Sequel: Without You Around
Status: Active

You Belong With Me

006

Over the next two and a half weeks, Josh and I became friends, and hung out at every party we had the chance to attend. He would always ask me about how things were on the Danny front, and I would usually give him the same answer.

Danny and I had been hanging out a lot more, and I could feel my stupid crush becoming more intense by the day. Alice had found out I really did like Danny, and was constantly telling me to make a move, which I would push from my mind.

“All I’m saying is you need to lay some moves on your possible man candy,” Alice said as we walked back to the bus from Wal-Greens, “He’ll enjoy it, trust me.”

“You know I’m not that straight forward,” I said almost dropping my bags into a puddle, “And how would you, of all people, know he’d enjoy it.”

“Vinny and Danny tell each other everything. And I can get almost anything out of Vinny by bribing him,” she said as if I should already know, “Plus, you two are constantly hanging out, and if he didn’t like you, he wouldn’t be with you that much.”

“A girl can hope then, right?” I said as we came up on the bus, “Do you know what the plans are for tonight?”

“I think there’s a party at a local club for the tour,” Alice said punching the code in, “Are you going to come?”

“Maybe, but probably not,” I said placing the bags down, “I think I need just a night to relax. I’ve partied way to much lately.”

“I feel ya,” she said placing the Blue Moon in the fridge, “You may be here alone though, if you’re okay with that.”

“I’m a big girl,” I said laughing, “I’ll be fine. Plus, I’ll hurt anyone who tries to hurt me.”

“Atta girl!” she said laughing with me, “Well, I better go change, I think Matt wanted to go out to dinner before hand.”

“Alright, I’m just going to put on some PJ’s and lay in my bunk,” I said as I headed to the bunks, “Just let me know when y’all leave.”

She promised she would, and I padded my way into the bunk area, shedding my over shirt in the process. I adjusted my solid black tank top, before climbing into my bunk, and closing the curtain. Once that was done, I shimmied out of my Bermuda’s and slid on my purple cotton sleep shorts. I threw my hair into a loose sloppy bun, and snuggled into my comforter before grabbing my book from one of the pockets.

I slipped my earbuds in and put Title Fight on shuffle, before opening my book. My eyes slid over the pages that told Chris McCandless’ story, and felt myself getting more tired by the minute. About halfway through “No One Stays At The Top Forever”, my eyes grew unbelievably heavy, and I closed my book and snuggled deeper into my covers.

I wasn’t sure how long I was asleep, but I was woke up by someone slightly shaking my shoulder. I let out a small groan, before tugging my earbud out and facing the perpetrator.

“Hey Alice told me to tell you that they were leaving,” Danny said standing over me.

“Oh, thanks,” I said wiping the sleep, and most likely some eyeliner, from my eyes, “Are you headed out too?”

“Nah, I decided to take a night off from partying,” he said rousing his hair a little, “Like you are, according to Alice.”

“Yeah, I’m in need of a night to just lay around, and watch movies,” I said sitting up a bit, “Just out of curiosity, do you know if there’s a tattoo and piercing shop around here?”

“Uhm, I think I saw one down the street earlier,” he said leaning against the bunk opposite of mine, “Why do you ask?”

“I’m thinking of getting another piercing,” I said pulling my tank top down a little, “And I figured tonight would be one of the few nights I’d be able to actually go. Wanna go with me?”

“Sure, do you need to change?” he asked as he could see my full outfit.

“Yeah, do you have a pair of basketball shorts I could borrow? Mine are under the bus and I don’t feel like going out to get them.”

“Yeah, one sec.”

He walked to the bunk behind mine, and grabbed some shorts, before passing them off to me. I decided to just slip then on over my sleep shorts, considering they’d sag, and was ready to go. I slipped on my black flip-flops, along with my gray BANE hoodie, and followed Danny to the front of the bus.

I slid my ID, as well as my debit card, into my pocket before walking down the steps and into the semi-cool night air. The walk to the parlor was filled with mindless conversation, and before I knew it we were in the sterile smelling, bright lit shop.

“What can I do for you hun?” a middle aged woman, covered in tattoos, asked me as I walked up to the counter.

“I was just wondering if you had someone open to do a hip piercing tonight,” I said hoping she would say she did.

“I believe Melinda is open, but lemme check.”

She walked into one of the back stalls, and reappeared with a heavily tattooed and pierced woman, sporting a mohawk. The older lady informed me that Melinda would be able to fit me in, and left the 2 of us to talk.

“So Judy said something about a hip piercing,” Melinda said adjusting one of her barbells, “Were you looking at just one? Or both?”

“I was thinking both, just to get it over with,” I said as Danny walked up from looking at the merchandise.

“Alright, let me just grab an ID from you, and I’ll have you fill out some paperwork,” she said reaching behind the counter and grabbing a folder.

I handed her my ID, which was replaced in my hand by a clipboard and paperwork. I walked to the small waiting area, and sat down on a chair and started filling out the basics.

“So, what exactly are you getting done?” Danny asked as he sat next to me.

“I’m getting my hips pierced,” I said still working on my paperwork, “Would you mind if I put you down as the emergency contact, considering you’re with me?”

“Yeah, that’s fine,” he said before rattling off his number so I could fill in the blanks.

Melinda came back a few minutes later and gave me my ID back, before taking the paperwork, and checking it over. She told me everything was okay, and explained the pricing before leading back to her stall.

“Just lay down on table, and remove you hoodie,” she said as she started to grab stuff out of her drawers, “You can pull that chair up to her if you want.”

Danny nodded, and slid the chair next to the table and plopped into it while I got comfortable on the table. I took my hoodie off and handed it to him, before pulling my tank top up a little, so my hips would be exposed.

“Alright, so I’m going to clean your skin, and then I’ll have to clamp it in the areas where the barbell will pass through,” Melinda said as she set the stuff on the side table, “Then we’ll stick the hollow point needle through and place the barbell. Are you ready?”

“Yeah, I think so,” I said looking over at Danny, “Can I squeeze your hand for comfort?”

He just smiled and nodded, and grabbed my hand in his, before I closed my eyes and waited for Melinda to start.

She counted down from 3, and I felt the needle rush through my skin. I tightened my grip around Danny’s hand, I felt him rub the back of it in a comforting manner. Melinda did the same thing on the other side, and I let out a breath I wasn’t aware I was holding when she was done.

She gave me the rundown of the keep up, before giving me the care sheet, and escorting me to the front so I could pay. Somehow, Danny’s hand remained in mine, and it stayed there all while I was paying, and even after we had left the shop.

“So, now what are we going to do Addison?” he asked as we approached our bus.

“Movies and Blue Moon?” I suggested as he punched the code in, “We bought a pack at the store today. And I even remembered the orange.”

“Then it sounds perfect,” he said opening the small fridge, “Want to pick out the movie and grab a few blankets while I get these ready?”

“Sure, genre preference?” I said as he began slicing the orange.

“Anything but musical,” he said with a chuckle, “I don’t think I can handle one of those sober.”

I nodded at his request, and went to the bunks to grab some blankets. I grabbed the extra one off of my bunk, and didn’t get another because it was fairly large and cover the both of us easily. I threw it on the back lounge’s main couch and started rifling through the DVD drawer.

“Perfect,” I whispered to myself while drawing out a DVD and placing it into the player.

“You know, talking to yourself isn’t the sanest thing,” Danny said walking in and handing me a beer, “But then again, you aren’t the sanest person.”

“A-ha. That was just hilarious,” I said laying the sarcasm on thick and laughing.

“So what movie did you end up picking?”

“Texas Chainsaw Massacre!” I said turning out the lights and sliding onto the couch, “The remake, though, not the old one. That one sucks.”

Danny made a noise of approval, before he threw the blanket over us and I pressed play on the remote. I subconsciously scooted closer to Danny, and I felt him put his arm on the couch above my shoulders.

“This was a stupid movie to pick,” I said as I hid my face for the 30th time in 20 minutes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you,” Danny said dropping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer.

During the remainder of the movie, I hid my face in Danny’s chest every time I got scared. Once the movie ended, we replaced it with Catch Me If You Can, and I felt myself getting sleepier by the minute.

I made it a little over an hour into the movie, before cuddling into Danny’s side and letting my eyes remain shut. As I felt my breathing slow down, I couldn’t help but to smile at the situation I was in, and the pleasing aroma coming from Danny’s warm body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!!!! :D

I think I'm going to make this 10 chapters long, because I have an idea for a sequel! And maybe a short trequel after that.
We'll see though!