Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

The Situation

I changed and opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out. Kendra was standing in front of the mirror over the dresser wrapping her hair. I watched as she brushed her dark brown hair around her head. It always fascinated me that you’re supposed to wrap your hair in order to keep it straight.

I set my attention on Brandy. She was laying down on the bed reading something on Kendra’s laptop and changing the channels on the TV with the remote.

“Why don‘t you just pick something already?” Kendra asked her. Brandy rolled her eyes and changed the channel again.

“I will once I find something good”

“Well what‘s on?” I questioned in a monotone. Kendra turned to look at me as well as Brandy. I could see that they both were sympathetic to my situation. I would be to if one of them were going through this situation.

Suddenly the TV caught everyone’s attention.

“In recent news a new singer Viola Washington has had and interesting day” a reporter on the news said.

Brandy’s eyes went wide and she reached for the remote, to turn the TV off. I held up my hand to stop her while keeping my attention glued on the TV. I probably shouldn’t be listening to this but I couldn’t help it. I wanted to know everything that was being said about me. I wanted to know what people thought about the situation. I wanted to know what was going on with my parents and if they had said anything. I wanted to know if the Jonas’ had said anything about the situation.

“Apparently Viola Washington fainted after her interview with Ryan Seacrest and the Jonas brothers. It was said that there was much going on after the interview in the hallway when she fainted. Viola couldn‘t handle the news of possible being the missing Jonas sister.”

I gulped. So the news did know what was going on. Had the Jonas’ told them after I left.

“As we all know the Jonas sister was stolen from the hospital 15 years ago which is the exact age of Viola, who‘s birthday is also the same as their sisters. The only thing is she has blonde hair and what we thought were green eyes, but are actually brown. We were informed by staff at the hospital that after making a scene with her mother, Viola agreed to take a DNA test to find out the truth. We managed to get a few pictures of Viola and her mother as they left the hospital, separately. Talk about a way to enter stardom”

Pictures of me walking out of the hospital and to Kendra car. I sighed and plopped myself down onto the bed next to Kendra’s. This sucks. I can kiss my personal life good-bye. Sure, I’ll be famous but it won’t be for my music anymore, it will be because I might be the missing Jonas sister. I’m possibly the new Taylor Swift, or Rihanna. My privacy is officially gone.

I felt the weight the bed become heavier as the TV turned off. “We can‘t imagine how hard this must be for you” I heard Kendra say.

“No, you can‘t” I spoke but it came out muffled. I sat up and crossed my legs. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted but my cell phone ringing. Brandy went to my bag and pulled out my cell phone. I caught it once she tossed it to me.

The caller ID read Claire. Claire was my publicist. She wasn’t up tight but she was a little to hard working. I never really called her much since I wasn’t famous yet but now I knew that she would be calling more often. I knew that I was going to get some lecture about what to say or what to do. Who knows what she was going to tell me? “Hello?”

“Hey doll how‘s it going, great, good.” I rolled my eyes knowing that she couldn’t see me. “Okay now what is exactly is going on? I saw the news and the websites and the blogs, so what‘s going on?”

“Exactly what they said was going on, I might be the Jonas brothers sister” I plainly replied. Kendra and Brandy both gave me confused looks, wanting to know who was on the phone with me. I covered the speaker and mouthed the word publicist. They nodded and went back to doing what they were doing.

I heard Claire sigh and then the sound of typing. “Okay, uh huh have you talked to any reporters or anything yet?”

“No. Was I supposed to?”

“No! That is the worst thing that you could do. You could say the wrong thing. You don‘t even know if they want you to say anything about it. You can‘t say anything in a situation like this until you talk to me” she explained. She made it sound even worse than it already was.

There was the sound of more typing. “Okay well don‘t say anything yet. I‘m going to get in contact with the manager publicist or whoever I need to, to schedule the DNA test. Until then don‘t talk to any reporters about the situation. The next time you have an interview and with what‘s going on trust me you will. Anyway don‘t talk about, avoid the subject. Will see if we can get them to sign a contract so that they won‘t talk about it but if we can‘t then I‘ll brief you on what to say, okay?”

I nodded my head then remembered that she couldn’t see me. “Okay” I replied in a monotone. There was the sound of more talking and then the sound of her talking to someone else. I didn’t know whether I should hang up or wait until she says good bye.

“Doll are you still there?”

Does she not remember my name or something. Why does she keep calling me doll? Is this a publicist thing or is this just something that she does? “Yeah”

“Okay good. And Congratulations on the single doll it’s fabulous. I heard on the radio during the interview. In fact it‘s been requested at least 1000 times on different stations. I‘m this close to not liking it because I‘ve heard it so much”

I didn’t know whether I should feel flattered or…I don’t know. I mean she said that she might not like my song, how am I supposed to respond to that. I perked up a bit though. My song has been playing on the radio like crazy apparently. I know that it probably has to do with the situation but it still means that people are listening to the song. My song.

I heard the sounds of more talking and more typing. “Alright doll I need to go make this phone call. I‘ll e-mail you your schedule for tomorrow, you‘ve got a lot to do. Chow” there was a click on the other line signaling that she had hung up.

Can’t wait. Note the sarcasm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to post....i think. When was the last time i posted? Oh well i'm posting now.

This chapter is mostly a filler but it was needed.

Comments=Next Chapter