Forbidden Sins

Audra

Without a shadow of a doubt, the slave market was the absolute last place that the young vampire wanted to be. It was disgusting, embarassing and sad. A rather sulky, childish expression was plastered across her face, lower lip pushed out as far as it could possibly go. "I hate it when you bring me here." She said, looking to the man at her side.

Duncan shot her a sidelong glance, hands shoved deep into his pockets. "Audra, you may be my fledgling, but it's not as if you have to do everything I do. You haven't been under my instruction for years, you are perfectly able to say no at your leisure. I didn't force you to do anything." Unlike his young companion, Duncan was here for a reason. He had owned slaves before, and despite Audra's protests, would own them again. He was looking for one now, if only she would keep her mouth shut.

Audra scowled at him, crossing her arms over her tiny torso. Seeing it made her sick, and although Duncan had always possessed what she called 'unnatural patience', many others didn't. Some of the slaves were sickly or heavily bruised. She couldn't bring herself to look at them. She followed Duncan past all the pre-owned slaves into the section with the fresh ones, clearly kidnapped within the past couple of days. Duncan enjoyed a challenge. He didn't want some poor girl who was going to cower at the sight of him.

Audra followed obediently, thoroughly uninterested. Or at least, she was trying to be uninterested, zoning into her own world. The loud crack of somebody getting slapped across the face made her jump, bringing her attention as well as Duncan's to the young redheaded girl that had just been dealt the stinging smack. She thought she saw Duncan's expression darken as he stepped forward, but when he spoke his voice was as calm as ever. "Clearly, you are not equipped to handle a young woman as spirited as she. Shall we discuss prices?"

Audra wandered away from him. She didn't want to watch him buy the young girl, she would wait to talk to him until all the purchases were made. It made her horribly uncomfortable to watch him buy the girl like she was a cow.

Dawdling along, she entertained herself by looking at the male slaves. They were attractive, tall and strong-looking. Shackled, some of them bruised. She could always tell which ones had put up a fight. None of them held her interest for very long-- until she saw him.

His dark hair, the tattoos down his arms, he looked somewhat out of place among the other males. His eyes fell on her and she felt her insides tighten and quiver. It was a feeling she didn't remember experiencing before, and it confused her. He was beautiful. The idea that somebody else might purchase him, break him down and abuse him until he did nothing out of line for fear of being beaten; it broke her heart. She couldn't stand to see it happen to him. She looked over at the slave dealer. "How much do you want from him?"

He eyed her, clearly amused. She had always been active in voicing how anti-slavery she was. And yet, here she was, purchasing a slave. He glanced at the male she motioned to. "Eh. Gimmie $250 and he's all yers."

There was no going back now. Audra couldn't walk away from him, although she wasn't quite sure why. He made her curious, and she wanted him more than she had ever wanted anything. Fishing the bills out of her purse, she paid the man and he hauled her new slave to his feet roughly. Audra growled at him. "If you've so much as bruised him, you're going to be awfully sorry." She shot him a scowl and touched her hand to the slave's arm. "My name is Audra."

She could hear the slave dealer snort behind her as she offered her hand to the taller male she had just bought. It felt weird to own somebody, especially when she was so against it. She would bring him home. Maybe things would make more sense then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalala, Audra doesn't know what she's doing ;D
Comment/subscribe? It'll get awesome, I promise.