Forbidden Sins

Lauren

He was worried sick about Fin. His stomach had sank the moment they had gotten back to the camp. He had known that Fin was gone. It had killed him to know that and how could he not help but blame Duncan? Duncan had left her alone to be taken in the first place. It was only Audra's intervention that had saved them from each other. It didn't help him any. He still felt sick to his stomach as he thought of what they might be doing to Infinity. The thought made him sick.

"She'll be alright," Audra had tried to assure him. It wasn't enough though. Until he was holding her and knew she was safe, he knew he wouldn't be able to rest until that moment. Lauren took a deep shuddering breath. He didn't need the air, but it was something that steadied him. And he needed to be as steady as he could get right now. Infinity was at stake and that was more important than anything (well except maybe Audra but he really didn't want to have to choose between his sister and the woman he was falling in love with).

He wanted to run right into the compound they found. It was both of them who stopped him though and when he looked at the building again, something was wrong. He could smell his sister, but there had to be more to it. He shot a look at Duncan who seemed intent on the building. Lauren worked his jaw, his body stiff and anxious to run down there and find his sister. "Someone's coming," Audra's voice was quick and low so that it wouldn't carry beyond the three of them.

A man came out on the roof, not where Lauren had expected. His hands were clasped behind his back as he shuffled to the edge, his eyes furtively darting around the space to try and find anyone in sight. "D-Duncan Knapp, my sire sends you greetings and requests that you and your company come out into the open for peace talks." As soon as he had delivered his message, the nervous vampire scrambled back into the house.

"It's a trap," Duncan said. His eyes hadn't left the house.

"No shit Sherlock," Lauren growled shaking his head. "But what choice do we have? That's Fin. My sister, the woman pregnant with your child. If we don't go...they might kill her."

Duncan looked at Lauren and the younger vampire tried to find some emotions dwelling there. "We have to consider the fact that...that Infinity might already be dead." Lauren clenched his fist and jaw. If he said or did anything now, it would likely be to hurt or kill Duncan Knapp. Since he still needed the bastard to get his sister back, he was going to have to wait on that.

"We don't have a choice," Audra said taking control and grabbing the wrists of the two male vampires. "We have to go down there and see what they want." Lauren knew that she was right. He went along willingly, standing close behind Audra acting almost like her shadow. They stopped at the border between the trees and the house and waited.

Time seemed to stretch into eternity as the trio waited for something, anything to happen. Finally, the front door opened to reveal a tall man with short well-kept hair and dark eyes. "Well, well if isn't Duncan Knapp. I didn't think I would get to see you again this soon. After all the close tabs you keep on Audra. And speak of the little she-devil, I see you've finally found yourself a pet. I wondered how long it would take."

"Where is she Magnus?" Duncan asked, his voice as calm as ever. If Lauren hadn't already been pissed that might have done it.

Instead he flicked his eyes to Audra getting her shocked attention. "You know this fucker?" he muttered.

Magnus laughed. "So rude to whisper. This fucker happens to be far older than you little boy," Magnus turned back to the house. "Bring her out Thaddeus." A tall bald man came to the door dragging Infinity. She was wide eyed and terrified, a gag over her mouth and her hands behind her back. She squealed behind the gag and tried to run, but the man, Thaddeus, caught her arm and shoved her over to Magnus who caught her. "I think we need to talk. Don't you agree Duncan?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, along with a longer chapter, I present you a new skin and banner! Hope you like it!