Events of a Lifetime

Chapter 16

(Lexi POV)

As Pete begins lacing his fingers through mine when he turns and looks at me. He then starts to smile
which makes my heart melt and my knees go weak.

“Um excuse me but aren’t you guys dressed kind of wrong? It’s a concert not a Halloween party. It’s the middle of June, no where near October.” Some girl about 12 years old asks all of us.

“You see little girl, the six of us are all older than you. That means we know about all sorts of cool things that little girls don’t know about,” I say trying to be sweet.

“I’m not a little girl. I’m 13. How old are you six stupids anyway?” The little girl asks growing more annoying by the minute.

“Old enough. Now we better get going. So much to do and so little time.” Pete answers in a girl voice.

We all then walk away from the little girl. What a little brat. I mean come on. She has no clue who any of us are. I actually think its funny that she just insulted Fall Out Boy.

“How come no one has recognized you guys yet?” I ask confused.

As the words come out of my mouth I realize that there aren’t many people outside. They must have already went inside.

“Looks like they’ve already made it inside. So lets go inside and hang out.” Joe says heading towards the entrance.

“How are we going to get inside? I thought that you didn’t want everyone knowing who we are.” Ally asks with confusion in her voice.

“If Andy lifts his mask they’ll let us all in. And its okay if they know. Its just more fun if everyone doesn’t know who we are.” Pete answers sounding excited.

“Okay, I guess that makes some sense in some like alternate universe,” I answer smiling.

“Can I see your tickers please?” The lady at the door asks.

“Well, you see, we don’t actually have tickets,” Joe responds.

“No tickets, no entry, sorry, those are the rules.” The lady responds with sympathy in her voice.

“What if we were the band?” Andy asks as he lifts his mask.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry, I thought you guys were just some immature teenagers trying to sneak in.” The woman states looking truly sorry.

“It’s okay. We’re just wasting time until the show starts.” Andy says trying to comfort the woman as we enter into the building.

“We should take pictures. We could even take them with unsuspecting fans.” Ally says trying to add more fun.

“We should at the next show. Not enough time to incorporate then into this one though,” Andy answers, “But thanks for the idea Ally.”

Their conversation has begun to bore me. So I decide that I will start up my own conversation. But with who? And about what? I could talk to Joe, Pete, or Patrick. I could talk to Joe about Pete and me. I could talk to Pete about whatever. Or I could talk to Patrick about things we do and don’t have in common.

“OMG! Your Fall Out Boy aren’t you? OMG this is so cool. I’m like your biggest fan! OMG!” some girl about the age of 15 asks excitedly but staying quiet.

“Yes we are. And don’t tell anyone though, because if you do we’ll all be extremely sad. You wouldn’t want that now would you?” Pete answers.

“NO! I promise I won’t tell if I can get your guys’ autographs,” The girl says.

“No problem. So are you a boardie or what?” Pete asks as he signs the t-shirt the girl bought.

“Uh…yeah, I’m a boardie. Don’t you guys hang out on the boards sometimes?” the girl asks as the rest of the guys sign her shirt.

“Yeah, occasionally we do. But when we’re on tour its hard for us to go online for long periods of time. But we try our hardest to keep in touch with the fans,” Pete replies, “But we better get going. The show is going to start soon. Bye!”

“Bye! And by the way, thanks.” She responds as we start to walk away.

“Oh my god Ally. You know who that was right?” I ask hoping that’s really who it was.

“Oh my god Lexi, yes! Tori, that freshman slut. Oh by the way Lexi, she broke Joe and me up. Not you Joe, another one,” Ally replies.

“She broke you and some guy named Joe up?” Pete asks trying to get caught up, “Wait, what’s her last name?”

“It’s Harris. Wait, why do you want to know?” Ally asks.

“You’ll find out. And I think you’ll like it. Or at least I hope you do,” Pete answers.