Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Truth

Brandy walked over to her purse and began to search through it. “Okay well for starters I know that your contacts are probably dry so I brought this” she pulled out my contact case and solution.

I thanked her and opened the case. After I was done, taking my contacts out, I handed Brandy the case back. She put the case in her purse and turned to look at me. She took a deep breath and then exhaled.

“How can I tell you this?” she questioned, though it sounded as if she was talking to herself.

“You could just tell me what’s going on”

She sighed. “Okay but just listen okay”

“We already covered this,” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Right” she nodded. She took a deep breath then sighed. She began to pace the floor back and fourth. I simply sat there quietly following her with my eyes. What was so complicated about telling me where my parents are?

She finally stopped pacing and looked at me. “Okay so your mom and dad are at home being questioned by the police and--” “WHAT?” I interrupted now sitting upright in my bed.

She has to be joking, there’s no way that this could be happening, and she’s joking. Then again, if she’s joking, it’s not a good joke.

“You said that you were going to let me finish”

“That was before you said that my parents were being questioned”

She sighed and ran a hand through her strawberry blonde locks. “See this is why I didn’t want to tell you” I opened my mouth to object but she spoke up. “You can save being dramatic for the end after you hear everything. Now they are being questioned because--” “Sorry but the guys wanted me to, oh you’re awake” interrupted my friend Kendra.

Kendra was another friend of mine from back home, though her and Brandy were closer because they go to school together. Kendra is mixed with African American (her dad) and Spanish (her mom). Her dark brown hair comes down slightly passed her shoulders. She’s average height and could be a model if she wanted too. She has the voluptuous body that most people don’t think that someone at her age could have. Kendra is actually 17 and older that Brandy and I but she still calls us her little sisters.

Normally I would be extremely ecstatic but my parents were at the risk of going to jail. I couldn’t even focus on the fact that she was here in California. All I could think about was my parents. Wait did she just say guys.

“Yes she is and you just interrupted me trying to explain to her what is going on,” Brandy said in a frustrated tone.

Kendra raised one of her eyebrows at Brandy. “Excuse me?” Did I mention that Kendra can be extremely sassy?

“I’m just saying it’s taking me forever to think of a way to tell her and you ruined my big moment” she sighed and plopped down in the chair that she was sitting in previously.

Kendra smiled and looked at me. “At the risk of sounding in sensitive, I’m going to tell her”

“If you think you can”

Kendra walked over to me and sat down next to me on the bed. “Well the Jonas brothers think that you’re there long lost sister who was kidnapped 15 years ago. They think that it’s you since you know you’re fifteen and you have the same birthday as there sister” I opened my mouth to object but Kendra put up her index finger to silence me. “And only your dad is being questioned. Your mom arrived a little while ago. She didn’t come in though because she didn’t know how you would take the news. Mr. Jonas and Kevin suggested that you take a DNA test to determine of you really are since your mom is silent on the entire subject and your dad deny the entire thing. Your dad didn’t no doesn’t want you to take a DNA test but they decided that it should be up to you. And on a side note Brandy and I are here for you no matter what”

My mouth fell agape. If I am there sister then my entire life has been a lie. The people who I trusted the most, who I loved the most, lied to me my entire life. Literally, everything I know is a lie. How am I supposed to react to finding out that my parents aren’t my real parents. How am I supposed to react to finding out that my real family are people that I barely know.

Then again, it would make since if it were true. My parents would have a good reason to not like them; okay they would have a good reason not to like my parents. Brandy did always say that I looked like them. This would explain the brown eyes and the curly brown hair, before I dyed it and got contacts.

“Oh and the guys are still out there” I remained silent. I didn’t know what to say. My entire life has changed in one day.

“Not to rush you or put any pressure on you but what are you going to do?” Brandy asked.

I sighed and closed my eyes. “I-I…..I don’t know” I said slightly above a whisper.

“Awe sweetie,” Kendra said before pulling my into a hug. I hugged her back but kept my eyes closed. I don’t know how I’m going to handle this. Tears were being to form in my eyes but I refused to cry yet.

I pulled apart and looked at Kendra and Brandy. “Can—can you help me?” I choked out. Kendra and Brandy smiled and nodded there heads. Brandy walked over and sat beside me on the other side of the bed.

“Well I think that you should take the test just so you can know the truth,” Brandy suggested.

“And we could probably figure out the rest as time goes by okay” Kendra finished.

I nodded my head unable to speak. I couldn’t believe that all of this was happening. My life has changed dramatically in a matter of hours. I went from a nobody in Maryland to a singer in California, to the secret Jonas sister.

What’s next for me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for everyone whose reading this. turns out from all the snow i'm going to be home for a while so hopefully i will be able to post more often. Hey if anyone reading this got snowed in, how much snow did you get?

Comment Rate Message and SUBSCRIBE <3