Status: Completed! Check out Part Two!

Lima Loser.

FIVE;

It was approximately 12:03 PM of the next day. I had the song I wanted to audition with rammed into my brain. I’d spent the whole night before practicing in the mirror like an idiot, and I still felt that I wasn’t good enough. Oh well, I told myself. Just stay calm, and everything will work out fine.

Rachel was walking next to me, as we headed towards the music room. “What are you singing, anyway?” she asked.

“You’ll have to wait and see, Miss Nosy,” I poked her.

“But it’s driving me crazy, Courtney!” she waved her arms around as if trying to fight off a swarm of bees.

“It’s really not a big deal,” I told her as we arrived at the music room. The door was always open, so I saw Mr. Schuester and every single one of the Glee kids, including people I haven’t saw before.

“Oh, God. There’s more?” I winced. “I don’t know if I can do this.” I turned around and tried to walk back towards the cafeteria, but Rachel stopped me.

“No. You have to do this. Glee won’t judge you based upon your singing. These people are going to be your friends,” she told me.

I sighed. “I don’t know, Rachel. I’ve always had bad stage fright. I thought it would be just you and Mr. Schuester watching me. Not the jocks and the cheerleaders. I can’t handle another slushie in my face.”

“Whether you join Glee or not, you’ll have a slushie in your face every day, just for hanging out with me. It really won’t make a difference, so suck it up and go in there. I’m right beside you,” Rachel promised.

“Oh, fine,” I rolled my eyes as I walked into the music room, Rachel right behind me.

“Hey, Courtney!” Mr. Schue smiled a massive smile as soon as he saw me.

“Hey, Mr. Schuester,” I laughed, nervously. “I’m uh…I’m ready to try out.”

“Great!” he clapped. “Would you rather go to the auditorium?”

“Does everyone here have to go?” I asked, hopeful that they could just stay in the music room and wait for me to get back with the good/bad news.

“Courtney, having stage fright isn’t going to help you, at all. The Glee club will be going on trips to regionals, and possibly even nationals. You can’t be afraid of singing in front of your friends,” Mr. Schue proved a point.

“I know, I know. Okay, let’s go to the auditorium, then,” I was seriously frightened to fucking death.

The whole Glee club followed Mr. Schue and I to the auditorium. Luckily, it wasn’t being used. If it was, I could kiss joining Glee club goodbye.

Everybody sat down. “Everybody” consisted of Mr. Schuester, Rachel, Puck, Kurt, Finn, Mercedes, Tina, Artie, Quinn and her two gerbils, an Asian guy, a guy who sorta looked like Puck without the mohawk, and a red-headed cutely-dressed woman, who I guessed was another teacher.

I was so nervous, I thought I was going to pass out. But surprisingly, I kept myself as calm as possible.

“What are you going to be singing?” Mr. Schuester asked me.

“‘Time After Time’ by Cyndi Lauper,” I stated.

Rachel stood up, already clapping. “Genius choice! Go Courtney!”

“I agree,” Mr. Schue smiled. “You can start whenever you’re ready.”

I took a few seconds to breathe, and then began with the song. I shut my eyes, because I didn’t want to see the reactions of the audience.

“Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
and think of you
Caught up in circles; confusion--
is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights--
almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after--

Sometimes, you picture me--
I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear
what you've said--
Then you say--go slow--
I fall behind--
The second hand unwinds

If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time”


I stopped, forgetting the next verse, and guessed that I’d sung enough. I was scared to look out into the audience, but I opened my eyes to see Mr. Schue smiling, along with the rest of the audience, minus Quinn.

Rachel, Puck, Finn, Kurt and Mercedes stood up and clapped, which definitely isn’t what I’d expected.

Mr. Schue spoke up. “That’s such a beautiful song, and you really sang it well. Choppy at parts, but other than that, great job.”

“Are you serious?” my eyes widened.

“I’m serious. Your voice is really nice. The only problem I have with you is that the performance was kind of dull. You didn’t move around or anything, and you closed your eyes the whole time,” he told me, honestly.

“Yeah, I was really scared,” I laughed. “But I’ll get used to singing in front of people, I promise.”

“Well, Courtney. Welcome to Glee!” Mr. Schue stood up and clapped, and so did everybody else. Again, minus Quinn. I didn’t know what her problem was, but she’d better smarten up, or my fist would collide with her face. And it wouldn’t be too pretty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I don't know how much more I'll write to this, because I'm really upset.
A good friend of mine died today, and I'm still in shock, and completely pissed off at the world.
So, if I continue anytime soon, I'll probably end up killing one of the characters. That's what I do in stories when I'm depressed/angry. I make something bad happen to fit my mood.
But if I get that people actually want me to continue, I'll try to do so without violence towards any characters. xD