Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Recording

I was having a great time with the guys. I was actually glad that they decided to come here after they had finished hanging out. I was having more fun than I had ever had in the studio before. Having everyone hear only made recording even more fun.

We had already recorded the track twice, once with me and the guitar, once with just the guitar and now it was time for me to sing alone. All of the instrumental part was done so I couldn’t stall any longer. I had gotten nick to play drums on the song as well. It was a combination of me stalling, wanting to hear him play, and wanting the drums on my song. He agreed and got it done quickly, much to my dismay.

I’ll admit that I was slightly nervous about singing alone, mainly because I would be singing in front of the guys. I wanted them to like the song and my voice. There’s nothing worse than having your potential family think that you suck at something you love.

“Alright, you ready?” Greg questioned as he held down the button that would allow me to hear him.

I glanced at everyone before answering. Joe and Kevin were giving me thumbs up while everyone else was smiling or nodding. A smile made its way onto my face as I stared at them. It always helps to have family support.

I nodded my head and gave Greg a thumbs up. He nodded before letting go of the button. After a few seconds my intro/mini guitar solo began to play in my ears. I closed my eyes and began to tap my foot to the beat, as I waited for my cue to start.

You’re too loud, I’m so hyper
On paper we’re a disaster
And I’m driving you crazy
It’s my little game

I push you, and you push back
Two opposites so alike that
Everyday’s a roller coaster
I’m a bump you’ll never get over

This love (love)-hate (hate) relationship
You say you can’t handle it
But there’s no way to stop this now
So shut up and kiss me

Kick (kick), scream (scream) call it quits
But your just (just) so (so) full of it
Cuz it’s too late, to close your mouth
Shut up and kiss me

So shut up!
So shut up!


By the end of the chorus, I had already gotten into the song. I had one hand on stomach, and the other hand on my head phone. My eyes were closed as I bobbed my head back and forth. My nerves had melted away and all I could focus on was the song.

I call you and you pick up
I tell you how much I’m in love
I’m laughing and you get mad
It’s my little game

Go ahead now, admit it
You like your world with me in it
Like a record, it’s broken
Yeah, I’m a bump you’ll never get over

This love (love)-hate (hate) relationship
You say you can’t handle it
But there’s no way to stop this now
So shut up and kiss me

Kick (kick), scream (scream) call it quits
But your just (just) so (so) full of it
Cuz it’s too late, to close your mouth
Shut up and kiss me

You miss my lips, my kiss, my laugh
The riffs on my guitar
The way we fight, we make up fast
Oooooh yeah …


I smiled as I listened to my guitar solo. I remembered how shocked Kevin was when he heard me play it. I knew that he was excited they his possible sister shared his interested in guitars.

So shut up!

Love-hate, love-hate, love hate!

Cuz it’s a love (love)-hate (hate) relationship
You say you (you) can (can) handle it
But there’s no way to stop this now
So shut up and kiss me

Kick (kick), scream (scream) call it quits
But your just so freakin’ full of it
Cuz it’s too late, to shut your mouth
Shut up and kiss me


I opened my eyes as the song came to an end. A huge smile was on my face, as adrenaline continued to course through my veins. It was something that always happened once I finished recording.

“Perfect!” I heard Greg speak.

Since he was still holding the button that allowed me to hear I could hear all the background noise. I could hear applause in the background coming from the guys. They continued to smile and cheer and applaud as I laughed and took my headphones off. I guess I was worrying for no reason.

I walked out of the studio only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug by Kevin and Joe. I was in the middle of them so I could barely move from the intense amount of force in their hug.

“Who’s a little rock-star?” I heard Joe ask in a teasing voice.

“Who’s a little rock-star?” Kevin mocked.

“Rock-star…can’t…breathe…here” I muffled, trying to find some air.

The immediately pulled apart, and started to laugh, I soon joined them. Suddenly something clicked in my head. I had never had a moment like this with my “parents”. Don’t get me wrong they supported me and all but they never gave me there full support. They had always told me that music was important but I should focus on something else. Whenever I finished playing a song or singing a song, they never hugged me. They would simply give me a small good job, then move on to the next thing. I wanted to have moments like these all the time.

Suddenly Kevin’s phone began to ring. He answered it and walked over to a corner in the studio for more privacy. I simply shrugged it off and turned around to face everyone else.

Brandy stood there with one of the largest smiles that she has ever smiled. She squealed, and I followed suit. She ran towards me and pulled me into her embrace. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close as well. We started to rock each other back and forth as we hugged one another.

“You were amazing!!” she cheerfully spoke.

“Thanks” I laughed.

“I can’t wait to see you perform at a concert that will probably be better” she then pulled out of a hug and looked at me. “You would let me come see you right?”

I laughed and nodded my head. “Of course! What kind of best friend would I be if I didn’t let you come to my concerts?”

“A horrible one” she smirked. We both laughed knowing that it was true. I wouldn’t even be able to call her my best friend if I didn’t let her come. I wouldn’t be able to tell her no if she asked, unless it wasn’t my concert, but that’s a different situation.

Suddenly Kevin walked over. I couldn’t read the expression on his face but something told me that it had to do with the phone call.

“What is it Kev?” nick questioned.

“That was dad” he spoke. Everyone was looking at Kevin trying to read the expression on his face.

His eyes then darted to me. “He said that they just called with the results of the DNA test”

The room fell silent. Everyone’s eyes were now on me. My eyes were wide as I stared at him with disbelief. My heart pounded in my chest out of nervousness.

My life was about to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this chapter was extremely short but i want the enxt one to be all about the results.

I don't own the song in this chapter. The song was Shut-up and Kiss me by Orthani. You should check it out, it's amazing.

Comments=Next Chapter