Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

TWENTY-THREE;

“This is your fault!” I screamed at Puck as I exited the front doors of the school.

“How is it my fault!?” He gaped at me in disbelief.

“We flunked it because you didn’t edit the damn thing!”

“Well, I’m soorrrry. I thought our project was better raw. It wasn’t as boring as the others,” he stated. I wanted to wrap my hands around his neck and squeeze. Hard.

“Our ‘raw’ project failed, you stupid dick!” I would gladly admit that I was out of control. Quinn pissed me off, and I was taking it out on Puck. So what?

“You know what?” he stopped. “I’m just going to walk away from you now, and you can talk to me when you’re calmed down.” He began to walk away, and I started to feel bad.

“Puck, wait.”

He turned back around and sighed.

“You’re right. I’m sorry. I’m not mad because we failed. I’m just pissed because of what happened with Quinn. She’s really bringing my mood down,” I explained.

“It’s okay…I’d be pissed, too. Anyway, wanna come over to my house? We can work on our remix,” he offered.

I thought about it, and I really didn’t have anything else to do. I had nothing planned for the day but stuffing my face with food and reading.

“But Rachel’s part of our group, too, and she won’t be there.”

“Oh, you’re right,” he said, sarcastically. “How unfortunate.”

I laughed. “Okay, Puck. I’ll go to your house.”

I quickly called my mother to let her know where I was going, and we walked to his house, which was only a couple blocks away. As soon as we got there, a little girl was outside, waiting for him.

“NOAH!” she yelled, even though he was like five feet away from her.

“What?” he rolled his eyes. He then looked at me. “That’s my annoying fuck of a sister.”

“Striking resemblance, no?” I giggled. He rolled his eyes again.

“Mom needs you to cook tonight. She’s really sick,” his sister informed him.

“Where is she?” he asked.

“Upstairs. She’s probably asleep.”

“Oh. Well, okay. What do you want me to cook?”

“You can just make some Kraft Dinner for me,” his sister grinned. “Who’s that? Is that your girlfriend? She’s not the same girl that was here last month.”

“No, Courtney’s a lot better than Santana,” Puck smiled. “And no, she’s not my girlfriend…yet.” He added a wink.

I playfully punched him in the shoulder and chuckled. I then turned to face his sister. “Your brother’s silly, you know that?”

“Oh, I know,” she gave me a look that said ‘trust me’, and skipped off into the house.

“But he’s also pretty charming,” I admitted, as we followed her inside.

-----

We were in Puck’s room, trying to find ideas for the remix. It was the first time I’d been in his house. His room was pretty cool, for a jock. I mean, dirty clothes littered the floor, and famous football players were plastered all over the wall, but I was proud to see some classic rock posters there, too.

“I’ll admit that my room isn’t as cool as yours,” he noticed me looking around the room.

“And I’ll agree with that,” I smiled. “But it’s decent…for you.”

“Gee, thanks,” he chuckled. “So, wanna get started on the remix?”

“I really hate to do this without Rachel,” I winced.

“I don’t. All she’d be doing is bitching and complaining about how it’s not nice and everything,” Puck rolled his eyes.

“True…” I nodded. I then reached into my book bag and hauled out the ideas I’d scribbled down in Spanish. I handed it to Puck. “Check this out.”

I saw his eyes pop as he scanned the paper. “Whoa! This is totally mean! I love it!” He burst into laughter.

“That’s what I thought,” I grinned. “I’m just sick and tired of her walking around thinking she’s better than everybody else, when clearly, she’s not.”

“I agree. She’s been like that since elementary school, and little does she know, most people have turned their backs on her,” Puck stated a fact.

“I didn’t want to have to get on her bad side, but…it looks like this is my opportunity to bring her overflowing confidence level to where it should be,” I explained.

“Good thinking,” he nodded. “I have a feeling it could work.”

“Well, do you have anything to add to this?” I wondered, gesturing towards the paper.

“Honestly, I think everything is said,” he told me. But he looked over the paper again, just to make sure. He grabbed a pencil that just so happened to be on his desk, and marked a few things on it.

When he gave me back the paper, I grinned. “This is gonna be a hit.”

“You think we’ll get in trouble?” Puck asked.

“No doubt about it. Mr. Schue said no dissing, and I know how much he meant it. But personally, I think you have to break the rules a little in life in order to get what you want.”

“Well said, my friend,” he laughed. “Quinn’s a bitch, and she’s gonna get what she deserves.”

“Rachel is gonna be pissed,” I winced. “She’s going to think that this is a complete waste of a performance.”

“Fuck her,” Puck shrugged. “It isn’t always about her.”

“I know,” I sighed. “I think we should call her and let her know what’s up.”

So, we did. We called Rachel, and let her know that our remix had to do with telling Quinn where to go. Rachel immediately started freaking out and telling us that she wasn’t getting in trouble because of us. We told her that if she wanted, we would take 100% of the blame, and she didn’t have to be involved at all. She was still kind of mad that she wouldn’t be performing, but a high phone bill and tons of convincing later, she agreed that Quinn needed some payback, and for the hell that Quinn loved putting Rachel (and everybody else) through, it was worth it.

By suppertime, we had the song finished, and it was ready to be sung to Quinn. I went home feeling so powerful, it scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remix next chapter, possibly. o: