Status: may be deleted ==.

Project Makeover: Verity Dream

Nate

Dream came home and was greeted with a tight embrace from her brother, Elion. Elion and Dream shared similar appearances and it was obviously they were siblings as they both had the same milky white skin; but her brother's eyes were darker blue, like their dads, when his hair was lighter brown. Elion was currently living near the university he attended and so he would call in occasionally to visit. Dream loved her brother the most; if it was anyone who defined who she was today, it was Elion. He and Dream had been little adventurers when they were kids and it was Elion who got Dream to dream and imagine and always have an open mind towards the perception of life. He knew not to call her Verity when one day playing out in the garden Elion had taken a liking to Verity's middle name and started calling her Dream when they played adventure islands together. He taught her that in her imagination, possibilities and dreams were endless.

"So baby sis, how's school?" Elion asked, ruffling her hair in a brotherly affection.

"Same, same. It's boring here without you El," she sighed and she suddenly thought about that Bryce boy who talked to her today. She wondered if she would tell Elion but then again, what was so special about that boy anyway? He'd just ignore her at school and they'd live as if that talk at the mall never occurred.

"Oh you miss me, you really miss me!" Elion cheered dramatically, acting like a drama queen. Dream rolled her eyes and softly punched his stomach.

"Of course. I miss our games," she laughed softly then sighed again.

Why did people have to grow up? Being a child was so much bliss and ignorance is bliss no doubt. In Dream's imagination, she was her six year old self, playing with her nine year old brother, not having a care in the world. And then the world abruptly became shit when she hit thirteen and hormones took over. Reality. She hated it. She hated verity.

"I know, me too baby sis but we're growing up and we've got less time to ourselves," Elion smiled sadly.

"Yeah..." she grinned slyly and giggled. "But in Dreamworld you must not forget! We have all the time in the world!"

Elion smiled wide as his sister and agreed.

Dreamworld was what Dream's imagination was called and inside one island they both particularly loved was Adventure Island.

"Do you remember on Adventure Island when you took out the evil Chrissie Serpent?" Her brother laughed, and Dream laughed along. Of course she remembered. Even when Dream had not yet hit puberty, Chrissie had been around and she was that kid who was the spoilt brat. It's true that Chrissie was worse now—or was she worse back then? Either way, Chrissie was a bitch as a kid, and she still was now. Dream had not taken a liking to her when everyone did and so even from then she was going to be 'unpopular'. That didn't bother her, Elion didn't like her either and so they made her a hideous serpent in their beloved childish games.

"How could I forget El? We brought her down with the power of knowledge," she winked and they both laughed. Dream had seen for herself just how stupid Chrissie the popular girl had shown her in class when she thought the photosynthesis had something to do with photography in year eight—but really, everyone thought that as well, but we're talking about Chrissie here. Even now, Chrissie was giving off that she was just as ignorant and stupid.But not when it came to intimacy with guys.

"You're such a little kid," Elion stated, not with a tone that told her he was insulting her or laughing inside.

"Yeah well, maybe that's 'cause when I was a kid, the world didn't matter. I could be ignorant and well...fine with it," she mumbled with slight annoyance. Didn't her brother feel the same? Didn't he want their childhood dreams to come back?

"But that's life. You have to accept it and move on. You're growing up baby sis, but you don't have to lose your childhood the way you think you're losing it," he consoled, squeezing my shoulder with a comforting half-smile.

"I... thanks Elion."

~~~

Later that day Dream decided it was time to go walking. What was more relaxing than having alone time in the freshness that nature surrounded you with? If Dream had realized that guy would be here, maybe she'd have thought twice about 'relaxing'.

"Dream! Hold up!" He called behind her and she wanted to bad to bolt back home to safety and closure.

Dream involuntarily whirled around as his hand clutched for her shoulder. He was panting like crazy; like he just ran a marathon.

"I'm Nate, if you don't know me. Bryce's friend. I...uh...saw you two talking before at the mall," he panted and smiled crookedly.

What another rare occasion. Someone else was talking to her, much less this guy. Dream knew of Nate—that guy, Bryce's friend. He was a player, a playboy, a womanizer, the ladies man; you name it—this guy couldn't be out to get her too could he? She was pretty sure he went for the big-boobed bimbos like Chrissie.

"Um...hi," Dream replied monotonously, turning back around to continue her afternoon stroll that consisted of relaxation, not a bothersome minor interrogation by this person.

"So, I didn't know you lived around here. I live right there!" He pointed behind him, only Dream didn't spare a glance as her care factor stayed at zero.

"So, what are you doing?" He asked. What does it look like?! She wanted to shout. She became annoyed at his persistent questions; like a puppy wanting attention. Maybe he had ADD...

"Trying to relax," Dream said eventually and he looked as lost as she would feel if she were stuck in a labyrinth.

"Oh! Me too! Surfing's takes a lot of energy out of me so I after I eat I run about ten laps around that oval and then do my daily stretches and such. Then I just like to stroll around the park," he chuckled and walked next to her. Thanks... I really needed to know your daily exercise routine.

But Dream was surprised at how much he could do exercise-wise; she was also surprised that right at that moment, she wanted to be mean; she wished to be a bully and tell him to F word off. But she was reserved and had good self control to become a reckless girl. All the while Dream thought the only thing she could do to keep slim and sort of healthy was to talk daily walks, drink a lot of water and the rest was up to her metabolism. When she sideways glanced at him, she saw just how fit he really was. She didn't want to admit it, and she wouldn't admit it much less out loud, but in her mind she was attracted to the muscle exposed as he only wore a white singlet which furthermore accentuated his toned body underneath. She averted her eyes away, becoming flustered beside him.

"C-can I ask...why are you talking to me?" She finally blurted out and they stopped short of walking as Nate took a double take.

"Is it wrong for me to speak to you?" He sort of said amusedly.

"Well...I think it's best if you socialize with people more in your crowd," she tried to hint like, someone who's not me!

"Truth is... Bryce talking to you has somehow bothered me... I mean! If he can hold a conversation with you, maybe you're not that bad—um, that all came out wrong," he scratched the back of his head with an apologetic smile.

"Whatever. I'm used to it; can't deny I'm a loner," she rolled her eyes and started walking away before he grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

"Sorry! But seriously, Bryce looked really into you," he blurted out and Dream blushed quickly. Phrases like 'he's into you' or 'he reckons you're cool' or even 'he's got the hots for you' were bothersome phrases for a girl like Dream. A girl who never experienced a boy liking her.

"Um, can you please not say that..." She murmured firmly as she hid her rosy-pink tinted cheeks.

"Well, I was thinking, maybe you'd want to come out with us next weekend to go movies. Bryce is definitely coming and I think with you being there he won't be such a debbie downer, if you get what I mean," he offered and the thought of Bryce being there made Dream blush more.

Why was she so bothered over some boy she hardly knew?

"I don't think I—"

"Hey, I'd really like you to come. I'll shout you. Compensation for the stupid things I've said to you before," he offered again with a bright smile.

Dream looked at Nate. A guy she assumed only socialized with girls who had big breasts, blond hair and a face packed with make-up. Him talking to her now proved him not narrow-minded like she thought. Dream could really look at him and his big, bright blue eyes that sparkled with sincerity and know that he wasn't mocking her and her loneliness.

Assumptions were also always never the way to judge someone, after all.

"Okay...I guess I'll have to come then, if you're paying."
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS SO EXTREMELY LATE! SORRY D:

Ahaha Dream is really evil....not :P

Don't worry! It'll get better >< And yes I changed the title and the layout > which has nothing to do with makeovers o.o
Next chapter = movie 'date' thingo and WOOH WOOH will sparks fly?HELL NO!!
FIND OUT >>

Though there are few comments since the beginning I need to say thank you still :)
cassi3_16
FangObsessedPsycho
PhoebenPaige

Until next time ~