Status: Active

I've Been Walking These Streets For Days

Leaving

I hug Gavin tighter to me as my parent's wait for me in the driveway.

"I'm gonna miss you," Gavin mumbles into my shirt.

I kiss his head and say, "I know, Gavin. I'm going to miss you too."

"Will you have a phone now that you're with your parents...?"

"Uhm, yeah probably, why?"

"I'll give you my phone number! That way you can call me everyday!" He looks up at me with bright eyes and smiles so widely. "I mean... if you want to call me."

I laugh and kiss his forehead. "Of course I'll want to call you. I could talk to you all day and you know it."

Gavin bites his bottom lip and giggles. He runs into another room and soon comes back with a jumbo Sharpie marker in his hand. He grabs my arm and writes down a few digits.

"You'll call me when you get there, right?" he asks timidly.

"Of course," I say.

He smiles up at me and I can't help but lean down and capture those precious pink lips with mine.

The kiss is sweet and simple. It lasts for few moments before we pull away.

I kiss his head again before saying, "I'll call you."

He nods and hugs me tight before releasing me. I say goodbye to him and thank you to his family before I go out to my parent's car.

I sigh dejectedly once I sit down.

"It's okay, Honey," my mom says. "You can see him over the weekend, you know."

Fuck. Of course I can.

Why didn't I think of that sooner?!

I've got to call Gavin when I get home!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. -_-