Events of a Lifetime

Chapter 23

I listen to the music as the boys play amazingly. Somehow Pete is playing his bass with Lexi still on his lap. I look around at all the boys’ faces. They all look extremely excited.

I now think I understand why they put up with everything. It is because they love to play and make music. Even if they’ve played a song a million times its new to someone out there. And that’s what truly makes them amazing. The song ends and I stare amazed.

“I just realized what makes you guys truly amazing.” I say.

“What’s that Ally?” Andy asks.

“Your always so excited to play because your good at it and you love it. As well as mo matter how many times you play its still new to someone.” I answer.

“I never thought of it that way. But it does make a lot of sense when you put it that way,” Andy replies.

I look over to Lexi who happens to look at me quickly. I flash her a quick smile right before she turns back to Pete. They look as if they are in love. I hope Andy and me can have that.

I feel a hand on my arm when I turn to see Andy. “What’s wrong babe?” he asks concerned.

“Just hoping one day we can have what Pete and Lexi have,” I say pointing to Pete and Lexi.

“We do have that. You just don’t see it yet because we haven’t chosen to make our relationship public.” He says then adds, “Ally would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“Andy! Of course I would,” I reply pulling him into a kiss.