Forbidden Sins

Audra

Audra noticed the moment her heat moved away from her, no longer crushing her in safely to his chest. She was about to ask what he was doing, but then she heard the gentle sound of the zipper, and she could tell he was trying not to wake her. Probably going to take a whiz or something. She kept her eyes shut, instead listening to the sound of his footsteps. She'd just wait, soon he'd be crawling back in with her.

Time ticked by, and still she hadn't heard anything since his footsteps had carried away from her. Sitting up, she listened hard. She couldn't hear him walking anymore, or the sound of ...well. Anything. Then it came, footsteps from far away, but they didn't sound like Lauren's. They were quick, supernaturally quick. She scrambled to the edge of the mattress, yanking on her boots. It wasn't Duncan, she could tell. He sounded different, whoever it was.

She pushed through the hole in the tent just in time to hear a crack.

She bolted off across the campsite towards where she heard the sound, panicked. "Lauren?!" Her voice rang out into the night time silence, and there was no answer. It was terrifying.

Audra could smell the thick scent of blood, and a lot of it, mingled with something dirty. The other vampire was poised over Lauren's form, his fangs bared. She didn't stop. Pushing off from the ground, she flew through the air and hit the male vampire hard in the midsection, sending them both tumbling over in the undergrowth. When they landed she was on top of him, her fingers curled around his throat.

"Does this look like a fucking hunting ground to you?!" Her voice was shrill and she pressed down on him harder when he gripped her forearm. "Don't fucking touch me." She hissed. He was young, she could still smell the dirt of the grave on him. His sire should be poking around somewhere, but she couldn't smell another vampire near. Perhaps his sire had abandoned him. "Find your feed somewhere else, and if you ever come near here again, you'll be sorry."

The younger vampire looked afraid, and that was why she didn't deal with him more harshly. She had barely rolled off of him when he took off like a streak, so fast she could barely see the blur of his movements. Perhaps she should be thanking god that he was new. Otherwise Lauren would have already been dead.

His blood filled the air with a thick, sweet smell. It was hard for her to resist the urge to feed, especially when he was so close. She scrambled to him through the brush, falling to her knees at his side while tears streaked down her cheeks. "Lauren. Lauren, look at me." She brushed his hair back from his face, lower lip trembling. He had been hit hard. She was frightened. Her heart physically hurt at the thought that maybe he was really hurt, maybe he wouldn't pull through. She would make him pull through, even if she needed to do it with her fangs.

Her breath hitched and caught as the sobs began, her fingers tracing through his bloody hair. "Open your eyes, please, please just look at me. Listen to my voice, open your eyes."

She had never been so afraid in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohnoes, poor lauren