Events of a Lifetime

Chapter 14

(Lexi POV)

“Hey Ally, Hey Joe,” Patrick says as the two of them join us.

“Hey Patrick how are you?” Ally asks as I start to shiver from being cold.

As Ally and Patrick start to talk and get to know each other I start to space out. I begin to wonder what will happen after tonight. Will we all stay in touch? Will Pete and I really become something? I try to answer these questions. But only time will tell. Then all of the sudden I feel someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around my waist. I turn my head to see Pete standing behind me.

“What do you think you are doing mister?” I ask

“I’m not doing anything but hugging the girl I like.” He answers smiling sweetly.

“Okay,” I say, “What’s going to happen between us after tonight? I mean you say you like me. And I like you. But are we ever going to see each other again after this?

“Damnit Lexi. You’re ruining your surprise. Do you want that?” He asks in a sweet voice.

“Yes and no. I want to know but then I don’t want to know” I say confused.

“Okay then. It’s still going to be a surprise. You will know later tonight what will happen between us after today.” He replies with an adorable smile.

“Can I at least have a hint? That way I can try and guess?” I ask really flirtatiously.

“Nope. Because if I do you will know what it is,” He replies.

“So how are you guys getting along?” asks Jackie, the DJ from earlier, “We are about to start letting kids in. So do you want to head backstage? I guess you could stay out here. You guys have an hour and a half till the show starts.”

“We’re getting along great. And actually we are going to go outside because there is something we want to do,” Pete answers with a devilish smile, “Come on guys we have to hurry.”

We all walk off the stage with Joe leading the way. Pete’s arm is wrapped around my waist. I wonder what the surprise is. Is it something good? Is it bad? And how am I going to deal with Alex? How am I going to tell him that I don’t love him anymore, it’s going to be hard but I have to do it, I like Pete now, not Alex.

“Okay lets o this. It’s going to be awesome. Everyone put these on really quickly.” Joe says handing us all masks that go all the way over our heads.

“Uh…what are we doing?” I ask a little afraid of the answer I’d get.

“Going to talk to the fans.” Andy states matter-of-factly.

“Then why are we wearing masks? They won’t recognize you guys.” I ask again scared for the answer.

“It’s because the real fans will know its us. But the ‘fans’ that come to the show for the wrong reasons won’t, like the teenies. Its our gift to the real fans.” Patrick answers as we make our way to where all the fans are waiting outside.