Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Ash Weasley

At one minute to 11 a small company of people rushed through the barrier, they didn't have much time to take in the picture, yet they all caught their breath when they crashed through the brick wall on the 3 pillar in between platforms 9 and 10 and entered platform 9 3/4. In front of them the candy red train stood proudly, steam pushing out of the chimney, signaling that the ride of a lifetime was about to begin. All along the platform families stood together talking, laughing, hugging each other. Mothers and fathers bid their children farewell and wished them a good year in Hogwarts, where they would soon arrive and learn about the mysteries of the magic world and how to successfully use this magic to succeed in life in the wizarding world.

As soon as the whole company had run through the barrier they only had time for a quick farewell call to the plump red haired women and her red haired husband, Molly and Arthur Weasley, before the train blew it's whistle to signal that it was about to depart. Quickly they made their way into the train, heaving their trunks along. As soon as everyone was inside the train it started to move. Together they gave the platform and the two Weasleys one last look and then searched for a empty cabin.

Next to a brown haired boy with the green eyes and the lightning shaped scar on his forehead, listening to the name of Harry Potter, the red haired boy with brown eyes and freckles, named Ron Weasley and a brown untamed haired girl with her brown eyes, called Hermione Granger (commonly known as the Golden Trio) were Ron's younger sister Ginny Weasley - who soon abandoned the small group to sit with girls of her own age - and another girl with reddish blond hair and warm green eyes. Together with the Golden Trio, she made her way towards an empty cabin.

Once they had found one they started to settle in, getting the trunks stored away, fighting over who would sit at the window - Harry and Ron won - and getting comfortable for the long train ride ahead.

"So... tell me about the people in Hogwarts, who do I have to be careful with, who can I trust?" the blond girl asked the Trio after all the small talk on music, food, colours, favourites and etc. had already been exhausted.

"Well, we told you about Neville and Luna already, also there are the Patil sisters Dean and Sean... you know the people from the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Huffelpuff are all awesome people, which you can always get along with. You only have to be careful around the Slytherins." Hermione explained.

"Oh yes, be careful with the Slytherins! They are known for their cunningness, but another main trait of theirs is that most of them come from Death Eater families and are destined to become one as well." Ron added.

"And you'll have to be especially careful of Draco Malfoy" Harry continued.

"Draco Malfoy? What about him?"

"Do you really want us to list all of it?" Hermione laughed, "Let’s just say, he's an spineless, arrogant, snide git who thinks he's better than everyone else."

"Wait... Malfoy... Malfoy... Ron, is he the guy who always called Hermione a Mudblood, that you told me about?"

"Yes, that’s him."

"Oh, OK... well, sound like an ass to me." The four of them laughed as the compartment door slide open.

"Speaking of me, are we now?" Everyone looked up. In the compartment door stood a tall and slender boy with pale skin and silvery blond hair. He was looking at the Trio, seemingly not noticing the fourth person in the compartment.

"What makes you feel so special that you would think we were talking about you, Malfoy?" Harry asked while glaring at the boy with the knife sharp features.

"Hmm, nothing I only heard ass and knew you had to be thinking of me," Malfoy smirked.

"Ah, damn, it seems we didn't do a good job in hiding our opinion of you," Hermione countered.

"Whatever Mudblood," Draco sneered while rolling his eyes.

"You little spinle-" Ron started but was cut off by a look Hermione gave him.

"It's OK Ron," she whispered.

"No it isn't!" Ron insisted "why do you let him call you that?"

"I... I... Just leave it"

"You heard Mudblood, Weaselbe, leave it." Draco sneered with his smirk plastered on his face again. Harry was about to jump up from his seat and hit Draco, but his other companion was faster. Time seemed to stop as they heard the sound of skin against skin and saw Malfoy's head turn sideways.

"What the fuck?" he asked looking down at his assaulter, the tall strawberry blond girl with green eyes, pale skin and pink baggie pajama pants.

"You ask what the fuck? No, no, no, Mister. I have to ask, what the fuck? Who the hell do you think you are calling anyone Mudblood?"

"Who are you?"

"I asked first."

"Well I'm not giving an answer before I know who you are."

The girl eyed him suspiciously. "Ash Weasley's the name, and now what’s your problem with my cousin and his friends?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know I kind off started in the middle of the story, but I hate the awkwardness of a first Chapter.
Also please be aware that I wrote this story 2 years ago and only started re-writing it from chapter 7. Hence the first few chapters suck a bit, but stay tuned because they'll gradually get better!
Hope you still like it though!
Comment!