Events of a Lifetime

Chapter 24

I turn to Pete and get the same feeling in my stomach that I used to get when I was with Alex, the feeling that nothing could go wrong. I think I’m starting to fall in love.

“Lexi? Are you okay?” Pete asks.

“Yeah I’m fine. Why do you ask?” I ask.

“You got a weird look on your face. But I wanted to ask you a question. You know Ally and Andy are getting along. Well he asked her to join us on tour and she said yes. So I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend and join us on the rest of the tour. Do you want to?” he asks with a nervous look.

“Oh my god Pete! Yes and yes! I will have to go home and grab some stuff first though, like my phone charger and some clothes. Luckily I didn’t miss any school this year so I can miss the last three days,” I say.

“Okay, we can stop at your place after the show. I think Ally is joining us on Wednesday night,” he says pulling me into a hug.

“I’m going to go talk to Ally really quickly. I have to tell her the good news,” I say getting up.

I walk over to Ally who is sitting on the other side of the room talking to Andy.

“Hey can we talk real quick?” I ask.

“Yeah, Andy can you excuse us?” Ally answers.

“Andy can stay. Its not personal or anything,” I say.

“Oh okay. What is it Lexi?” Ally asks.

“Well first I got that feeling in my stomach that I used to get with Alex. That one like nothing bad could happen when I was with him. Secondly, Pete asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. And last but not least he asked me to join him on the rest of the tour and I said yes,” I say excitedly.

“Lexi, I’m so excited for you. Oh! Andy asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes. I’m joining the tour on Wednesday. What are you doing?” she asks.

“I’m going tonight. I didn’t miss any school this year. Why not miss the last three days,” I say.

“That’s true. Who is going to drive the car back to the apartment?” she asks.

“I can. I’ll just ask one of the guys to come with me. Since your not going to be with them until Wednesday,” I say, “I’m going to go sit with Pete.”

I walk back over to Pete and sit next to him.

“Want to drive to my house with me after the show? I have to get my car back to my house. I thought Ally could ride in the bus back to our place,” I say, “”There will be something in it for you.”

“Well I would have gone no matter what. And I don’t want you to do anything you aren’t ready for,” he says smiling.