Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Heartbroken

Image

Lilah stayed in the girls laboratory for nearly two hours until Becca and Rachel came to look for her. She refused to leave the bathroom stall. She was so embarrassed by the way she acted. She couldn't face Cedric. He was probably standing outside in the hall waiting to laugh at her. She frowned knowing that Cedric would never do such a thing. He'd probably be there to apologize to her. She'd then tell him why she acted the way she did. She'd say that she loved him since they were six. He'd hug her, they'd kiss, and Cho Chang would be history. But, when Lilah walked out into the hallway the only guy standing there was Connor. She frowned up at him.

"It's nice to see you too." he said. "What's the deal? Why did you run off on Cedric? He said you were really upset."

"It's no reason."

"Yes, it is a reason. What happened?" asked Becca.

"Remember at lunch when I asked him why he wasn't in the first three periods?"

"Yes, I remember."

"He was hanging out with Cho."

"Oh." was all Becca said.

"They were just hanging out talking." replied Connor.

"Did you know about this?" asked Lilah.

Connor glanced away.

"Connor? Did you know about this?"

"Uh, yeah I knew."

"Does he like her?" asked Becca.

Connor nodded. "Yes, he likes Cho."

Lilah felt her heart slowly break into a million pieces. She didn't know what to think. What if she had told Cedric she liked him sooner? Would they be together? Would she be skipping classes with him instead of Cho? She pushed away all the thoughts of Cedric. She had to just hold her head up high. She didn't want Cedric knowing how bad this had hurt her; even though he did break her heart. Lilah just shrugged it off. She didn't want Connor going back to Cedric and telling him how Lilah reacted.

"Oh, cool." she responded. "We better head to the Great Hall. I think Dumbledore is going to reveal the Goblet of Fire tonight. I might add my name to it"

Becca smiled softly. She knew that Lilah was trying not to show her true feelings around Connor. She'd get an earful from her later. Which it didn't bother Becca. She wanted Cedric and Lilah to be together. They were destined to be together. The four of them walked through the halls of Hogwarts until they reached the great hall. The tables were all set up close against the wall. Sitting in the middle was a large object with a tarp draped over it. Cedric was sitting at the table with Cho talking to her. He spotted Lilah who glanced away from his gaze. After everyone got done eating, Dumbledore stood up to make a speech.

"Everyone, I'd like to show you the Goblet of Fire." he removed the tarp and there sat the huge Goblet of Fire with red flames coming out of it. "Due to the circumstances, only seventeen year olds can compete in the Triwizard Tournament."

Everyone began to shout at this. Especially the Weasley twins who said they'd be seventeen in a few weeks. Dumbledore quieted them down. The room fell silent. Barty Crouch showed everyone the cup which to Lilah's surprise was so beautiful and sparkly. Once dinner was over all the seventh years began to put their names in the Goblet. Cedric wrote his name and put it in. Some of the Hufflepuff's cheered him on. Lilah just rolled her eyes. She stormed out of the Great Hall without the knowledge of her friends.

"Lilah wait." someone shouted.

She turned around to see Cedric running after her. She stopped right outside the castle. All she needed was fresh air to get her mind off of things.

"What do you want." she said coldly.

"To talk to you. Are you mad at me?"

"Are you dating Cho Chang?"

Cedric sighed. "Yes, I asked her out last night. Are you mad that I'm dating her?"

"Am I mad at you for dating her? That's your main concern after shattering my whole world? Mad for what? Breaking my heart? Or for all the lies? Maybe for letting me put all my trust in you only to be betrayed? How about the fact you didn't even have the decency to tell me earlier that you were dating her? Or the way you think it's crazy that I'm crying over the fact that you like her. Am I mad at you?... no Cedric. More like crushed." shouted Lilah.

Cedric stood there for the longest time just staring into Lilah's eyes. He didn't think she'd be this upset with him. He thought that she'd be happy for him. They were best friends after all. It did hurt him to finally move on from Lilah but she wasn't making a move and Cho was.

"Why are you angry that I'm dating her? Are you jealous or something?" he asked.

"Forget it." Lilah was about to walk off but Cedric grabbed her wrist.

"Just tell me why you're upset about me dating Cho? Tell me those words I've been waiting to hear. Please." he begged.

Lilah felt a tear fall down her face. She wanted so badly to tell Cedric her feelings but he was dating Cho now. Even though she was angry she didn't want Cedric hurting Cho. Cho really seemed to like him a lot. Maybe she could offer him more than Lilah could offer.

"I can't tell you how I feel. Believe me, I want to tell you. It's just too hard for me to open up myself to you Cedric. Have fun with Cho."

Lilah walked away from Cedric with tears in her eyes. She wished that she would just turn around and run back to him. She would jump into his arms and tell him that she loves him, that she's always loved him. But, something made her walk forward. Was it fear? Fear of ruining their friendship or getting hurt in the end. Maybe, it was time to move on from Cedric. He apparently moved on. Instead of going back to the common room she made her way up to the astronomy tower. She froze in her spot when she saw Harry Potter staring up at the night sky. She hadn't really talked to Harry before. Lilah cleared her throat which caused Harry to glance back at her.

"Sorry, if you don't want company I'll leave." she told him.

"No, it's alright. I was just thinking."

Lilah stepped closer. "Thinking about what?"

Harry sighed. "It's Lilah right?"

"Yes. Are you having girl troubles."

"Is it that obvious?"

"I'm having guy problems. What's your story?"

"I have a huge crush on this girl. I asked her out today and she told me she's dating someone else."

"My best friend who tells me everything is dating someone else. He didn't tell me until just now. And the sad thing is I love him with all my heart and I think he loves me. He's just tired of waiting for me so I guess he moved on."

"Why haven't you told him how you feel?"

Lilah sighed. "I'm afraid that if we date we'll end up breaking up and it'll ruin our friendship."

Harry nodded. "I understand that. Who's the lucky guy?"

"Cedric Diggory."

Harry softly chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, I'm not laughing because you like Cedric I'm laughing because the girl I like is Cho Chang."

Lilah laughed. "Small world huh?"

"Very."

"So here we are two heartbroken souls who see the people we love with someone else. It sucks."

"Yes, it doesn't feel good. Have you ever noticed that the person you love the most is the one who ends up hurting you more."

Lilah sighed. "I have noticed that. He told me to tell him those words he's been waiting to hear. What was he waiting for?"

Harry glanced over at Lilah. "Are you deaf?"

She smiled. "Not that I know of!"

"He wanted to hear you tell him that you love him."

"I figured that. What would've happened if I told him that though? Would he break up with Cho and go out with me? I couldn't handle being rejected by him. That would break my heart even more."

Harry shrugged. "I'm not sure what would've happened. So, do you know if Cedric really likes you?"

"I'm sure he does. We've known each other since we were babies."

Harry nodded. "And Cho said she likes me but she's with Cedric now. Maybe, if we start dating they'll get jealous and come crawling back to us."

Lilah smiled. "Not for real right? Just for show?"

"Yes, just for show. If it doesn't work in a week we'll 'break' up."

Lilah didn't really know if she wanted to do this. She didn't know that much about Harry. Only that he survived the Avada Kedavra curse from the dark lord. Only one week and if this fake relationship didn't work then the two of them would break up.

"Only one week right?" she asked him.

"Right. Just one week." responded Harry.

"Okay, we'll try this out. We have to sit next to each other during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We don't have any classes together but we'll walk with each other in the halls. The only thing we'll come close to doing is holding hands and hugging. No snogging or anything like that."

"It's a deal!" Harry and Lilah both shook hands. "Thanks Lilah. I'll tell my friends while you tell yours."

"I'll make sure Cedric hears this tonight. I will see you first thing in the morning Harry. Cho's a lucky girl."

"Why's that?" Harry asked.

"She has two great guys that like her."

Lilah walked out of the Astronomy Tower. It's pretty funny that she went up there to collect her thoughts and came back down with a fake boyfriend. She really hoped this did work. If this didn't make Cedric and Cho jealous she didn't know what would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image