Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

TWENTY;

The rehearsal was officially over. I was walking down the hallway, on my way to the office, where I was going to call my mother for a ride. I suddenly heard two familiar voices coming from the cafeteria. I peeked inside to see Finn and Quinn. Finn was sitting on a cafeteria chair, while Quinn was standing in front of him. She looked pretty pissed off.

“Look, I have no problem with taking you back, but things have to change. You know that, right?” Quinn rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, I know,” Finn agreeably nodded, and then looked up at his ex. “In what ways, though?”

“Where do I begin?” Quinn folded her arms. “First of all, if you want me back, you’re going to have to quit talking to that Courtney bitch like she’s your twin fucking sister.”

“Courtney’s just a friend, and I don’t talk to her as much as you think,” Finn argued. I just stood there, peeking in with my mouth gaped open. Who’d this bitch think she was, trying to convince my friend to stop talking to me? If he agreed, so help me God. I would run in there and rip both of their heads off.

“Why don’t you take that ‘not much’ and turn it into ‘nothing at all’? That’s why I broke up with you. Because you have way too many ‘friends’ that are girls. I get extremely paranoid when I see you talking to another girl.” Whoa, Finn really knew how to pick ’em.

“So, what, you expect me to just hang out with guys? I’m sorry, but that’s just gonna make me look super gay. I have friends who just so happen to be girls, and I’m not going to stop talking to them because of you.” Yay Finn! “Oh, and how is me chatting to girls any different to that time not too long ago when you and Puck were stuck together like glue?”

“That’s different,” Quinn sighed. “You should be able to trust me.”

“And I can’t be trusted!?” Finn snapped.

“It’s not that I can’t trust you. It’s the girls that you seem to love talking to that I can’t trust. For example, that new Courtney chick. There’s just something about the way she walks around and thinks she’s the shiny new toy that everyone should swoon over. To be honest, she looks like she’s been dead for twenty years, and-”

That was about all I was going to take. I marched my ass into the cafeteria. Finn was the first one to see me, and the look that covered his face had basically said “Oh, shit”. Quinn noticed that he was looking behind her, so she swung around and saw me standing there, glaring at the both of them.

She put on a fake smile. “Oops.” She then covered her mouth, giving me the sign that she wasn’t particularly worried if I’d heard what she had said about me or not.

I chuckled. “I don’t know why I’m standing here, ready to kill you. It’s not like you’re worth it… at all.”

“Oh, but I am,” she snickered. “Don’t be upset that you didn’t get a chance with Finn. There are plenty of other dickheads around here, and I hear Puck really likes you.”

“For the last fucking time, I’m not trying to get with Finn!” I practically screamed. Then, I turned to Finn. “Oh, and thanks for sticking up for me, there, buddy! It’s nice to know that you agree with everything that little bitch says. She’s actually taken control of you, and that’s kinda sickening.”

Before anything else was said, I stormed out of the cafeteria in a total Rachel Berry fashion. Seriously, why the hell did Quinn think I was messing around with her boyfriend in the first place? I had no feelings for Finn, besides friendship. If anything, I was crushing on Puck. So, Quinn really didn’t have anything to worry about, and I had no idea why she was all up in my grill like that.

Speak of the devil. Puck was a few feet behind me, and I didn’t realize it until he called out “Hey, what’s the rush!”. He caught up with me, and noticed by the look on my face that I was obviously pissed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, looking concerned. I didn’t answer him, so he got in front of me and stopped me. “Babe, what’s wrong?”

Babe!?” I burst out laughing. “Yeah, right, pervert.” I tried to push him out of the way so I could get the fuck out of the school, but he wouldn’t move.

“You’re not going anywhere until you tell me what’s wrong,” he shook his head and folded his arms. He looked similar to a bouncer.

“Quinn’s just being a bitch,” I rolled my eyes. “It’s nothing.”

“Well, that’s nothing new. You know she actually used to be my friend?” he sighed. “Once upon a time. Before she got involved with those sluttish Cheerios.”

I nodded. “Can I go now?”

“What’d she do, exactly?” he wondered.

“She told Finn that she’d take him back if he stops talking to me. She thinks I’m some sneaky whore who wants to get in his pants or something,” I could feel the waterworks coming. I was that upset.

“Well, if he listens to her, he’s the most stupid guy on earth. No way in hell I’d choose Quinn Fabray over you.” Puck always knew how to cheer me up.

“Well, she was putting me down in the dirt, and he just sat there and listened to her. He didn’t speak up, and he didn’t try to defend me in any way.”

“That’s pathetic,” Puck narrowed his eyebrows. He then cracked his knuckles. “Want me to talk to him?”

“Oh, no, no, no,” I shook my head, violently. “You will not ‘talk to him’. You won’t get involved period.” I knew exactly what ‘talk’ meant in football team lingo, and it wasn’t a pretty term.

“I just hate seeing you hurt,” he actually looked worried.

“I’ll be fine. I just need to get home.”

Puck knew I was getting annoyed with him, so he moved over. “I’ll call you later, okay?” he asked.

“Yep,” I muttered as I walked up to the office telephone. I called my mom, and she agreed to pick me up. It would take a few minutes, though, so I had to wait by the school doors.

“Hello, Courtney,” a familiar voice creeped up behind me. I turned around to see Rachel.

“Hey!” I tried to sound a little enthusiastic, but she wasn’t stupid.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Just a little tired,” I bent the truth.

“I think the rehearsal has worn you out,” she told me. “You should really get some rest.”

“Yeah, I agree,” I shrugged. “That’s why I’m going home now.”

I heard a beeping and Rachel looked out the door. “That’s one of my dads. Feel better!” She flew out the door.

My ride came shortly later. I jumped into the car, and after my mom bombarding me with a shitload of questions about how my day and rehearsal went, I finally got home. Home sweet home.

I went directly to my bedroom and decided to let my anger out in what I felt was the best way: music.

I turned my iPod speakers on full blast, and turned on a good, mean song. I began to sing along, hairbrush in hand, standing in my mirror like a total loser.

“Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Mister, mister.
I can't hold it in.”

“No...
Never, never.
I had a feeling this would-
Never, never.
I had a feeling this would never leave.
I've got a wick to burn my skin.”

“Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Mister, mister.
I can't hold it in.”

“No...
Never, never.
I had a feeling this would-
Never, never.
I had a feeling this would never leave.
I've got a wick to burn my skin.”

“So, I bottled it up and kept the words to myself,
and let the anger collect for a better day.
When the words are aged, the war is waged.
And you'll watch me blow.
I can be your powder keg, if you can be my fuse.”

“Clever, clever.
Give me a reason to be clever, clever.
Give me a reason to be placing all my trust in your hands.”

“No, never, never.
Don't even fuck with me.
Never, never.
I tell myself that I know,
but I'll never know more than your name.”

“So, I bottled it up and kept the words to myself,
and let the anger collect for a better day.
When the words are aged, the war is waged.
And you'll watch me blow.
I can be your powder keg, if you can be my fuse.”

“Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't worry doll.
I only kill her in my sleep.
Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock at your door.
You know I will send her out to sea.”

“So, I bottled it up and kept the words to myself,
and let the anger collect for a better day.
When the words are aged, the war is waged.
And you'll watch me blow.
I can be your powder keg, if you can be my fuse.”

“Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Temper, temper.
I never wanted to be-
Mister, mister.
I can't hold it in.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
Temper, Temper - Envy On The Coast.