Forbidden Sins

Duncan

Burying bodies was such a tedious task. First he had to find a good place, where the churned up ground wouldn't raise suspicion, then he had to dig a hole to put the body in, it was all just terribly time consuming. He knew exactly where he was going to bury the lifeless body-- there was a section of woods near his house, and he was sure it wouldn't arouse too many questions if he buried it far back enough. The actual digging of the hole didn't take him long, especially since he wasn't going for anything neat. He measured it out to see if it was deep enough to hide the putrid stench of rotting flesh, and then simply tossed the body back inside and filled it in, patting the ground down with the shovel

Hefting the shovel to his shoulder, he surveyed his handiwork for a moment. A little sloppy, but he wasn't going to neaten it up. Nobody would see it, anyways. He headed for home in the moonlight, stowing the shovel in the shed. He felt no remorse. It was what needed to be done-- the other vampire had attacked something that was his, on his own property no less. He should have known that Duncan would punish him. Audra had simply swayed the odds in his favor just enough to end it quickly rather than drag it out.

He shoved open the front door and kicked off his shoes, tugging his soiled shirt over his head. He was tired; grave-digging was hard, monotonous work and he really just wanted to get up to bed, but first he wanted to talk to Fin.

He wandered past his own room to the one he had given to her and pushed the door open. The young girl was seated on the bed, and she looked up at him as soon as she heard the door squeak. "You're going to follow the rules now. I don't want you going anywhere without me. If I hadn't heard you and gotten out there fast enough, you would have been dead, and that's not okay with me." His voice was even, although firm. There was no wiggle room, or room for excuses.

Her hair bounced as she nodded in agreement. "I told you-- I didn't run away to escape. I wanted to see if you cared enough to come and get me."

Her voice was quiet, and he wasn't really sure what to say to her. He did care for her, to be certain. He considered her, as a human, to be beneath him, but that wasn't to say that he didn't feel affection for her. He had meant it when he said he would never hit her, and he would never let anybody hurt her. She was his, and the only way anybody else would touch her would be over his dead body.

He sighed a little and straightened. "I do care. I meant what I said, just like I mean it when I say you're not to go anywhere. I know you're capable of obedience. Behave yourself." he paused to rub a hand over his face. "Go to sleep, Infinity. Come in and wake me when you get up. I need to sleep, the rest of this conversation will have to wait for morning."

She nodded a little and climbed into bed, watching him a little bit. "Goodnight, Infinity. I'll see you in the morning." he whispered, and turned the lights out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalala (: new chappy!

comment/subscribe lovers <33