Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Funeral

Image

Lilah walked into the Great Hall with her parents at her side. They found three seats at the very front. Lilah glanced at a small table which had a picture of Cedric, roses in a vase, candles, and a blue urn which held his ashes. She stared at the picture of him then noticed another one of him and Lilah together. They were at the Yule Ball dancing. Lilah smiled as she remembered that night. She loved Cedric so much. Dumbledore waited for the students and faculty members to show up for the funeral. He then took his spot behind the owl podium.

"First of all, I want you all to know that Cedric was killed by Voldemort. Denying the true way that Cedric died would be an insult to his memory. Cedric Amos Diggory was born on April 27, 1977 he passed away on June 24 1995. He was the son of Amos and Beth Diggory. He started attending Hogwarts in 1989, and was sorted into the Hufflepuff house. During his time at school he was a Prefect, and captained the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, playing as Seeker. He was sadly killed by the Avada Kedavra curse. Remember, if the time should come, when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory. Now, will Lilah James please come up. Her and Cedric planned on getting married this fall. She has wrote a few words from her heart."

Lilah nervously grabbed her parchment and made her way up to the podium. As she passed Cedric's earn she kissed her hand then placed it upon the cold urn. She then stood behind the podium. Everyone's eyes were sadly on her. She opened up the parchment and began to read.

"In life, God doesn't give you the people you want, instead he gives you the people you need. To teach you, to hurt you, to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be. Cedric taught me so many things in life. He taught me to never fear failure so much that I refuse to try new things. To cherish my yesterdays and dream my tomorrows but most importantly, don't forget to live your toady's. Hurt was never in Cedric's vocabulary. He always had a free spirit about him. Although at times we'd have our arguments we'd always apologize after wards. I've known Cedric my whole life and it wasn't until nine months ago that I finally realized I love him more than a friend. Sometimes I wish that it didn't take me so long to figure it out. You know the saying; You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back? We'll that's how I feel about Cedric. I never knew what a great friend I had until he was gone from this world forever. I wish that I could hold him now, to touch him, to talk to him, and just to be with him somehow. But now, all I have are memories. The memories of the last nine months of his life to get me by. I'll never forget those memories as long as I live because those are the only things I have to live by. Please remember Cedric as a brave, nice, and loving man. He will always have my heart."

Lilah stepped down from the podium. Most of the Hufflepuffs got up to hug her as did Professor Sprout. When everyone sat back down the choir sang a few songs in Cedric's honor then as if it started the funeral for Cedric ended. Student's started to head to the station. It was the end of the school year and everyone would be going back home. Lilah was done with school. Tomorrow she would buy a place for her beauty shop and start making new products which would hopefully get her mind off Cedric.

"Do you want to take the Floo Network with us?" Victoria asked her daughter.

"No mom, I'm going to take the train then I'll probably go to Diagon Alley and buy a shop."

Victoria nodded. "We'll meet you there. I love you sweet pea."

"I love you too."

Lilah said her goodbyes to her parents then talked to Cedric's parents for a few minutes before heading up the stairs. She quickly packed her things then sighed. She would not be coming back to Hogwarts. This would be her last time here. It held too many painful memories of Cedric. She put her trunk in the common room where it would be taken to the train. When she walked out of the common room for the last time she ran into cho.

"Lilah, I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if Cedric told you but we weren't really going out. We just did it so you would get jealous and maybe want to go out with him."

Lilah smiled. "He told me and thank you. It's going to take me a long time to get over it."

Cho nodded. "He really did love you Lilah."

"And I really did love him."

"I know. Hey, if you need any help in your shop during the summer I'll be more than happy to help."

Lilah smiled. "I'd love that Cho. Thank you. We better get to the train before it leaves us."

Lilah and Cho headed down to the train station together. They found Becca, Rachel, and Blake saving a compartment for them. Lilah took a seat next to the window. When the train began to move she stared out the window to see Hogwarts in the far distance. Lilah wanted a perfect ending but she's now learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's to happen next. She had no idea that she'd be spending the rest of her life without her best friend and one true love. She did know that he would always be in he heart. As she stared at Hogwarts she felt a smile come across her face. She had to remember the good memories aside from the bad. The soft wind blew in from the open window.

"Never forget me." his soft voice whispered.

And she knew that she'd never ever forget Cedric Amos Diggory.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone that read, commented, and subsribed to this story! This won't be my last Harry Potter related story; I'm planning on writing a Draco Malfoy one in the next few months so look out for it! I'm also having a Daniel Radcliffe story which will be out sometime next month!