Sequel: Without You Around
Status: Active

You Belong With Me

005

“What the fuck happened last night,” I heard an unfamiliar voice say from next to me.

I quickly jolted awake, and almost fell off of the small couch I had been asleep on. I felt a hand grab my arm, and I looked up into the eyes of Josh. I took a quick look around, and realized I had no idea where I was. It was a bus, but an unfamiliar one.

“Oh, it’s just you,” I said calming myself, “But, where am I?”

“My bus,” he said releasing my arm, “I’m guessing you don’t remember coming back here.”

“Not in the least bit,” I said scratching my neck, “The last thing I remember is doing the 5 shot challenge against Joe I think.”

“Yeah, you guys both got pretty trashed from that,” he said laughing, “Need some Tylenol for the hangover?”

“I’m basically immune to hangovers,” I said shrugging, “But I could really use some coffee right now.”

“There’s bound to be a Starbucks around here somewhere,” Josh said standing up to stretch, “Oh, and we traveled to the next place last night, just incase you didn’t know.”

I muttered a few curse words under my breath, before finding my blackberry on the ground, and unlocking it. I had 40 new text messages and 25 missed calls from all of the ATL crew. All of them were asking where I was, and became more and more frantic as the night went on. As I scrolled through them I noticed that I had read and replied to one in the middle of the night.

I had sent a message saying only “I’m ob FYS’s bius, and drunk. Imbfine” to Danny at around 2:30 AM. After that I had only received a few more texts telling me to call as soon as I woke up.

“I should probably go show the guys and Alice that I’m actually breathing,” I said standing up and laughing, “But wanna get coffee after that?”

“Sure. I’ll give you my number and you can text me where to meet you,” he said putting his hand out for my BB, which I quickly passed off.

He punched his number in quickly, and then escorted me to the front of the bus. A few of the guys were awake, and I bid them farewell, before walking out into the already blistering sun. I pulled out my phone and dialed Alice’s number and waited for her to answer.

“OH MY GOD ADDISON, YOU’RE ALIVE!!!” she practically screamed into my ear when she answered.

“Uh, yeah I am,” I said holding the phone away a little, “I sent Danny a text last night informing him of my whereabouts. Where’s the bus though? I can’t find it?”

“It’s by the parking lot sign for lot C,” she said instantly, “You better explain when you get here.”

“Will do, Mother,” I said before hanging up on her.

Surprisingly, the sign was easy to find, as well as the bus. I unlocked the hatch where my suitcase was and grabbed the first outfit I could find. Then I punched the code into the keypad, and yanked it open as soon as the green light flashed. I smiled as the air conditioning washed over my body, and walked up the few stairs, only to be met by 9 pairs of eyes.

“Uhm, hi?” I said as they all stared at me, “I’m just going to go change now.”

“Oh no you don’t!” Jack said while standing up and blocking the aisle, “You owe us all an explanation missy.”

“What is there to explain?” I said shrugging, “I sent a text to Danny last night, like I told Alice, and I’m alive.”

“Why didn’t you tell us she texted you?!” Rian said turning towards a tired looking Danny.

“Because one, it was 2:30 in the morning. And two, because I forgot when I woke up,” he said holding his hands up, “But since you reminded me, she said she was on Four Year Strong’s bus.”

“Why were you on their bus?” Jack as still blocking my way.

“I ended up drinking with them after I literally ran into Josh,” I said trying to move around him, “Now, if you don’t mind, I want to change and go get coffee.”

“We’ll let it slide this time Addison,” Jack said trying to act fatherly, but next time, you’re in trouble.”

“Sure thing, Dad,” I said dragging out Dad, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to change out of last nights clothes.”

He moved away from the doorway to the bunks, and I slipped into the bathroom. I shed my jeans, camisole and Josh’s flannel, before replacing them with jean shorts and a white and orange striped tank top, as well as new undergarments. I removed my makeup, before replacing it with new minimal makeup, and reapplied my deodorant. I combed out my hair, and just left it down, considering it had only gotten a little wavy over the night.

I sent Josh a text, telling him where to meet me, before slipping on a pair of flip-flops and grabbing my purse. I picked my dirty clothes up, and made my out of the bus so I could put them in my laundry bag. I shoved them into the soon to be full bag, and closed the hatch waiting for Josh to show up.

“Sorry it took me so long,” I said once he got into hearing range, “I got hammered with questions by everyone.”

“It’s okay, they were probably just worried,” he said with a laugh, “And I found out there’s a Starbucks 2 blocks away.”

“Alright, sweet!” I said as we started walking, “They better have some good coffee cake made up, I’m famished.”

“You and me both. My stomach is empty with the exception of remnants of last nights alcohol,” Josh said as we exited the grounds.

The whole walk to Starbucks was filled with chatter and hardly any silence. I found out that Josh was from Worcester, Massachusetts and loved riding BMX. He also preferred cats to dogs, and had a strange fascination with wolves.

“I just don’t get how cats are better,” I said as we walked up on the Starbucks, “Dogs are way more fun! You can play with them, and they’re not as finicky.”

“But dogs are way more messy,” he said as we got into the short line, “At least cats don’t have to be bathed constantly, and can’t get super huge.”

“Let’s just agree to disagree,” I said walking up to the counter, “Hi, can I get a venti Iced Vanilla Latte along with some very berry coffee cake?”

“Sure, anything else?” the young cashier asked.

“Yeah, an iced upside down caramel macchiato and a piece of the chocolate chip coffee cake,” he said grabbing his wallet out.

“Alright, that’ll be $12.80,” she said punching everything in.

“I got it,” Josh said pushing my hand down and handing the girl some money.

I tried to protest, but was merely ignored as he received his change and we went to wait for our drinks. The barista announced our order shortly after, and we walked out to sit at a table in front of the store.

“So now that you know about me, tell me about you,” Josh said sipping his drink.

“Well, my name is Addison Marie, and I was born and raised in Boulder, and disliked it very much. I have one younger sister who I’m pretty close with, and an older half brother who I seldom see,” I said sipping my own drink, “Uhm, I have an 8 month old Chihuahua/Papillion mix named Dingo, and I’m missing him dearly. Oh, and Sean from 3OH!3 has been my best friend since second grade.”

“Why the dislike in Boulder?” Josh asked once I was done.

“Just mainly because ever since the boys blew up, which makes me stoked beyond belief, everyone thinks it’s such a cool place,” I said shrugging, “And really, it’s not. I mean, sure we have some of the best weed around, but there really isn’t a whole lot to do besides party.”

“It’s understandable,” he said nodding, “And I didn’t peg you as the type who toked up.”

“Most don’t, but what can I say, I am from Boulder,” I said laughing.

We continued our small talk, and picked at our coffee cake, before I saw a few familiar faces walking down the street. I sent them a small wave, and Josh looked back before nodding their presence. They walked into the Starbucks and we continued our small talk, before they came out and joined us.

“Hey guys,” I said as Danny and Vinny pulled chairs up to the table, “This is Josh from Four Year if you didn’t already know.”

“I think we met during a GK thing once,” Vinny said capturing him in a handshake.

“Ah that’s right,” Josh said smiling, “You were on one of the shoots, or something.”

They flew into conversation about their GK memory, so I turned to Danny, who looked about as tired as me.

“Rough night?” I asked him adjusting my sunglasses.

“Eh, kinda. I was pretty drunk, but I was supposed to wait up for you,” he said taking a swig of his coffee.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get a hold of you until 2:30,” I said looking down shamelessly, “If it makes you feel any better, my favorite tank top got ruined last night.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he said waving his hand, “If today wasn’t an off day, I’d be mad, but luckily it is.”

“True that,” I said polishing off my coffee

“Well, I think I’m going to try to take a nap on the bus, because this coffee just isn’t cutting it,” he said taking another swig, “I’ll see you later. Vinny, you staying?”

“Huh? No, I’m supposed to do some sort of inventory thing today according to Matt,” he said drinking some coffee, “Do you know what that means Addy?”

“Uhm, I think he just wants to know when to get the next order delivered,” I said trying to rack my brain, “I can help you if you want.”

“Alright I’ll take you up on that,” he said standing up, “See you in 45?”

“Sounds good,” I said as Danny stood up, “Bye for now guys!”

They waved, before they began down the street and were soon out of sight. I turned back to Josh, and noticed him thinking about something, but keeping his gaze fixed on me.

“Uhm, what are you doing?” I asked shifting under his gaze.

“You like him,” he said rather bluntly.

“Excuse me?” I said not sure I heard him right, “You’re saying I like Danny too?”

“It’s pretty obvious,” he said leaning back and shrugging, “Well, to me it was anyways. You two act like high schoolers around each other. All smiley and happy. It’s sickening almost.”

“I, uh, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said looking down to my cup and trying to ignore him, “Danny and I are just friends.”

“But you want it to be more. Am I right?” Josh asked leaning forward on his elbows.

“If I tell you no, you’ll think I’m lying,” I said looking up, “But if I say yes, I risk having a secret let out. So it’s a double ended sword, so to say.”

“I’ll take that as a yes,” he said smiling triumphantly, “But don’t worry, your secrets safe with me, and he enjoys your company as well.”

“I doubt it,” I said shrugging slightly, “But thanks for keeping the secret.”

He just nodded, and I silently waited for him to finish the remnants of his coffee, while I picked at the last bite of my coffee cake. Once he had taken his last drink of coffee, we stood up and threw our minimal trash away, before walking back towards the grounds for tomorrow.

We got to my bus first, and said our goodbyes, saying we’d catch each other tomorrow, before I climbed up the steps and relocked the door. I set my purse of the front couch, before finding Vinny and telling him we could start whenever.

As I turned to leave, I brushed against Danny, who was entering the lounge, and could’ve sworn I felt a small spark. I shook those thoughts out of my head quickly, before grabbing my keys and heading to the trailer to unlock it and start inventory.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoyed this chapter.
Things will start picking up between the 2 soon! I promise :)

comments? please and thanks :)