she stated.

"Yeah, and I told Harry the other day about the egg so I'm pretty sure he knows."

Lilah smiled. "Thanks for telling him."

"You're welcome."

Lilah began to write her essay. She was halfway finished when Harry came up to them.

"Lilah, Dumbledore wants to see you in his office."

"Oh. Okay."

Lilah quickly put her things in her bag. She gave Cedric a swift kiss.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too. If I don't see you then good luck tomorrow. I know you'll do well."

Lilah gave him another kiss before heading towards Dumbledores office. When she walked inside she saw Cho, Hermione, and Fleurs younger sister.

"Hello Miss James. Tonight you all will be placed in the black lake. I will perform a spell on all four of you which will make you appear dead but you're really not. You wom't need to breath. It'll be as if you're in a very deep sleep. The mermaids will be protecting you all night."

"We wom't die will we? I mean, if our champion doesn't find us after the hour is up?" asked Lilah.

Dumbledore smiled. "No, nothing will happen to you. One of the mermaids will bring you back safely if your champion doesn't show up. Are you four ready?"

"Yes." they replied.

Dumbledore nodded over to Professor Snape, McGonagal, Trewlawney, and to Hagrid. Hagrid stood behind Lilah. At once she felt safe. Hagrid would be the one taking her lifeless body to the black lake. From there she wasn't sure who her handler would be. She assumed that it was probably the mermaids. Dumbledore pointed his wand at Cho. He muttered a spell Lilah didn't recognize. The blue light hit Cho and at once her body fell backwards. Snape caught her with ease. Next was Hermione, the Fleurs sister, and lastly Lilah. She swallowed hard as Dumbledore said the spell. The blue light hit Lilah. She felt her whole body tingle all over and the world go black.

Cedric tossed and turned in his bed. He kept thinking about Lilah's body underneath the black water. It scared himm to know that she was there with the mermaids and other creatures like the grindelows. He knew it was stupid to worry about. She was safe and sound. Dumbledore would never let anything happen to the students. With that in mind he was finally able to fall asleep.

The sun lifted over the horizon at dawn the next morning. Cedrish showered and dressed in a swim suit that Dumbledore had given him last night. He put on a sweater along with a pair of jeans over his swimsuit. He then headed down the stairs. Lilah went to Dumbledore's office nearly twelve hours ago. Cedric really did miss not being able to see her smiling face in the morning. He felt so alone without her. He didn't know what he would do if anything bad ever happened to her.

He headed out of the common room. Breakfast was calling his name. He passed a lot of his fellow Hufflepuffs who all wished him good luck for the day. He thanked whem then entered the Great Hall. He found an empty spot away from the others at the Hufflepuff table. He put some waffles, grapes, and eggs onto the plate. He didnt' want to eat too much but just enough to kick in his energy. Connor and Blake slid away from Becca and Rachel to come sit by him.

"You'll do good mate." Connor told him.

Cedric nodded. "I know you will."

"So, what do you have to do exactly?"

"Lilah is somewhere in the black lake. I have an hour to find her."

"How are you going to breath underwater?"

"I'm using the bubble head charm."

"Good idea!"

After eating breakfast Cedric headed towards the boat dock where the boats would take them to the stands in the water. Cedric was ready to get uner that water and find Lilah. The boat finally managed to make it to the stands. He stood on the far right next to Harry waiting for the go.

"Goodluck." he told Harry."

"You too Cedric."

When all the student's made it to the stands Dumbledore pointed his wand to his throat.

"Today the four champions will have an hour to find what they sorely miss in the black lake. They will face grindelows and other underwater creatures. The first one back with their possession wins first place."

Cedric pointed the wand to his face. He said the bubble charm spell which formed a perfect oxygen tank around his face so he could breath. A loud horn sounded and the four champions dove into the water. Cedric used all his muscle power to swim forward. He began to swim forward not really knowing where to go. As he swam over somebrush something grabbed his leg. He glanced down to see a grindelow. They were rather ugly creatures. He stunned the monster and at once it let go of his leg. Cedric swam on. He swam through large canyons, stunned more grindelows, and bypassed flying rocks. He finally began to hear beautiful singing. Mermaids started swimming around him. He swam over the trench and saw a castle made out of rock. Out front there were four bodies chained to one of the rocks.

He spotted Lilah who looked dead rather than under a spell. He cast a spell on the chain which caused it to break. Cedric grabbed Lilah's lifeless body. That's when he spotted Harry. He smiled at him then swam off. As Cedric headed back to the stands he wondered why Harry was stalling to bring Cho back. He didn't really worry about it. All he worried about was getting Lilah back safe and sound. The stands finally appeared. He kicked upwards and emerged above the water.

Lilah's eyes opened as the cold air hit her face. She coughed out some water and glanced over to see Cedric smiling at her. She swam over to the dock where Cedric raised her up so Dumbledore could lift her out of the water. McGonagall wrapped a warm towel around her body. She dried herself off but she was still freezing. She had been in the lake for over thirteen hours. Cedric headed over to her. He wrapped his arms around her trying to keep her warm.

"Fleur got attacked by the grindelows. She didn't make it to her sister." he said.

"Oh no."

Viktor Krum and Hermione was the next to appear out of the water. Now the only person left was Harry and Cho. Lilah noticed that there were two minutes left before the hour was up. Everyone anxiously waited for Harry to show up. But Cho and Fleurs sister popped out of the water. Seconds later Harry appeared. Everyone clapped loudly. Dumbledore helped Harry out of the water. His friends rushed over to him. They made sure that he was alright. One of the mermaids came above the water. Dumbledore talked to him. He nodded then stuck his wand to his throat.

"In first place is Cedric Diggory, Viktor is in second, while Fleur did not get any points so she's in last place. The mermaid King told me that Harry arrived first but made sure that the other champions showed up to claim their missings. When Fleur did not show up he grabbed Cho and her sister. So this means that Harry and Cedric are both tied for first place."

Everyone cheered loudly. Lilah reached up to kiss Cedric's lips.

"I'm so proud of you."

He smiled. "Thanks! I love you!"

"I love you too!"

Cedric and Lilah sat side by side next to each other in the boat. All Lilah felt like doing was taking a hot shower, getting something to eat, and curl up in front of the fire with Cedric.