Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Happy

Image

Several days had went by since Cedric had told Lilah he was dating Cho. Lilah tried so hard not to pay any attention to them during dinner but the two of them sat almost on top of each other. Cedric had his arm around Cho and sometimes she'd lay her head on his chest. How Lilah wished that was her laying her head on his chest. She couldn't bare to see the man she loved with another person. As for her and Harry, things were getting a little boring but they stuck it out and tried their best to make Cho and Cedric jealous. Nothing they did seemed to work. The two lovebirds were wrapped up in each other's arms to even pay the slightest bit of attention to Harry and Lilah. On a Friday Lilah met up with Harry in the courtyard.

"Harry, this isn't working out anymore." she said. "I've done everything we can think of and nothing. They don't even seem to care about us 'dating' anymore. I think we should stop our plan."

Harry quickly dropped his eyes to the ground. "Oh. I suppose it's not working out so we should stop this charade."

"Exactly." smiled Lilah. "We'll still be friends. You're a great guy Harry. God, I feel like I'm really breaking up with you."

Harry softly chuckled. "It does feel that way. And yes, we'll still be friends after this. We'll hang out and talk."

"Right. Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow night we'll find out who the champions for the Triwizard Tournament are. I'll sit by you tomorrow night!"

"Okay, I'll see you then."

Lilah smiled then turned on her heel leaving Harry alone in the courtyard. He sighed loudly. He had planned on asking Lilah to be his real girlfriend tonight. Over the past five days he's grown rather fond of her. She makes him have butterflies in his stomach and makes his heart pitter patter in his chest. He knew he had to let her go though. Harry really knew that he loved Lilah when all he wanted was for her to be happy, even though he wasn't a part of her happiness. He still cared strongly for Cho though. He would always love Cho and Lilah.

"Stupid girls." Harry muttered as he walked back to the Gryffindor common room.

Lilah stepped into the common room to find it completely empty. All she wanted to do was lay on the couch next to the fireplace. As she watched the flames flicker someone carefully walked down the stairs. Cedric smiled when he saw Lilah laying on the couch watching the fire. The flames flickered on her skin making it glow. Cedric felt something come over him as he watched his best friend. It was like a switch turned on making him realize that Lilah was more than a friend, she was the love of his life. The only reason why he dated Cho was to make Lilah jealous. He thought that she'd finally tell him how she felt but no, she didn't say a damn thing. Now, she was dating Potter the boy who lived? How could he compete with that? Maybe Harry was the right bloke for Lilah. All he ever wanted was for her to be happy.

He softly sighed then turned around and headed back up the stairs. A part of him though told him to turn around. He missed talking to his best friend. He quickly turned back around and headed down the stairs this time being a little louder. Lilah turned around to see Cedric standing there wearing his pajamas. She stood there frozen for the longest time not knowing what to say or do. She was still upset with him. He used to tell her everything, so why didn't he tell her that he liked Cho and was dating her? She just didn't understand him anymore.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he asked. "I can't sleep."

"No, not at all." she replied.

Cedric made his way over to the couch. Lilah sat up so that way he'd have room to sit. She crossed her arms over her chest not really knowing what to say.

"Are you and Potter still dating?" asked Cedric.

"No, we decided to break up. We're better off as friends."

Cedric nodded. "You two didn't um....take your relationship further did you?"

Lilah shook her head. She was saving herself for one special person.

"No, we didn't have sex."

"Good." he blurted out.

Lilah raised up her eyebrows. "Why good? Did you and Cho have sex?"

"I said good because you always said you wanted to save yourself for someone that you love. As for me and Cho, no we haven't had sex."

"Are you planning on it?"

Cedric chuckled. "No, we're not planning on having sex. We haven't even snogged yet. I'm sure she wants too but I'm just not ready."

Lilah nodded. "I'm still upset with you."

"I understand that. And I'm still upset with you. Harry Potter? I mean come on! He's only fourteen. You need to stick to a man your own age."

Lilah sighed as she looked into the fire. "All I want is to be happy." she responded. "Do you want to know why I haven't really talked to you much this past week."

"I would like to know. Yes."

"It's not that I don't want to talk to you. Believe me, I do. It's just that everything I want to say I can't tell you anymore."

Cedric put his arm around Lilah's shoulder. He pulled her body closer to his. She could smell the scent from his cologne and shampoo as she laid her head on his chest. His heart loudly beat in his chest.

"You know that you can tell me anything Lilah."

"And so can you Cedric." Lilah sat up to stare into his beautiful eyes. "All I ask is for one night together. You and me all alone. And if you can honestly say you don't feel anything for me after that night I will finally let you go."

Cedric nervously ran his hand through his perfect hair. "What are you trying to say?"

Lilah bit down on her lip. Could she do this? Could she finally tell Cedric that she loves him? She didn't know for sure if she really did love him or if she was addicted to the pain of wanting something she can never have. She thought about all the memories they shared together, the laughter, the tears, the jokes, and just sharing each other's company. She knew she loved Cedric more than anything. She was just scared that if she told him how she felt she'd lose him.

"What I'm trying to say is that you're my best friend. You've always been there for me. Hell, we've known each other since we were babies. I've been too afraid to tell you this in fear that it would ruin our friendship. I love you Cedric. I've always loved you. You make me the happiest girl in the world. I can't picture myself without you."

Cedric reached up to cup his hand around Lilah's face. .

"You know how you said all you want is for one night together. Just us alone. And if I could honestly say I don't feel anything for you after that night you'd finally let me go?" he asked.

"Yes, I remember."

Cedric shook his head. "You don't have to worry about letting me go Lilah. You mean everything in the world to me. I love you. I love every little thing about you - your sexy smile, the sound of your voice, the magic in your eyes. I love your gentle touch and the warmth I feel at your side... I love dreaming about you. I love discovering you and letting go with you. I love each and every once in a lifetime moments I share with you... today, tomorrow, forever."

Lilah felt joyful tears run down her face. Never in a million years would she have thought she'd be sitting here with Cedric telling him how much she cared about him and how much he cared about her. The only thing that really bugged her was the fact that he was still dating cho Chang.

"It feels great to hear you say that Cedric. But, what about Cho? Are you going to break up with her?"

"If I break up with her will you promise to finally be my girlfriend?"

Lilah nodded. "Yes, I finally promise to be your girlfriend!"

"Okay, I'll do it first thing in the morning." Cedric put his hands behind his head and relaxed on the couch.

Lilah grabbed his arm roughly pulling him off the couch. Cedric laughed as he stared down at her.

"You're going to break up with her right now." said Lilah.

"I guess since I'm a prefect I can wonder around the halls past curfew."

Lilah smiled. "You bet your sweet arse you can. Now go to the Ravenclaw common room."

Cedric loved it when Lilah got angry with him. She looked so cute standing there acting all mad and everything when really she couldn't stay mad at him. She had always been that way. When they were about six Cedric pushed Lilah down. She called him a butthead and ran off crying. Cedric stopped her but she kicked him in the shin. She ran all the way back home and wouldn't come out until Cedric crawled through her window. Lilah tried so very hard to ignore him but he walked over and began tickling her. After that she couldn't stay mad at him.

"What are you smiling about?" asked Lilah.

"Just rememebering when we were six and I pushed you down. You got so mad at me but after I tickled you you forgave me."

Lilah smiled. "Because, I can't ever stay mad at you. Now go Cedric Amos Diggory."

"I'm going."

Lilah watched as Cedric left the common room. She didn't know if she wanted to wait up for him or not. She was rather tired. She quickly went upstairs to change into her pajamas. She woke Becca and Rachel up to tell them all that happened. Both of them were so happy to finally hear that Lilah and Cedric would be dating. She grabbed her blanket then made her way back down the stairs. She waited up for Cedric but ended up falling fast asleep on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image