Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Third and Final Task

Image

Cedric and Lilah walked hand in hand towards the Quidditch pitch. Lilah didn't know why but she had a bad feeling about the final task. Cedric could tell that something was bothering her.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"I'm just scared about the task."

"I'll be fine love."

"I know."

Lilah remained silent as they walked towards the pitch. She was surprised that the pitch was now a large maze. Cedric turned to face her.

"I love you." he said as he pulled her into a passionate kiss.

"I love you too. Be careful."

"I will."

Cedric smiled at her before walking over to Harry. Lilah sighed then went up to the bleachers. She sat in between Becca and Rachel. Blake was right beside Becca. Dumbledore turned to face the student's.

"Since Cedric and Harry are both in first place they can enter the maze first. Then Viktor and lastly Fleur. Whoever makes it through the maze and finds the cup will be the winner. Good luck champions!"

Cedric turned around to look into the stands. He found his father who smiled at him then he saw Lilah. She blew him a kiss which made him feel better. The bushes opened up. Cedric stepped forward. Once they closed he began to run through the maze. He ran into some creatures but stunned them with ease. It felt like he had been running for hours. He jumped when he heard Fleur scream. Cedric ran in the direction of her screaming. That's when he came face to face with Viktor Krum. His eyes were glazed over. Cedric knew he was cursed. viktor raised his waned and pointed it at Cedric. At once, Cedric's body fell to the ground. He was being tortured. It didn't last long because Harry came and rescued him.

"Thanks." he said.

"You're welcome."

Cedric and Harry ran through the rest of the maze together.

"There's the cup." yelled Cedric.

He spotted it about ten feet away. The two of them ran forward but an Auromantula stepped in front of them. They had to defeat the creature before they arrived at the cup.

"Take it." said Cedric.

"We'll take it together."

Cedric and Harry both grabbed the cup at the same time. Their whole world began to spin. Cedric landed on the ground. He quickly got up. He was surprised that the cup was a port key. It had taken them to a grave yard where he had been before.

"I can't believe it was a port key." Cedric told Harry.

"I've been here before." said Harry. "Cedric, get back to the cup."

Cedric nodded. He walked over to the cup but before he could he heard Harry scream. He turned around to see a fat man carrying something in a blanket.

"Kill the spare." said a raspy voice.

Cedric froze when the fat man pointed his wand at him.

"Avada Kedavra." he yelled.

At that moment Cedric's life flashed in front of his eyes. He thought about his family, friends, and lastly Lilah. He wouldn't be able to marry her, have children with her, or spend the rest of his life with her. The curse hit him and at once his whole world went black.

Lilah sat in the stands. She quickly stood up. Something was wrong. Becca reached up for her but she pulled her hand away. That's when she heard a pop. She saw Harry laying on top of Cedric crying. Dumbledore rushed over to the both of them.

"The boys dead." whispered McGonagall.

Lilah turned around to look at Amos Diggory. He stared down at her with his mouth opened. Lilah pushed through the crowd and ran towards Cedric's body. Dumbledore tried to keep her away from Cedric but she pushed passed him. She dropped to her knees and laid over him. Amos began to cry out in pain.

"I'm sorry" cried Harry.

Lilah shook her head. She felt the tears fall from her eyes. She ran her fingers through Cedric's hair. She didn't know what to think. Cedric was gone and never coming back.