Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Dance Practice

Image

Lilah couldn't believe that Christmas was only a week away. She couldn't wait to go to Hogsmeade so she could by Christmas presents for her family, friends, and Cedric. But before any of the Hufflepuffs could go they had to go into an empty classroom where professor Sprout was waiting. An old record player sat in the middle of the room and chairs were gathered around in a circle.

"Boys on one side of the room and girls on the other." she said.

Lilah sat in between Becca and Rachel. She had no idea what was going on. when all the sixth and seventh years arrived in the room Professor Sprout began to speak.

"Today we will be practicing the art of dance. Please, grab your partner."

Lilah hopped up from the chair. She raced over to Cedric and jumped into his arms. He began to laugh. Professor Sprout showed them all the basics of dancing. Cedric and Lilah were graceful on their feet. Both of their parents had taught them to dance ages ago. After going over a few moves, Professor Sprout walked over to Cedric and Lilah.

"Cedric, you and Lilah will be dancing with the other championss at the beginning of the Yule Ball. I'm going to show you the choreographed moves."

Professor Sprout called Andrew Davis; one of the seventh years, to come over and dance with her. He was very gifted on his feet. It didn't take long for Lilah and Cedric to get the dance down. When they finally finished Professor Sprout said they could go to Hogsmeadr. Lilah grabbed her purse which contained her money and walked out of the castle with Rachel, Becca, Cedric, and Connor. Hogsmeade was only two miles away from the castle. They all walked pretty fast so it didn't take them very long to get there.

"I'll meet you at the Hogshead in an hour." Cedric told her.

"Okay."

Lilah was hoping that she'd be able to shop without Cedric around. She headed towards a clothing dtore for women. Rachel and Becca were right behind her. She had already made her mom some bath set which included lotion, body wash, body spray, and a bath fizzler in the scent of Vanilla and Jasmine. she also wanted to get her mother some clothes. She found some shirts that she thought her mother would love. After Rachel and Becca bought their gifts they headed to the next store which was a broom shop.

She found a broom kit for Cedric because he'd been talking about buying one for a while. The next stop was the candy store. Lilah's father Richard loved candy so she bought him a huge basketfull of his favorite ones. She also got Cedric some jelly beans which he loved. after buying a few other things for her family and friends she spent some money on herself. She wanted some new makeup to wear for the Yule ball.

"How are we going to get our dresses?" asked Rachel.

"I think our parents will send them to us." replied Becca.

"I hope so."

Lilah and the girls headed out of the makeup store. They met up with cedric and Connor at the HogsHead. Before going back to school they got a few pints of butterbeer.

"When's the next task?"" asked Connor.

"Sometime in June. I'm not really sure what we'll have to do." replied Cedric.

"Something more dangerous than the other two tasks." said Lilah.

Cedric wrapped his arm securely around her waist showing her that everything would be alright. After they all finished her their pints they headed back to the castle. Lilah put all the Christmas presents she bought into her trunk. As she did this she heard a tapping at her window. Lilah went over to see her parents owl Butterball sitting there. She opened it up and got the letter off his talon. She quickly opened up the note.

Lilah,
I hope everything at school is fine. I'm still so happy for you and Cedric's engagement. When you come home for Christmas break we'll do some wedding plans. I bought you a lavender dress for the Yule Ball. It should be there the day of the ball. I can't wait to see you sweetie. I love you!
Mom

Lilah smiled as she put the letter in her trunk. She couldn't wait until the Yule Ball and to plan her and Cedric's wedding. She would soon be Mrs. Diggory.