Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Break

Image

The Hogwarts Express left Hogwarts at exactly nine the next morning. Becca, Lilah, Cedric, and Blake all gathered in their own compartment. Becca and Blake flirted most of the way there. Lilah always knew that Blake liked Becca. They were both so cute together. She knew that Becca wanted to take it slow if Blake asked her out. She was however still heartbroken from Connor cheating on her. Lilah never would've thought that he would do that to her. She just hoped that Cedric wasn't like Connor.

Usually the rides back home for break didn't take nearly as long as it took to get to Hogwarts. The train finally came to a complete stop around five that evening. Cedric and Lilah bid farewell to Becca and Blake.

"I'll have Butterball send you your present on Christmas." said Lilah.

After Cedric and Lilah grabbed their small bags and Christmas presents they headed through the brick wall. Lilah's blue eyes glanced around the station. She smiled widely the moment her eyes landed on her parents. Her mother Victoria had short blond hair, a gorgeous smile, and beautiful blue eyes. While her father Richard had brown hair, stubble on his face, and green eyes. She rushed over and literally jumped into their arms.

"Oh, we missed you so much!" said Richard as he softly kissed his daughter's cheek.

"I missed you too dad."

"Let me see the ring!" piped in Victoria.

Lilah held out her left hand. Her mother softly took it. She stared down at the engagement ring that Cedric had given her the night they stayed in the astronomy tower.

"I can't wait until you're part of the family Cedric!"

Victoria headed over to Cedric to give him a warm hug.

"Thank you! Neither can I!"

"Well, your parents had to work today so you can stay at the house with us until they get back." said Richard.

"That's fine."

Cedric's parents worked at the Ministry of Magic as did Lilah's parents. Richard took his daughter's things from her then headed through Kings Cross. It only took an hour to get to the small town of Kingston. It had a few restaurants, a park, a movie theatre, a church, and some shopping centers. Lilah and Cedric lived in rather fancy houses right next door to each other. On the way to Kingston, Victoria talked about everything her and Cedric's mom had in mind for the wedding. Lilah just looked over at Cedric who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh, and we're going to put up the Christmas tree tonight. I already bought food yesterday and your presents Lilah!"

"Okay!"

Lilah loved her mother very much but sometimes she talked a lot. Her dad on the other hand was the quiet type. Soon, Richard began driving through the town of Kingston. He turned into a neighborhood and headed towards the culdesac that only contained Cedric and Lilah's houses.

"I'm going to unpack my things. I'll meet you at your house." Cedric said as he got out of the car.

"I'll see you later then."

Cedric put his duffle bag over his shoulder. He cut across the law towards his rocked house. Lilah glanced over at her beautiful white house that had blue shutters. She had grown up here and it always felt great being back.

"Come on baby girl. Let's get you unpacked."

Richard ushered his daughter over to the front porch. He unlocked the door and pushed it open. Lilah walked inside the foyer which contained the stairs, a beautiful chandelier, and the dining room which was on the left and the living room on the right. Victoria had a very unique designing style but the house was always beautiful.

Lilah took the bag from her father and raced up the stairs. Her room was in the back of the house. She had it painted a beautiful shade of purple with a green and purple butterfly comforter and drapes. She set her bag down on her bed and began to unpack all the Christmas presents along with her belongings. She hung up her clothes then hid the presents in her closet.

Lilah didn't realized how tired she was until she laid down on her bed. Her eyes began to close and soon she was sound asleep.

"Lilah, sweetie wake up. your mom wants to put up the tree."

Lilah's eyes fluttered open. She noticed that it had gotten darker outside. Her eyes landed on her father.

"Where's Cedric?" she asked.

"His parents wanted to take him out to eat."

"Oh, okay. I'm sure he wants to spend time with them."

"And I'm sure they want to send time with him as well. Just like we want to with you. Come on. Your mother's cooking steak, baked potato, and her garden salad!"

Lilah jumped out of the bed which made her dad chuckle. She always loved her mothers steaks. She headed down the stairs that led into the kitchen. Her mother was just pulling the potatoes out of the oven.

"Did you sleep good? I could hear you snoring all the way down here!" joked Victoria.

Lilah laughed. "I wasn't snoring!"

Victoria smiled. "Are you ready to eat? We'll put up the Christmas tree afterwards."

"I'm starving actually."

Lilah got her plate together. She headed into the dining room and sat down at the table. The sour cream, butter, and salad was already set on the table. She waited for her parents to sit down before she started eating. After they ate, Lilah helped her mother clean up. Once that task was finished the three of them went into the living room. victoria never liked real trees because they shed and it was hard to clean up so they used a fake tree.

Richard used his wand to put the tree together. Victoria wrapped the lights and garland around it while Lilah put the decorations on. The last thing was the star. This was Lilah's favorite part. Once it landed on top of the tree the lights came on showing how beautiful the tree really was.

"It looks good." Richard said as he wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter. He kissed each of their cheeks making them both smile.

"Help me with the presents."

Lilah helped her mother bring down all the presents and place them under the tree. She then got the presents she bought and put them under there as well.

"Well I'm going to head back to bed." said Lilah.

"I'm off work tomorrow so we can discuss the wedding plans."

"Okay. Night mom Night dad."

"Night." they chimed.

Lilah headed up the stairs she didn't feel like taking a shower tonight so she just changed and climbed into her bed. But, instead of going to sleep she watched a few movies then finally closed her eyes.