Status: starting..

Kiss me in the Darkest of Nights

The old Weston Graveyard

Image
“NO” I yelled and flopped around, I opened my eyes, when I realized I was on my own bed. The last thing I recall was being wrapped in his warm strong arms. I looked around and saw my brother kneeled by my bed with a really frightened face. I couldn’t believe it. I had passed away in his arms; I’m an idiot, and no one can deny that. After mentally hitting myself over and over again, I smiled on the inside as I remembered his face half covered by his shaggy hair and that smile of his that made my heart beat rise.

“Sister..?” My brother asked with concern in his voice when he saw my eyes wide opened. I slowly sat on the very edge of my bed and he sighted with relief as I met his gaze. His big black eyes full of questions, slightly covered by his black hair falling over his face; his thin lips formed a small smile that only showed contentment and revealing a dimple on his left cheek.

“John, I…” looking down and fidgeting with my hands, I tried to find the right words to at least try to explain what happened, without making him worry too much.

“It’s ok” he said in a soothing voice as he sat next to me and smiled, that smile I love so much because it always makes me calm down. “I don’t know what’s up. All I know is that you wound up here!”

“And that guy,” he wrinkled his perfectly pointy nose as he continued to explain: “that punkish guy with a mole on his face… was it his fault that you fainted?”
“Huh?”

“Yeah, He just left without telling me his name.” so, he brought me all the way home? A huge bright smile appeared on my full lips that could have lightened up even the darkest room; as I tried to hide it, I felt as my cheeks slowly became a scarlet red.

“Alice, why are you blushing?” he asked narrowing his eyes in suspicion and his arched eyebrows frowning, knowing there was something I was not telling him. and he was right, there was something I was not telling him, a LOT of thing I wasn’t telling him actually; but I just couldn’t bring myself to just say the truth because I knew he would freak out and possibly do something crazy. All though he was my little brother, but he was always trying too hard to protect me. It’s not that I don’t appreciate it, because I do, it’s just that I’m too afraid of what might happen to him while he is protecting me.

“N-Nothing, Everything is all right.” I said shaking my head and trying to hide my face. “I’m sorry for making you worry.” He stared at me for a while, knowing I was lying but probably pondering if either he should ask or just trust me. As soon as he stood up and was about to leave, my phone rang.

“Aren’t you gonna pick it up?” I slightly shook my head, staring blankly into space. I knew who it was, it was HIM again. Just the thought of his voice, made me shiver in fear and my heart beat faster. “You mean it isn’t nick?” he continued. I knew he was probably right, like he always is, but I was too afraid and I couldn’t even bring myself to look at the ID.

“It’s ok…” I said not even looking up at him and trying hard to sound calm. I had to pretend like nothing was wrong; all tough, it was harder with him around, since he always knew whenever I was lying.

“Then I’ll turn it off, okay?” he said before leaving the room. I curled up in my cozy tiny bed, and my eyes slowly begun to slow. Not until now had I realized how tired I truly was, this has definitely been a long day. As my eyes fully close, that frightening face of his came back overcame every one of my thoughts. Immediately I opened my eyes, realizing this would be a long dreamless night.

“You bitch where did you sneak off to yesterday?” she yelled- whispered to me with her right thing eyebrow raised. Her long wavy honey-wheat hair, moved along with the light November breeze coming from the window.

“Nick!” I looked at her with those eyes that made you sit still with your mouth shut, but to her, it probably meant the opposite since she kept on going.

“Guys are always trying to pick up pretty girls, you know?” she was looking right through me with her ivy green eyes, and I knew I would have to tell her eventually, but this was neither the time not place.

“Nick, the teacher is looking at us.” I said with clenched teeth. I was in history class right now, and I was trying hard to keep myself awake. All I could think of was about that guy. I had this really awful feeling when I saw him, but I haven’t quite figure it out just yet.

“Alice…” the teacher said.

“Hey are you even listening?” nick asked as she moved her desk closer to mine.

“Yes” I said standing up, ignoring what nick was saying beside me. “Read page 192” he said not taking his eyes off the book.

“Y-yes sir.” Looking for the page I could hear nick whisper me not to ignore her, but that was exactly what I was planning on doing.“Let’s see” as I was going through the pages, I found a black little piece of paper that read:

“Tonight- 7 pm. Come to the old Weston graveyard, alone. –Nathan”