Status: Active

I've Been Walking These Streets For Days

These Memories Will Never Cease To Bury Themselves Within My Heart,

I didn't know why I wanted to meet with them. I guess I just felt like I owed it to them or something. If they're being honest about everything then I suppose I do own them this. I sigh to myself. At least I'll have Gavin with me.

"R-Ready to go?" Gavin asks.

I nod. "Yeah."

Gavin grabbed his mom's car keys- his mom let us take the car today- and walked out the door. Gavin turns on some music to fill the silence as we drive to the coffee shop we're supposed to meet my mom and dad at. When we get there, we both stare at the shop for a few minutes before actually getting out and going in.

When the door bells chime, two familiar faces look up and wave us over. I glance at Gavin for second before pulling him with to their table.

"Hi," Mom says with a smile.

"Hi." I sit down in one of the chairs and pull Gavin down into the other. His hand slides down my wrist and he entwines our fingers. His grip is so tight, I feel as if he's holding on for dear life. I give him a reassuring squeeze and look at my parents.

Mom smiles lightly at Gavin and says, "Hello. What's your name?"

"U-Uh, G-Gavin," he stutters out.

"Oh, that's a cute name," Mom says. Gavin just nods at her.

"So...," I say. "Did you need me for something?"

"Well, no, we just wanted to see how you were doing and how you've been living this past year," Dad says.

"I'm fine. I've been fine," I snap. Gavin squeezes my hand. I sigh.

"I've been fine," I says more calmly.

"So, are you two dating?" Mom asks.

"What? No," I say quickly. I glance at Gavin and see him blushing and staring at the table with wide eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry," Mom apologizes. "You guys would make a cute couple though."

"'Cute couple'? What happened to calling me a faggot?" I ask as calmly as I can.

Mom looks down. "I suppose you could say I've come to terms with you being gay. I'm fine with it now."

I roll my eyes and nod.

"What about you?" I ask Dad.

Dad sighs. "I don't like it too much, but I'm not going to try to change you."

"Uh huh. Hey Mom?" I look back towards Mom.

"Yes, sweetie?" She beams at me.

"Were you telling the truth about you not being my biological mother?" I ask her.

She immediately frowns. Dad puts his head in his hands before running them through his hair.

"Uhm, unfortunately no. I wasn't lying about that. About a year or so into our marriage, your father had an affair with his old secretary. She got pregnant and had you. But she didn't want you so she handed him over to your father." She sighs. "I was willing to forgive since it was still so early in our marriage."

"Oh..." I frown. "So, do you want me to call you Cindy now?"

"What? No! Of course not! I mean she may be your birth mother, but I'm still your mother as well. I was the one who took care of you."

"Okay...Mom." She smiles and me and pats my hand that's still on the table.

"Cadence," Mom says. I nod at her to continue. She glances at Dad before saying, "We want you to move back in with us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehhh. :/

Join my contest! :D

Title Credit: Imperfect - Nickasaur!