Sequel: Without You Around
Status: Active

You Belong With Me

001

I was rudely awakened, for about the fifth time during the flight, by a stewardess tapping me on the shoulder.

“We’ve just landed sweetheart,” the lady said parting her red painted lips in a fake smile.

“Oh, thanks,” I said with my voice still groggy.

She just sent me a nod, before moving towards the back of the cabin. I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my backpack from under the seat. I slightly stumbled as I stood up because my left leg had fallen asleep while I was napping. I made my way through the tunnel and into the overcrowded, and hot terminal by dodging tons of non-observant travelers.

As I approached baggage claim, someone practically jumped on my back.

“ADDISON!!” I heard the familiar voice of my college roommate, Alice, practically scream in my ear.

“Alice!” I said spinning around to give her a hug, “They didn’t say you’d be picking me up! Hell, they didn’t even tell me you’d be on the tour!”

“I wanted it to be a surprise!” she said laughing, “Plus, I knew Jack would get lost if Matt sent him instead of me.”

“I know what you mean,” I said laughing.

We made random small talk while waiting for my bags. Once they came around on the carousal, we both grabbed one and drug them to the side so she could call whoever drove her here to pick me up.

As she talked on the phone, to Danny if I heard correctly, I pulled out my Blackberry and realized that it had caught up since I had gotten off of the plane, showing that I now had 5 new text messages.

A few were from my friends and parents, making sure I had a safe flight, but one particular made me extremely happy.

Sup girl ;) you better come find our bus right when you get settled on ATL’s bus so I can see your sexy ass! <3

I laughed at Sean’s text and quickly sent him a reply, trying to match his enthusiasm.

Hey boy hey! I just landed so I’ll be seeing your sexy bod soon ;) <3

“Okay, Danny said he just pulled up to the curb, so we need to head out there,” Alice said grabbing a bag again.

I quickly grabbed the other, and we exited the cool, air conditioned airport, only to end up on a sticky sidewalk surrounded by heat and exhaust fumes. Soon enough, a black, rental SUV pulled up to the curb and out hopped the one, and only Danny Kurily.

“Addy, hey!” he said coming over and giving me a quick hug, “It’s been a while, how have you been?”

“I’ve been good,” I said as we made our way to the now open trunk, “How have you been?”

“Great, just touring non-stop,” he said helping me load my bags in.

We made a little bit more small talk as we got into the car and drove to the venue. When we got to the bus, I was practically tackled by Jack as he kept screaming how much he has missed me.

“Alright, Jack, if you don’t get off of me, I won’t be able to walk,” I said as he kept hugging me.

“But I love you so much!” he said getting off of me and helping me up, “At least I’m spending the whole summer with you!”

I let out a fake ‘yay’ causing everyone to laugh, and Jack to pout. Of course, that was short lived, considering Matt told him to show us our bunks. I quickly shoved my pillow and duffle into the space, before heading back up front.

“Alright Flyzik, what needs to be done for today?” I said getting into my tour managing mode.

“Well, I already went and checked in and got laminates. Here’s yours,” he said handing me a clip, “And the press schedule for tomorrow is tacked to the front board, so you can look at that. I think you need to take them to FUSE one, because I have to talk to some other people.”

“Alright, I’ll look at the schedule,” I said nodding at the information I had loaded on me, “So is there anything I need to do right now?”

“Nope, you should be good,” he said grabbing something from next to him on the bench, “And this is your radio. Don’t ask about the nickname, Jack picked them all.”

I read the label on my new radio, and instantly started laughing. In all caps the words HOT PANTS stood out with a winky face at the end. Matt gave me a quick, ‘I told you so look’ and I just clipped the radio to my belt. I secured the mic to my shirt collar and flipped it on.

“Well, since I’m not needed her, I’m gonna go see some old friends,” I said standing up, “I’ll keep the radio on in case I’m needed.”

Matt just waved me off, and I swiftly stepped off the bus into the sticky California air. Luckily, I found Sean’s bus quickly and pounded on the door. A disheveled looking Nat opened the door, but perked up when he saw me.

“Well if it isn’t Ms. Addison Bell,” he said letting me onto the bus, “I’m presuming you’re hear for Sean?”

“You know me too well,” I said laughing.

“I see you couldn’t resist my bod any longer,” Sean said emerging from the bunk area.

“Oh, that’s exactly why I’m here,” I said laughing and hugging my best friend, “So how have you been! We’re never home at the same times anymore!”

“I’ve been good, just living the dream,” he said flashing a smile, “And I know, I swear that the day I leave, is the day you arrive! I think the Denver stop will be the first time we will have been in Colorado at the same time since last New Years.”

“Shit, I think you’re right,” I said laughing.

We caught up for a few more minutes before Sean turned to me with a serious look.

“How are you going to deal with being on tour with Danny?”

“I’ll be fine. Sure, I may still have feelings for him, but it’s been almost 3 months since I’ve seen him,” I said shrugging off the idea, “Plus, he has a girlfriend from what Alice has told me. Anyways, there are tons of guys here, I can replace those stupid middle school feelings quickly.”

“I hope you’re right,” he said giving me a side hug.

"Hot pants, this is D. Hollywood, do you read me?"

I held up a finger for Sean to wait, and pressed the button down on my radio to reply.

"D. Hollywood, this is Hot Pants. What do you need?"

"Mickey Mouse wanted you to come back by 5 because we’re all going to eat."

"Tell Mickey I’ll be there"

I laughed at the ridiculous nicknames Jack had assigned all of us, and glanced at my watch. I noticed that it was close to 4:45, and sighed.

“Well, I guess I should get going so they don’t think I abandoned them,” I said standing up, “But don’t be a stranger!”

“You know I won’t be,” Sean said showing me off of the bus, “And same goes for you. You’re welcome over here anytime, not like you didn’t know that already.”

“You’ll be seeing a lot of me then,” I said giving him a quick hug.

He waved goodbye, before securing the bus door and I hurriedly made my way to All Time Low’s bus. The whole time I couldn’t get one thing off of my mind.

Did I still have feelings for Danny Kurily?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked it.
I have some big things planned for this one :)

Comments?
Subscribe?
Banner?