Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Meeting with Claire

We hung out with the guys a little more after the phone call from Claire. They were actually better than I expected them to be. I’m not saying that I was judging them but I just expected something different. I didn’t expect them to be the way that they were.

I expected Nick to be slightly quieter and more mature than the rest of us. In actuality, he was a just step up from Joe….okay more than a step but he’s still on the same stair case.

I expected Joe to be completely out there. I expected that I would have to hose him down, but this wasn’t the case. Sure Joe was still pretty out there but he wasn’t as bad as I thought he was going to be.

The guys wanted to make plans to hang out tomorrow but I told them that I couldn’t go. I had to go to the studio tomorrow, and who knows what else Claire has planned for me. I was lucky that all I had to do this week was basically tutoring, but now, I knew that my schedule would be hectic.

So I had to tell them no, but Brandy and Kendra didn’t. They didn’t have anything planned for tomorrow. This is practically a vacation for them, I don’t want them to sit around and do nothing. I already feel bad because they were sucked into my drama; if they don’t have fun then I don’t know what I would do.

It wasn’t easy convincing them to go either. They said that it would be wrong for them to hang out with them without me. They said that I’m the one who might be related to them, so I should be the one hanging out with them. I was actually shocked when Brandy said that she didn’t want to go. Being the crazy fan that she is, I expected her to practically jump up and down at the thought of hanging out with them again.

It took a lot of arguing and debating before they finally agreed to go. They caved but they said that they would be thinking about it the entire time, unless they were having too much fun.

“Knock Knock” I spoke as I cracked the door to Claire’s office slightly. She looked up at me from her laptop and smiled. She motioned for me to come-in, with her hand, as she continued her conversation on her Bluetooth.

I carefully walked in and closed the door behind me. I had been in Claire’s office many times before. It looked like your average office, a desk, a laptop, a giant window with a view of the city, some plants, a file cabinet, and her degrees on the wall. It was a somewhat average to me. The only thing that was extremely interesting in her office was her large black binder.

Why they binder, well inside the binder is a list of all important contacts. They weren’t just the average contacts that you keep in the file cabinet. Inside her binder were the number’s to celebrities personal assistants. Sometimes it was just the celebrities’ number. But of course, Claire wouldn’t let me see it. She said that sometimes I had a tendency to act like a fan girl.That was only one time when I thought she was talking to Taylor Lautner.

I sat down in the black chair in front of her desk and waited for her to finish her conversation. I continued to look around her office as she talked.

“Uh huh…..okay I’ll call you later with the details” she finished. She hung up the phone and rolled her eyes. I heard her mutter something about divas under her breath. She took her Bluetooth out of her ear before looking at me.

“Good to see you doll” she began. “I actually called you here to talk about more than your schedule”

“Um….okay” I hesitated. I didn’t know exactly what say, or what she wanted to talk about. It must have been something important if she called and lied about what she wanted to talk about.

She sighed and folded her hands together on the desk. “How do you feel about talking about the incident?” she questioned.

I bit my lower lip and began to twiddle my thumbs. I should have known that this was going to be happening sooner or later. I know exactly how many people want to interview me about that story. The combination of my song being number one on the charts, and the incident with my parents are the ingredients for the perfect story. Since I haven’t said anything about the situation, whoever I speak to first will have the first story. They will be the first one to hear something about the story.

“I…..I’m not sure” I answered honestly. There was nothing else for me to say.

“Well, the Jonas’ don’t want to speak on the subject until you do. The whole world wants you to speak on it.” She explained. “Now it’s up to you whether you want to talk about it or not. Either way I’m going to have to talk to these people and give them an answer. All I’m saying is, that yes everyone wants to know how you feel about it, but it’s up to you on whether you want them to know”

I sighed and looked up towards the ceiling. I was looking for a sign. Something that would tell me, show me what I should do. I have no idea, on whether I should talk or not. If I talk, then would I have to tell them everything? From regular things such as being homeschooled, to the dramatic things like my dad.

There was a knock at Claire’s door and she told them to come in. The door opened revealing her assistant/ intern, Sarah. Sarah was in her mid twenties, and was carrying a purple binder in her hands.

“I have popstar magazine on the phone, it’s the Michelle Balaz and she—” she stopped mid-sentence once her eyes landed on me. He mouth was still agape and her eyes were slightly wide.

“You’re her. You’re the girl who’s been in the news everywhere. You’re M.I.A” she explained.

I furrowed my brows together and shook my head slowly. “Um, no…..sorry, I’m Viola….or Gabriella” I explained muttering the last part.

“Yeah I know, but everyone calls you M.I.A, you know because you were missing in action. I can’t believe that it’s actually you. You know you’re way more gorgeous in person” she gushed.

“I’m sorry about everything that’s happening but is it true? Are you really related to them because you do look a little like—”

“Ms. Black” Claire interrupted. Sarah instantly stopped talking and stood up a little straighter.

“I’m with a client right now, so can you please take your slumber party talk elsewhere” Sarah nodded before winking at me and leaving.

I couldn’t help but giggle as I turned back around to face Claire. She had her eyes closed and was taking deep breaths. “That’s why she’s just an intern” she kept saying to herself over and over again.

“Are they all like that?” I questioned.

“What do you mean?”

“The fans…my fans. Do they all really want to know that badly?”

She smiled and shook her head. I somewhat sighed with relief, that is until Claire spoke again. “The ones your age are far worse” My eyes went wide as I stared at her.

“Seriously doll. If a woman in her twenties is gushing over a fifteen year old, then imagine what the girls your age are doing. The practically gush for a living doll” she explained.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. They really did want to know. I couldn’t blame the paparazzi for following me now that I know. The fans are just are hungry for this information as they are. This is something that doesn’t happen very often. What are the odds of me being related to the Jonas brothers? Honestly if I was a fan and this was happening to someone else, I would want to know just as badly as them.

I nodded my head at Claire. “I’ll talk about it”

Claire was actually shocked by my decision. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at me. “Are you sure, because no one’s forcing you to?” she questioned once more.

I nodded my head. There was no harm in telling the public. Besides, it’s not as if they don’t already know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait, I was suffering from a little writers block.

Comments=Next Chapter