Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Never Forget Me

Image

Lilah stood in the Astronomy Tower staring at the sunrise. To most people it would be beautiful but to Lilah it didn't seem beautiful without Cedric there. Two days had passed since Cedric had died and today was his funeral. She had already gotten ready for it at four in the morning since she couldn't sleep. She wore a black dress with lace sleeves. It made her look elegant. She glanced down at the engagement ring that Cedric had gave her. She felt a tear slide down her cheek. She knew this would be hard to get over.

"Lilah, can I talk to you?"

Lilah turned around to see Harry standing by the stairs. She nodded and motioned for him to come stand by her. Harry had told everyone that Voldemort was back and that the cup was a port key. Dumbledore believed him and so did Lilah along with her parents and Cedric's parents but the Minister of Magic told everyone that Harry was lying. He also told everyone that Mad Eye Moody was really Barty Crouch Jr. He used polyjuice potion to make himself look like Moody. Harry had won the tournament but if he could choose to take it all back he would.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you." he said.

Lilah looked at him closely. He had bruises on his face and a large cut on his forearm.

"What is it?" she asked.

"When Voldemort's wand and my wand met it caused a bond between the two wands which display the echoes of his most recent murdered victims. Cedric's soul came out of the wand, as did my parents. The echoes helped me escape. Before they did that Cedric told me to tell you that when the angels ask what he most loved about life he'll say you. He wants you to know that it's okay to cry over him but just remember that he loves you with all his heart no matter how far away you both are. He'll be watching over you for the rest of your life. He loves you so much Lilah. He also said to never forget me because he'll never forget you."

Lilah couldn't take it anymore she began to cry out in pain. Harry wrapped his arms around her and let her cry on his shoulder. He knew how hard it was to lose someone you love. He lost his parents because of Voldemort now Lilah lost the love of her life because of Voldemort. Harry consoled Lilah for the longest time. He really did love her but her heart belonged to someone else and that would always be Cedric. It would take a long time for her to get over his death. When she pulled away from him she nervously brushed the tears from her eyes.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"Don't apologize." he replied. "I have something for you."

Harry pulled a bag from his cloak and handed it to Lilah. She curiously looked at him then opened it. Inside the bag was 1,000 galleons; the winnings that Harry won from the tournament.

"I thought you could use the money to open up your beauty shop."

Lilah smiled a true genuine smile. She wrapped her arms around Harry.

"Thank you so much." she said.

"You're welcome. I'm going to get ready for the funeral. I'll see you later."

Harry left leaving Lilah alone or so she thought. Dumbledore walked up the stairs and stood next to her.

"That was nice of Harry to give you his winnings."

Lilah nodded. "It was nice of him."

"Lilah, as time goes by, life has a way of rearranging itself. People enter your life, and inevitably, they leave as well. Things have a tendency to happen that can turn your world upside down. You’ll come to realize eventually, that even though things are different, you are as well. Cedric loved you with all his heart and soul. Nothing will ever change that."

"I know sir. But, will this pain ever go away?"

Dumbledore sadly shook his head. "Sadly no it will never go away. Sometimes, no matter how much faith we have, we lose people. But you never forget them. And sometimes, it's those memories that give us the strength to go on. The memory of Cedric will always live on."

Lilah smiled. "Cedric would want me to be happy."

"He would. Though it will take a long time for you to get over it just know this Cedric will always be watching over you."

Dumbledore bent down and softly kissed Lilah's forehead before leaving her alone. She sadly stared at the sun that was now rising high in the sky. The wind began to blow heavily. She closed her eyes and felt Cedric's presence around her.

"I love you Lilah. I'll always be watching over you." his voice called through the wind.

"I love you too Cedric. Forever and ever." she whispered back.