I Love You More Than I Love Being A Star

Chapter 1

The sun shone through the window and down onto Kurt who was staring into the mirror, repeating the same three words over and over again as though he was practising them. “I love you.” He said again, frowning. This had to be prefect, it was the first chance he’d had, and it would be the only chance.

He groaned quietly to himself and turned around collapsing on his bed with his face in the pillow. He screamed into it, letting all his frustration out. He wasn’t going to get anywhere with what he was working with. He needed something more, something better. Something that Finn would understand.

And that was when he had the idea. He jumped off his bed and skipped to his laptop, quickly opening the internet browser.

The next morning Kurt sighed and checked his hair in the mirror one last time before setting off to school. He was starting to get nervous now. He never got nervous, he was a performer and performers don’t get nervous.

His plan was flawless; he knew nothing could go wrong but he still considered turning back home when he saw the school building in the distance.

He felt butterflies in his stomach when he noticed Finn in the distance walking towards him. Kurt stopped mid corridor, slightly scared and tried to hide behind a small gathering of people who were at their lockers. Unfortunately for him, Finn noticed and smiled at him while passing by, “Morning Kurt.”

Kurt sighed and smiled, feeling as though his heart was melting from just being in the presence of Finn. “There’s an extra rehearsal in the Glee room in ten minutes.” Kurt blurted out, not too sure whether Finn would be able to understand it.

Finn turned on his feet to face Kurt and looked at his watch, “I’ll go tell the others if you haven’t already told them.”

Kurt frowned quickly, “I’ve already told them all.” He smiled weakly. Finn smiled back, “I’ll see you there then.”

Kurt sighed deeply, closing his eyes for a few seconds to get any stray thoughts out of his head before making his way to the Glee room to practise.

He sat down at the piano and ran his fingers along the keys, smiling to himself. This was going to be the best performance of his life, and it was going to be perfect for Finn.

He looked up when he heard the doors opened to see Finn looking slightly confused. “I thought you told everyone about this?”

“I wanted your opinion on a song.” Kurt stared longingly at Finn who was now walking towards the piano.

Once Finn was stood slightly closer, Kurt started playing the piano, the movement of his fingers not coming from his mind but from his heart. He daren’t look at Finn, too scared that realising the reality of it all would distract him.

“I must be crazy now
Maybe I dream too much
But when I think of you
I long to feel your touch

To whisper in your ear
Words that are as old as time
Words only you would hear
If only you were mine

I wish I could go back to the very first day I saw you
Should've made my move when you looked in my eyes
Cause by now I know that you'd feel the way that I do
And I'd whisper these words as you'd lie here by my side

I love you, please say
You love me too, these three words
They could change our lives forever
And I promise you that we will always be together
Till the end of time

So today, I finally found the courage deep inside
Just to walk right up to your door
But my body couldn't move when I finally got to it
Just like a thousand times before

Then without a word he handed me this letter
Read I hope this finds the way into your heart, it said

I love you, please say
You love me too, these three words
They could change our lives forever
And I promise you that we will always be together
Till the end of time

Well maybe I, I need a little love yeah
And maybe I, I need a little care
And maybe I, maybe you, maybe you, maybe you
Oh you need somebody just to hold you
If you do, just reach out and I'll be there

I love you, please say
You love me too
Please say you love me too
Till the end of time
These three words
They could change our lives forever
And I promise you that we will always be together

Oh, I love you
Please say you love me too
Please please
Say you love me too
Till the end of time
My baby
Together, together, forever
Till the end of time
I love you
I will be your light
Shining bright
Shining through your eyes
My babe.”


Kurt finished playing and looked up at Finn, “I love you.” Finn looked away quickly and took a few steps away. “I’m sorry.”

Kurt gasped for air; he’d been rejected by the one person he truly cared for. He felt a tear start to fall down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away.

Finn stared at the blank wall ahead of him, trying to gather his thoughts. He liked Kurt, alot. But in that type of way? He wasn't sure. What would happen if the team found out? He'd be classed as a freak for the rest of his life.

Just then Finn turned around, “I’m just not gay. I’m not.” The use of repetition made it sound as though he was saying it to try and prove it to himself, rather than to Kurt.

He walked over to the piano and sat down on the stool next to Kurt, “I’m sorry.”

“I’m not gay.” He frowned again and suddenly as though to try work out the truth, his lips came crashing down onto Kurt’s.

Kurt was too shocked to kiss back straight away but after a few seconds started to realise what was happening and wrapped his arms gently around Finn’s neck pulling him closer.

A few moments later Finn pulled away and turned to face the keys on the piano. A mixture of thoughts filled his head. He leant on the piano, trying to figure them out. He did like Kurt, and it was in that way. He couldn't do anything with Kurt, nothing could come between them. He turned around to look at the object of his confusion, who was already watching him, a look of slight sadness on his face due to Finn pulling away.

He thought about his relationship with Quinn, that hadn't turned out so well. This couldn't get any worse. He sighed and turned around, prepared to set his future in the next two words he spoke.

“I’m gay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I need you to comment on this, and then I'll know whether I should carry it on or keep it how it is.

Opinions guys? They really mean alot.

The song is 'I Love You' by Celine Dion.