Forbidden Sins

Audra

When she found him, he was kneeling on the floor of the bathroom, a ring in his hand. It caught her off guard for a moment before he assured her that it wasn't what it looked like. The piping that was undone and laying on the ground amongst all her hairspray, make up, hair straighteners and other kitchen-gunk seemed consistent with it, so she pushed it from her head right away. She was too upset to worry about things like this now. Normally she would be teasing or asking him what he was doing, but now she was too consumed. It had shaken her, really.

'Death' wasn't something she thought about anymore. She was immortal, she didn't worry about things like that. The only way she would die would be if somebody went out of their way to kill her. She had never considered it. She didn't upset people or make them mad, she didn't annoy anybody so bad that they would want to kill her. This was serious, though. There was a good chance that if she or Duncan were caught, that would be it. An abrupt end to a life that was supposed to be eternal. She didn't know what to do.

It was almost like time was suspended. He asked her why she was upset, and as soon as the words were out of his mouth the tears welled up in her eyes and spilled over, streaking down her cheeks to drip off her chin. She had never been so scared in her life, in all the less than happy things that had happened to her. Nothing had been as bad as it was right now. She felt helpless.

She wrapped her arms around him, buried her face in his shoulder and started to sob for real. Her whole body moved with heavy waves of tears and she felt his arms close around her, pulling her into his chest. It was comforting to have him close to her, rubbing a hand back over her back. When he spoke, his chest rumbled and his voice was warm in her ear. "Audra, what's the matter?"

She pulled back a little bit to look at his face and try to blink the tears out of her eyes. She loved him. It had been a realization that had been tough to come around to, but now that she was here looking athim, she knew that it was absolutely true. She did love him, fully. Even though he was frustrating sometimes and she didn't really understand him, she loved him more than she had ever loved anyone. He was worth it. Worth running away, leaving everything she knew.

Rubbing at her face with the back of her hand, she tried to contain herself. "We need to get a hold of Duncan and Fin now. There was...this man. I think he must know Duncan, and he was saying he knew things about us, things that could get both me and Duncan in a lot of trouble--killed. I think we're going to have to leave. We might have to pack up and go right now, today." She didn't know what else to tell him and a fresh wave of tears rolled down her face. "I need to call Duncan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/sub?!