Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Three Schools United

Image

Four hours later the train came to a schreeching hault right outside Hogsmeade. Lilah stood up to stretch out her sore muscles. She waited for her friends to gather out of the compartment before following them off of the train. She smiled up at Hagrid as she passed him. He always reminded her of a big bear. He waved down at her then turned his attention to the first years that he had to lead to the boats. Lilah walked closely next to Cedric as they headed over to the horseless carriages. As they approached a carriage someone hollered Cedric's name. It was a female voice. Lilah glanced around until she saw Marietta Edgecombe. She was a Ravenclaw and very good friends with Cho Chang the seeker for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.

"I'll be right back." he said.

Lilah waited for Cedric to return. He talked to Marietta for a few moments then quickly walked back to where Lilah was standing.

"What was that about?" asked Lilah.

She stepped onto the carriage followed by Cedric.

"What was what about?"

"The reason why a fifth year Ravenclaw wanted to talk to you."

"Oh, Marietta is best friends with Cho Chang and Cho wanted to know if we were dating."

"Me and you?" asked Lilah.

"Yes."

"Why would she want to know that?" asked Rachel.

Cedric shrugged. "I'm not sure."

"Because she likes you Diggory!"

Connor high fived Cedric which made Lilah frown. If Cho likes Cedric then who else liked him? She had always liked Cedric ever since they were little kids. She'd known him before Hogwarts. Their mother's had been best friends and so had their fathers. She didn't know if she was jealous of someone else liking Cedric or not. She did feel a little mad about the situation and she knew that Cedric could tell.

"What's the matter?" he whispered.

"Nothing." she replied flatly.

"I can tell when you're mad. What's wrong? Are you mad because Cho likes me."

Lilah folded her arms across her chest. "No, I'm not mad about that."

"Then what is it? You never keep anything from me."

Lilah glanced into Cedric's blueish green eyes. The eyes that she wanted to be lost in for the rest of eternity.

"Just don't worry about it."

"I will worry about it."

"Cedric please." she shouted. "Just drop it." she lowered her voice when everyone glanced at her.

"Sorry, I didn't meant to upset you." he replied coldly.

Lilah tried not to cry. She hated it when Cedric was mad at her. She kept her mouth shut as the carriages began moving towards the castle. It was about a fifteen minute ride up to Hogwarts. When they finally got off everyone headed into the Great Hall. Lilah took her place in between Becca and Cedric, even though he was still not talking to her. She just ignored him. She didn't need the drama on the first night of school. After all the students gathered into the Great Hall, McGonagall did the sorting hat. About six new first years were sorted into Hufflepuff. The table applauded the newcomers then began to eat their food. Cedric was still not talking to Lilah.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. Okay?" she told him.

Cedric glanced down at her and shrugged. "What about earlier?"

"Don't play dumb. I'm sorry that I snapped at you. You know I didn't mean it. Right?"

Cedric sighed then smiled down at Lilah. He could never stay mad at her. "I know you didn't mean it. I just wish you would tell me why you got mad back there. Was it because Cho had Marietta ask if we were dating?"

"A little." whispered Lilah.

"Why would you be mad about that?"

"It's just stupid girl stuff. Don't worry about it Cedric." Becca spoke up.

Lilah turned to her and mouthed 'Thank You.' Becca nodded then went back to eating. Thankfully, Cedric dropped the subject. Once everyone got done eating Dumbledore stood behind his owl podium. He smiled warmly at the students before he spoke.

"This year, Hogwarts will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament."

Student's began to chatter loudly at the subject. Dumbledore quieted them down and spoke again.

"I'd like to introduce to you the wonderful ladies from Beuxbatons."

The door burst open and in walked about a dozen girls from the academy. They were all wearing blue dresses which framed their figure. All the guys stared at them with their mouths open. Even Cedric did which made Lilah smirk. Guys and their hormones. A woman who looked to be about eight feet walked in behind them. Dumbledore greeted her with a handshake. He then cleared his throat and introduced Durmstrang. All the girls went crazy the moment they saw Victor Krum. They did a cool little dance with canes and in walked their headmaster who looked really creepy to Lilah. She frowned at him. Something about the man made her skin crawl. Dumbledore also greeted the man with a shake of the hand. When he got done introducing the students he told everyone to go to bed. Lilah followed her friends to the common room. She wasn't at all tired so she stayed up and talked with Becca on the couch.

"When are you going to tell Cedric how you feel?" she asked.

Lilah sighed. "I don't know Becca. I'm afraid he won't have the same feelings for me."

"Are you kidding? The man is practically in love with you."

"Then why doesn't he ask me out?"

"Because, he's afraid you don't like him. Just tell him how you feel. I'm going to bed. Are you coming?"

"No, I'll stay down here for a while."

"Suit yourself."

Becca got up from the couch. She headed up the stairs into the room. Lilah softly sighed. She knew that Becca had to be right. It put a smile on her face that Cedric actually liked her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image