Gods on Trial

Chapter 4

Leto cocked her head slightly as Pluto strode towards her.

“Leto, wonderful to see you again,” Pluto greeted. Leto smiled in return.

“Same to you, Pluto. Thanks for not putting my wonderful children on trial.” Pluto nodded as Jupiter rolled his eyes.

“Can we get on with this already?” Jupiter asked impatiently. Minerva nodded.

“Yes, Pluto your questions,” Minerva ordered, it was easy to see that she was already getting edgy.

“Of course, Leto, did you and Jupiter have an affair?” Leto nodded.

“Well of course,” Jupiter swiveled his head around.

“We never had an affair!” Leto pointed an angry finger towards her two children.

“Then where did they come from?” Jupiter looked lost for an answer as Pluto smiled.

“Yes Jupiter, where did they come from?” Jupiter looked between Apollo and Diana but didn’t say anything for a while.

“What does that have to do with anything?” He said finally. Pluto snapped his fingers.

“Yes, what indeed. Well let’s see, last time I checked Juno has you on house arrest. Am I right?” Jupiter glared at his brother but didn’t make a move to contradict him.

“So wouldn’t it be nice if you had a way to go visit the many women without your wife knowing? And you know what would help you do that? Being invisible!” Pluto said finally. I probably would of believed that if I didn’t know my sister was sitting with the Helm in a bag under her chair.

“No further questions.” Pluto said as he headed back to his seat. Minerva nodded before pointing her spear at Diana.

“Would you like to ask anything?” Diana rose signaling a yes. She paced for a while, her white robes swirling as she moved.

“Was Jupiter invisible when he visited you?” Diana asked finally. Leto smiled and shook her head at her daughter.

“No, sweetheart, I could see him,” Diana nodded.

“No further questions.” Diana said. Jupiter nodded and made to get up when Minerva threw up her spear.

“Hold on, now we have to ask the jurors if you’re guilty.” Jupiter threw his hands up in annoyance before sitting back down and glaring at the jurors. “Well?” Minerva asked turning to face the three mortals. I watched them talk for a few seconds before shaking their heads.

“We don’t think he did it,” one of them said finally. Minerva nodded and went to let Jupiter go when one of the other jurors started yelling.

“PUT HIM IN TARTURUS!” Minerva turned back to view the juror as Jupiter looked murderous. I could hear one of the other jurors telling him to shut up. It seemed to work as he suddenly calmed down.

“Alright, next witness.” Minerva said. Pluto pointed to Juno.

“Juno,” He said lazily as Jupiter went to sit with Vesta and Ceres. He was muttering under his breath as he sat down, from where I was it sounded like he said “he’s so not getting a birthday present now,” but I really couldn’t be sure.

“Juno,” Minerva said calmly. Juno stood up and we all flinched as her white robes snapped to attention as she stood. Juno didn’t look down as she walked towards the table her husband had just occupied. Always prideful and beautiful, you would feel bad for her if she didn’t have such a wrath.

“Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or else risk the wrath of the furies?” Juno raised an eyebrow, which caused her messenger/ daughter Hebe to scurry off in fear.

“Juno, you have to swear to it,” Minerva said. Juno didn’t look fazed.

“In all honestly I don’t even know why I’m here. I’ve done nothing wrong and I don’t appreciate being accused either,” Juno said scornfully. Pluto raised a hand.

“Doesn’t matter, she’ll tell the truth,” Juno crossed her arms.

“Yes I will, now why don’t we get this little charade out of the way shall we?” I looked over to Erato and the bag at her feet. Charade is right, how long can we really keep this up?
♠ ♠ ♠
I reserve the right not to update unless I get a review.