Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

TWO;

Once lunchtime rolled around, Rachel and I walked to the cafeteria to get some food. The lunch line wasn’t too long, so we chilled in the back of the line and chatted.

“So, do you feel like you’re fitting in better?” she asked me.

“Well, if by better you mean telling off the guy who threw the slushie at me and receiving style tips from fashion mania, then yes. I’m definitely fitting in.”

“By fashion mania, you mean Kurt Hummel right?” How the hell did she know?

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“First of all, nobody else in the school is known for fashion like Kurt is. Well, besides Mercedes, but she doesn’t give out style tips. Oh, and Kurt’s also in the Glee club with me, so I know him pretty well,” she explained.

“What’s Glee club?” I wondered. I’d heard the term all day, mostly in a bad sense, but it really intrigued me.

Rachel looked like she wanted to punch me, but then contained herself, realizing I was the new kid. “Oh, Courtney, Courtney, Courtney,” she sighed. “I’ll have to show you when we’re done eating.”

“Okay, sounds like a deal,” I smiled.

I heard a familiar voice, and turned around to see Puck and some other cute guy standing a few feet behind us. They noticed me looking, and Puck waved. I still didn’t forgive him for the slushie thing, so I ignored him and turned around. “Ugh.”

“What?” Rachel looked at me.

“That guy behind us…he’s the one who hit me with the slushie,” I gave her an amused look.

She turned around and looked at them.

“Don’t look at them!” I gently punched her in the gut. “They’ll think I’m creepy.”

“Sorry. Which one threw the slushie at you?”

“Mohawk,” I said in a voice that showed I was irritated by him.

“Ew. Puck.”

“Yeah, I know. He introduced himself in Biology,” I rolled my eyes. “I have a feeling I’ll have to put up with a lot of him.”

“Oh, definitely. He plays girls as much as he plays xbox. The other guy is Finn. He’s a sweetheart, but sometimes gets sucked in with Puck’s jerk-ness. They’re best friends,” Rachel explained.

“Yeah, the other guy doesn’t seem too horrible. He’s actually kind of cute,” I smiled.

“He’s a total babe. I’m pretty much in love with him, but I’ve learned not to waste my time, because he’s been with Quinn for over a year, and they look pretty happy.”

“Finn…Quinn…hey, that’s cute,” I laughed at the rhyme, which showed I wasn’t too mature. “You think their parents did that on purpose?”

Rachel laughed, and then the conversation of FinnQuinn ended because we were at the front of the lunch line. I ordered garlic fingers and chocolate milk, while Rachel got a sub and apple juice. Once we got our food, we had to walk past Puck and Finn, which I wasn’t entirely excited about. And of course, Puck stopped me.

He got super close to me and whispered in my ear, “Whatever Rachel says about me, don’t believe her. She’s just mad because I dumped her.”

I laughed. “Right, Fuck. I’ll keep that in mind. Seeya in Math.”

Rachel and I sat at an empty cafeteria table. “What did he say about me?” she asked.

“He told me not to trust you because you’re just mad that he dumped you,” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes for the millionth time.

“Uh, no. To make things SUPER clear, I dumped him.”

“You guys dated?” It was a little shocking, to be honest.

“Don’t judge, don’t judge. The guy had me lured in. I mean, have you seen that body?” she practically drooled at the mention of it.

“Not yet.” And I didn’t know why I had the urge to say “yet”, but for some reason, I felt the opportunity would come up soon.

After Rachel and I ate, she was pretty eager to show me the so-called “Glee club” she was talking about earlier.

We walked through a few hallways, and finally came to a door that said “Music”. I assumed it was the music room.

“Now, Courtney. Be prepared for a life-changing experience,” Rachel opened the door, and all I heard was singing. Not saying that’s a bad thing, because the voices I’d heard were absolutely beautiful. Just sayin’. We both entered and saw four teenagers, and an adult.

“We’ve got a visitor, Mr. Schue,” Kurt looked excited when he saw me.

“Oh, it looks like we do! Welcome, welcome, welcome!” Mr. “Schue” greeted me like he was on some form of crack.

I cringed a little. I mean, he was a little scary looking with his freakishly curly hair and his weird snowman tie. My backwards leap didn’t stop him from approaching me and violently shaking my hand, though.

“Hey! I’m Mr. Schuester,” he didn’t let go of my hand.

“Neato. I’m Courtney,” I tried as hard as possible to be polite.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Courtney. Welcome to Glee club!” he gestured to the room.

“Mr. Schuester, I think you’re scaring her. I just came by to show her what it was all about,” Rachel informed him.

He chuckled. “Oh, right. Sorry for being crazy,” Mr. Schuester apologized. “I just love seeing new faces in this room.”

“Y-y-yeah, we all do,” an Asian girl with long hair grinned. “I’m T-T-Tina.”

I immediately felt bad for her stutter problem, but she seemed like a nice person, so I waved and gave her a pity smile. What? Pity smiles are okay, as long as the person doesn’t know it’s pity.

“So, you gon’ join or what?” a “bigger-built” black girl spoke up. “We could definitely use some more people. By the way, I’m Mercedes. Y’know, the vehicle.”

“That’s a pretty name,” I told her, truthfully, and then shrugged. “I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. For one, I can’t dance or sing.”

“Lessons, baby. Lessons,” a nerdy-but-cute looking fellow in a wheelchair suggested. “I’m Artie.”

“It’s really nice to meet you all,” I said cheerfully, glad I’d made a few friends already.

And that’s when Finn and Puck walked into the music room, and every bit of joy I was feeling washed down the drain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be appreciated.
I love comments, really. I'd rather you comment than subscribe.
But both are nice. :3