Forbidden Sins

Infinity

She wondered what it would feel like to waddle.

Fin pondered the question as she sat in the passenger seat staring out the window. Actually, the better question was if she would ever get a chance to know. She wondered if Duncan would let her walk around when she could waddle. She wanted to try it at least once. Maybe she would be able to convince him at some point to let her do it.

"There's someone in the middle of the road," Lauren said causing her to look up. Fin squinted her eyes and pouted.

"I don't see anyone," she said looking back at her brother.

Lauren sighed and rolled his eyes. "Trust me Fin, there's someone there. And why are you speeding up Duncan?"

Duncan didn't answer, but Fin looked over and saw the needle quickly moving upward. It didn't scare her though. Actually, it was rather exciting. Until she looked forward and saw that there was really someone in the middle of the road. She slid down in her seat, her face pale at that realization.

"Duncan slow down!" Lauren yelled jumping forward and moved to grab the wheel only to have an elbow slam into his face. Fin pressed herself back against the door confused. She couldn't distinguish who it was that they were racing towards, but she could tell that Duncan was mad and she didn't know why.

"Was that necessary Duncan!" Audra yelled clearly upset with how Duncan was handling things.

Fin looked between her brother's bleeding nose and the father of her child. "Duncan..." her voice was so small that it seemed to soften his features.

"Just trust me," was all he said as the vehicle hurtled towards the figure. Fin stiffened her body. She didn't know if they were going to die or not. She hoped not. She didn't want her baby to die. She buried her head in her knees. She wanted to trust Duncan, she wanted him to be right. And so she crossed her fingers and hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I fail cuz it took me forever to get this up BUT it's up! XD