Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Schedule

Image

"Lilah, get your butt out of bed. We have to go down to the great hall and get our schedules." shouted Becca.

Lilah groaned as she rolled out of bed. She rushed into the laboratory where she took a shower and got ready for the day. She air dried out her long wavy hair then pulled it up into a high pony tail. After putting on a little bit of makeup she headed out of the common room with Becca and Rachel. The three of them walked down the staircase until they reached the Great Hall.

McGonagall stood in the entrance. She handed out the schedules to all the student's. She gave Lilah hers then the other girls.

"Thanks professor." said Lilah.

McGonagal smiled warmly. Lilah headed around until she found Cedric. Her mouth dropped when she saw who he was talking to. He sat at the Ravenclaw table talking to Cho Chang. At that moment, Lilah knew she was jealous of the two of them talking.

"Do you think he's just talking to her to get a reaction out of me?" asked Lilah.

She sat down at the Hufflepuff table with her two best friends. Becca and Rachel glanced over at Cedric.

"Well, he's looking at you right now." responded Rachel.

Lilah turned her head. Sure enough, Cedric was staring at her. Cho noticed him looking away so she followed his gaze. She frowned when she saw him staring at Lilah. Lilah quickly glanced away.

"What is he playing at?" she asked.

"Cho is showing an interest in him." replied Becca.

"And you're saying I'm not?"

Lilah took a bite out of her jelly toast. She washed it down with a sip of pumpkin juice.

"You haven't told him that you like him. The boy can't wait around forever. Enough talk about Cedric. What's your schedule?"

Lilah glanced down at the sheet of paper. She had Defense against the dark arts, Potions, Divination, Herbology, Transfiguration, and Study Hall. All her classes were advanced.

"Nerd." said Becca. "I only have first, second, and third period with you."

"I have Herbology and Transfiguration with you." said Rachel.

"Awesome! And I'm not a nerd."

"Yes, you are." Becca and Rachel said in unison.

The bell sounded loudly. Everyone gathered out of the Great Hall towards their classes. Lilah and Becca headed into their first class with would be with "Mad Eye" Moody. He went over advanced defense spells and told them to start an essay about defense spells and their effects. Lilah opened up her book . There were about ten advanced spells. She dipped her quill in the ink and then began to write. She could already tell that this year was going to filled with a lot of homework. She didn't finish her work in time for the bell to ring so she planned on finishing up the essay in Study Hall. Potions wasn't as bad as she expected. She thought it would be brutal but Snape just told them to do an advanced potion. Lilah did a good job to Snape's disdain. Divination was always awful. Professor Trelawney was a fruit cake. She made the students start a dream diary and had them all talk about their dreams. Finally, it was lunch time.

Lilah followed Becca into the Great Hall. She smiled when she saw Cedric waiting for them. She took a seat next to him. Connor met up with Becca as did Rachel. They all talked about their morning classes. Lilah glanced over at Cedric's schedule. She noticed that they both had all the same classes.

"Why weren't you in the first three hours?" she asked him.

"Oh, I was talking to Dumbledore." he responded.

"For three hours?"

"Uh no, I also had to help Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing."

"I see."

Lilah didn't know why but she didn't believe a word he said. She glanced behind her to see Cho chatting up a storm to Marietta. Her cheeks were flushed with warmth. Lilah felt a pain of jealousy. Had Cedric and Cho skipped classes to hang out with each other? Lilah didn't question him further. She ate her lunch then gathered her belongings. Cedric and Rachel both followed her to Herbology. They spent that period going over poisonous plants, while in Transfiguration they began learning how to become animagus. McGonagal said that if she finds out any of them are turning into an animal without being registered they'd be expelled. Lilah wasn't planning on crossing that line. After the last two classes, Cedric and Lilah headed into study hall. They sat down at a table together. They got all their homework out and began to work on it. For nearly twenty minutes they sat without saying a word to one another.

"Are you angry with me?" Cedric finally asked.

"No. Why?"

"You seem distant with me."

"I'm just trying to get my work done."

"No Lilah, you're upset with me. Are you mad about this morning?"

Lilah sighed as she put the top back on her ink bottle.

"Cedric, you can talk to whomever you want."

"Not if it makes you mad. I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"You won't. Cho's a nice girl."

"We're only friends Lilah."

"Is that why you both skipped the first three periods together? Because you're just friends?"

Cedric's mouth slightly dropped. "How did you know about that?"

"I've known you for seventeen years Cedric. I know when you're lying to me."

Lilah quickly gathered up her things. She rushed out of the study hall room and down the hallway. She felt the hot tears burning her face. Cedric called after her but she ignored him. She turned into one of the girls laboratories. That's where she locked herself in the stall. She sat down on the toilet with a thud. Tears fell heavily down her face. She didn't know why but she felt hurt and betrayed that Cedric skipped classes to hang out with Cho Chang. He never once skipped classes with Lilah so the two of them could hang out. She was so upset with him. She had nothing to say to him what-so-ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image