Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

TWENTY-FIVE;

“I’m not going back to Glee unless you are,” Puck followed me out of the room.

“You have to. They need you,” I argued.

“And they don’t need you? You’re the originality in that room,” he said, sincerely.

“I’m not that good,” I sobbed. “Plus, I’m not allowed back in there. You, on the other hand, are.”

“Like I said, not going back unless you are,” he narrowed his eyebrows.

“Well, I’m not, so…” I shrugged. I stopped by the school phone. “I have to go home. Tell the teachers that I got sick or something.”

“The whole school is gonna know what happened, so there’s no point in making a stupid excuse like that,” Puck told me.

“I know,” I sighed. “I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

“Alright,” he put his hand on my shoulder. “You’ll get back in. I promise.”

“I don’t know about that,” I shook my head. “But I do know one thing. You have to go back. Today.”

“I don’t wanna do this without you. I was part of what happened, too,” he hesitated.

“Please go back,” I begged. “For me.”

He put on his famous thinking face, which consisted of him pursing his lips. “For you,” he finally spoke. I looked up at him.

“Thank you,” I grinned. I then turned towards the phone. “Seeya later.”

“Feel better,” he hugged me. He let go, turned around, and began to walk away. “Bye.”

When he was out of sight, I called my mother. She answered the phone after about ten rings, and I asked her to come pick me up because I wasn’t feeling well, which was completely true. She seemed to believe me, but said that she wouldn’t be able to get to the school for another thirty minutes. I whined a little, but after realizing that there was nothing I could do, I hung up. I wondered what I could do while I was waiting, so I went into the cafeteria, and nobody was there, since afternoon classes had begun. I took a seat at one of the tables, and let it all out.

I cried for a good ten minutes, repeatedly asking myself why I’d sung that to Quinn. That’s right, I thought to myself. Because you didn’t think you’d get booted out of the Glee club.

Really, though. I’d thought that I would just have a very mild punishment, like detention for a week or so. And I’d probably have to apologize to Quinn, which I wasn’t up for, but anything was better than not being a part of Glee.

I heard footsteps, and quickly wiped my tears in my hoodie. Nobody needed to see the mess I was in. I put my head down on the table, hiding my face. Maybe the person would think I was asleep or something, and leave me alone. Wrong-o.

“Courtney?” the voice called.

I knew who it was immediately. He had one of those kind of raspy voices. It was hot, don’t get me wrong, but I could pick his voice out in the largest crowds.

I lifted my head up, looking Finn Hudson straight in the eyes. “What,” I muttered. I sounded exhausted. Hell, I felt exhausted.

“Are you okay?” he asked, not knowing whether to come sit down or to run away.

“Do I fucking look okay?” I rolled my eyes. He was just as dumb as ever.

“I’m sorry…” he gave me a sympathetic look. “Mind if I take a seat?”

“Go ahead,” I gestured to the seat across from me. “How’s Quinn?”

“Not too good,” he said, honestly. He paused for a moment, and then began to talk again. “I’m not mad at you.”

“Why not?” I wondered. I’d just finished embarrassing the hell out of his girlfriend.

“I understand why you did it. I mean, maybe it wasn’t the best method to get back at her, but I totally understand,” he explained.

“Really?” Out of all people, Finn understood. That made me happy.

“Sure. Quinn and I are close, as you already know, but…well…she’s a bitch. I’ll definitely admit that. And while you made her run out of the room in tears, I think she got the message.”

“You think?”

“Yeah. And who knows? Maybe she’ll realize how she’s been treating people, and maybe she’ll change,” he shrugged.

“I sure hope so,” I nodded. “You know, I didn’t want things to happen like that. I didn’t want her to cry. I just wanted her to know how it feels.”

“Well, I, for one, applaud you,” he smiled. “And I thought the remix was a total hit, if we’re being honest.”

“Thanks,” I managed a chuckle. “So, where is she now?”

“She decided to go home to get away from it all.”

“I really need to apologize,” I gave Finn a small smile.

“Meh, she’ll get over it,” he shrugged.

“So, you two are ‘on-the-go’ again, aren’t you?” I wondered, completely forgetting about the fight he and I had gotten into.

“Who told you that?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Quinn,” I gave him an odd look.

“Oh,” his eyebrow was still raised. “Well…we’re not. I kind of refused to get back with her ever since the argument in the cafeteria. I don’t need someone like that.”

“Yeah, that was pretty harsh,” I winced.

“Agreed,” he said. He then looked at the clock. “Shit. I should probably get going back to class. I was only supposed to go for a pee break, but it turned into a big, long dump.”

I burst into laughter. “Great, Finn, that’s great.”

He stood up, chuckling. “I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah, you too.” I waved. He waved back, and left the cafeteria.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best chapter, but I didn't want to rush anything. xD
Whatcha be thinkin'?