Forbidden Sins

Audra

The petite vampire had anticipated the news of Infinity's pregnancy. She too had heard what sounded like a tiny life in the woman's uterus, but she had kept said thoughts to herself. It wasn't any of her business what Duncan and Fin did in the privacy of the bedroom. If he wanted to have sex with the redhead, that was his perogative and she wouldn't stop him from doing it. She had been hoping that Lauren hadn't overhead the conversation, but the next words from his mouth told her that he had. "Shhh!" She hissed, slapping at him a little. "Stop that, just get in the car. Now is really not the time, okay?"

She couldn't blame him for being upset. If it was her baby sister, she would have been too, but she couldn't referee an argument between Lauren and Duncan. That was stupid, and there was no way she was getting dragged into this mess. Duncan seemed so cool and collected as he settled Infinity into the car and turned to look Lauren straight in the eye. "I will attend to what needs to be done. Besides, if Audra had been educating you correctly, you would know that bullets wouldn't hurt me. You'd need a stake, most likely, although a sword would probably work just as well. There are only three ways to kill a vampire-- a wooden steak, holy water, or beheading."

A blush rose in her cheeks the same moment a nervous tingle ran through her. She didn't want to think about stakes, beheading and holy water. It all seemed too real right now and she couldn't handle it. Instead she pushed on Lauren's backside until he got intp the car enough so that she could scramble in beside him, buckling up more out of habit than actual necessity. She laid her head down on her slave's shoulder for a moment, needing the comfort of his contact. Her eyes moved up to watch him, probe for any sign that he was truly afraid. He was good at concealing his emotions.

"You should get some sleep, love. You look tired, and I know you don't sleep much at night. Odds are we'll be tenting it tonight, " She glanced up at Duncan who nodded at her assuredly.

He turned down a long dirt road and the truck trundled along with a hum. Normally she would have been pleased for a road trip, but right now it was just scary. She wanted to be at home, watching a stupid movie or tucked in bed with Lauren. That was all she wanted. It looked like she was going to have to settle for a tent and an air-mattress.

Duncan pointed out a piddly little clearing. "Home sweet home for now," He nodded, and tugged the truck in.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/sub?!