Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Christmas

Image

Lilah stepped out of the bathroom on Christmas morning. She was wearing the outfit that Harry had bought her for Christmas. She thought it looked really good in it. She quickly headed down the stairs to find her parents and grandparents Claire and Robert sitting in the living room. She smiled widely at her grandparents. They both greeted her with a hug and a kiss.

"Are you ready to open up your presents?" asked Richard.

"Of course I am dad!"

Lilah began to pass out all the presents. She placed hers by the large recliner where she would open up her gifts. After passing them all out she sat down and grabbed the first one which was from her mother. She spent about ten minutes opening them all up. She got new parchments, quills, ink, clothes, perfume, jewelry, and she was surprised to see a present from Cedric. He got her a beautiful set of diamond earrings and a matching necklace. She had Butterball send his presents to him last night.

"Thank you for my presents!" Lilah went around giving her family hugs. In return they thanked her as well.

"What time will the Diggory's be here?" asked Grandma Claire.

Lilah gathered up all her presents to take up to her room. She glanced over at her mother for the answer. She had no idea what time Cedric and his family would be over for Christmas dinner.

"Around four." replied Victoria.

"Goodness, that's three hours away. Do you need any help in the kitchen?"

"No mom. Lilah's already said she'll help me."

Grandma Claire nodded.

"I'm going to take my presents up to my room then I'll be down to help you."

"Okay."

Lilah put her things into her bags and headed up the stairs. She placed her presents onto the bed then went back down the stairs which led into the kitchen. She helped her mother make the brocoli and rice cheese casarole, the mashed potatoes, green bean casarole, rolls, sweet potatoes, and many other types of food. She also set the dining room table with their best china. By the time four o'clock rolled around everything was set and ready for Christmas dinner. The doorbell rang throughout the house.

"Lilah, will you get the door?" asked Victoria.

Lilah rushed over to the front door. She pulled it open to be greeted by Cedric. He wrapped her in a warm embrace then kissed her cheek.

"Happy Christmas." he said.

"Happy Christmas!"

Lilah greeted Cedric's parents and his grandfather Gerald. She took their coats from them. She hung them up on the coat rack then led the four of them into the dining room. Victoria, Richard, and Lilah's grandparents said their hellos. Lilah took a seat at the large dining table beside Cedric. She stared around the table at all the faces. She was so happy to see all her family together. She couldn't wait to become a Diggory. Marrying Cedric would probably be one of the best things that has ever happened to her. After everyone got done eating, they cleaned up then gathered around the living room. Lilah and Cedric stayed in there for a few hours then decided to go up to her room.

"Thank you for my presents!" she said while kissing him.

"You're welcome. And thank you for mine. I love them! Did you have a good Christmas?"

"Well, it's not over yet! Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure."

Lilah put a movie into her DVD player. She started it up and laid down on the bed with Cedric. Half way through the movie she fell asleep. When she woke back up she saw that Cedric wasn't in the room anymore so she headed down the stairs to find him. Her mother and father were sitting in the living room watching TV with her grandparents.

"Did Cedric leave?" she asked while sitting down in the recliner.

"Yes, he did. They wanted to go visit some friends for Christmas. So, did you have a good Christmas?" asked Victoria.

Lilah smiled. "I did have a good Christmas! Thank you all for my presents!"

"You're welcome!" they all replied.

Lilah watched a few more movies with her family. She then decided to get ready for bed. She was extremely tired today. After she cleared her face of makeup, she brushed her teeth then went to bed. She really did have a good Christmas this year. She couldn't wait to spend the rest of them with Cedric.