Status: I'm taking my sweet time with this one. Updates will be random, but I hope I don't fail no one. Thanks for reading.

Haywire

Wake up!

Chapter 2

“ You better get up soon, or dragon lady will make an early appearance...” Mark sing-songs in my year.

“ Oh no, here you are again. I was so sure that I locked the dungeon last night, but I guess those shackles aren’t enough to keep annoying little shits away, hum?” Ah, the sweet beginning to a new day. Insult your brother with threats of bonding. We’re weird.

“Meh, I guess they were fine...I prefer the fuzzy pink cuffs though. They are more my style and they match my underwear you know?” He says with a perfect straight face.

“ Get off my bed you little punk. Geez, I guess my beauty sleep will forever be disrupted by your impossibly early wake up calls. I blame you for premature ageing. Next thing you know, I’ll be walking around school with a cane. Mind you, an impossibly cool one and I’ll be sure to make it work!” I say whilst getting up.

“ Argh! My eyes, my poor innocent little eyes. When did those come out? I’m scared! Argh! Cover them up! Quick! You can still save this poor guy from a robbed innocence! Do something for humanity!” He covers his eyes and wails like the drama queen he is.

“ Shut up! These are something that the human female species get when they reach puberty. They are called breasts. Wonder what happened to you though? I seem to remember something that went along the lines of boys getting a substantial growth burst, including in their genitalia? Oh my bad, it seems that the puberty fairy wasn’t too generous with you hum? Maybe you are an undeveloped little girl after all. Eh he!” I trail of snickering

“ Oh ha ha! You are SO funny you know. I’m seriously having a difficult time breathing. That’s how hard I’m laughing.” Oh sarcastic. Nice.

“ Oh I’m so proud of you little one. I taught you well. That attitude brings tears of joy to my eyes. How about you start using all that with mom? I might hold my title pretty high up as the bad daughter, but I’ll bet with the tiniest effort you might take it as the bad son? Eh, how’s that uh?” I ask him whilst putting on one big loose shirt that almost reaches my knees over my underwear that I slept in.

“ Why do that? I can get away with mom blaming you for my shortcomings! I can raise hell on earth and blame it all on you! Ah life IS sweet... Hey, bring Skip down if you find him ok? I can’t find him, if you can look for him? Thanks sis, I’m going to see if Isabella has driven Elaine up the walls with her screeching.”

“Oh, was that what it was? For a moment there I thought we needed to call animal rescue or something. That sound an awful lot like someone choking a poor cat! Why can’t you find the dog? He sleeps with you every day! Missing your bed pal? You know, you’re coming to an age were girls start to become, boys and not to mention girls, choice of bed company. Do we have to get therapy for this oh brother of mine? Ha ha!” Oh I’m so nice these days.
“Ha, oh my god, you are like, SO funny! Shut up and bring the dog downstairs. And by the way, if we do need therapy, I don’t think it will be for that. I bet it has something to do with mom and this crap sample of a family.” He says on his way out, closing my door

“You know it bro.” I shout through the door, pulling on some shorts as well.

I don’t think Mark has ever been that worried about our mother treatment of us, but lately he seems to bring this stuff on more often then not. I know something is cracking him. Maybe he finally grew some. Ah, I love him to death, but sometimes he can be a bit of a flat Cola. Don’t get me wrong, he is my best friend. He’s my twin for gods sake. We’ve pulled each other through crap, and survive this god dam freak family, and in my opinion, still manage to be somewhat normal.

I look around my bedroom at the moment and the only thing I see is all cardboard boxes and stuff packed. We’re moving later on today to California. I can’t say I’ll miss NY that much, I think this will actually prove to be a good thing. I don’t know, I just have a feeling. I told this to Mark, and he said that it was great that we were getting a psychic in the mix. I could go right ahead and get the maths test result in advance with my feelings. He’s so understanding. A real sensitive boy that one.

I see my guitar and the amps and stuff like the pedals all stacked up against the wall. Maybe I should try to play again when we get to Cali. I heard a lot about the music scene there. I look to my right and in the opposite wall are all my books and CDs. God, so many boxes. I have a lot of crap man.

Ah, better get downstairs. Maybe I won’t be shouted at by Mother this morning. We can always hope for life’s little miracles. Sheesh, I wish I was more religious in these moments, you know? Oh well, time to face the troops.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Again, feedback is needed and totally apreciated. Bring some friends over as well. Get them to read it too. I promise I won't mind. REALLY!. Next update will be longer, I promise. Take care. Debora