Forbidden Sins

Lauren

It was a long night. He had a feeling it was going to continue being a long night even as he and Audra began the walk home. And the place was becoming more of a home in an odd way. He wouldn't admit that fact out loud, but it was true. He still missed his apartment though. He didn't miss his job. He liked being able to just stay at the house and fix things. It gave him an actual purpose unlike being a bouncer where he just stood around and tried to look tough. God he hated that job. He would be happy if he never went back. It wasn't where his heart belonged after all. He just needed to find where his heart did belong. That was the hard part it seemed.

They were quiet as they walked. Neither of them seemed to want to say anything. Lauren had to admit that quiet honestly, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to say in this situation. She had just killed someone, one of her own kind. That meant something. He knew that she widely protested the slave movement, but it was something to protest it and something else to do what she had done. He had to admire her for it. He was also a little jealous. He wished he could have been the one to kill the bastard for attacking his sister. It wasn't right. He was going to have to fix something when they got back to the house. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep until he did.

Audra closed and locked the door behind them. He watched as she began to head back to her room. "Hey Audra...." she looked back at him and he shook his head. "Never mind...good night." He knew that she wasn't happy with that answer, but it was the only one he could bring himself to give. He sighed and shook his head. Smooth move Lauren, smooth...

He went into the kitchen and began working on the sink. It was something to pass the time even if the sink really didn't need fixing. It was better than tossing and turning trying to sleep. It didn't take him long to check everything over though. And it was that little amount of time that allowed him to calm and to breathe again. He took a deep breath and ran his hand through is hair. He could deal with everything in the morning. Maybe Audra would talk to him then. He doubted it, but a guy could hope. He went out to his couch and flopped on it, not bothering to get undressed, but pulling a blanket over him.

Everything would look brighter in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this would have been up last night, but the Internet went out *glares at it*

Comments? Subscriptions? BOTH?!