All From A Song

Rogue of Winter

The song started out slow, a piano melody that instantly made my heart thump with anticipation. I looked over at Hiei as the song started, progressively getting into a hip pop beat. His eyes, the color of deep crimson that filled me with his emotions, stared at me with the same intensity as the song was fighting. Without thinking I laced my fingers with his, and he didn't even struggle as I pulled him up to his feet from the stool he sat idly on.

Turning myself around, I led Hiei to the dance floor, and even though he'd warned me that dancing was never and will never be his thing, I wasn't going to let that stop me. This song had turned me on autopilot, and I acting on pure impulse to feel my desires met. Hiei would be the very being that would do that, leaving my body begging for relief towards the end. I knew he would be the one to do so.

That is why he was here at this very moment, his palms sweating and one glance to him I saw his eyes grow weary, because this was a cosmical event that neither of us would dare to ignore. We didn't hesitate to immerse ourselves in the crowd, and I pushed myself up against his body, his hard abs against my flat stomach. I begged for his support as I swayed my hips softly to the noise and then along with the beat that began hard and strong, feeling the first hard edge of the song overwhelm me.

Hiei seemed to know what he was doing, letting our bodies rub, grind, and push against each other in a way that made a flood of emotions swarm me. My eyes closed as I turned myself around, my back against him with his hands gripping my hips. With his hot breath against my neck and the tip of my earlobe, I let the back of my head rest against the crook of his neck. I heard him moan as I pushed myself against him with the rhythm of the song.

Between us sparks of magic that none of us had never experienced before flew, bringing fireworks behind my eyelids as I kept my eyes tightly shut. There was nothing but us and the music, filling the empty space that had kept us distant for so long. If I knew then that song would change the course of our relationship (which began so dormant and cold) and also the course of our lives and everyone else around us I would have searched for that song sooner. Then I thought, if I had done that, then where we were in that club with sweating bodies surrounding us, creating an atmosphere of mist that didn't cool us, but added to the sexy vibe that I was already receiving from his end of the dance wouldn't have happened, and this would have made us stale and undesirable.

Hiei hated dancing, in fact, he hated anything that was remotely human, but the moment I intertwined our fingers together there was no denying that this song was ours and only played for us at that club. It was a song that had moved every cell in my body from the first note played, and it was a song I knew would change everything. All from a song that I'd heard at a club, a song that brought the man of my life closer to me. A song that created a pair that lasted through such a traumatic event and fulfilled what was destined of us.

All from a song. A song I heard at a club.