Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Fulfilling a Promise

Ash slowly opened her eyes when her consciousness returned to her and she started to wake up. Yawning she let her legs slip over the side of the bed and stood up stretching. Only glancing at the clock she had finally bought herself a week ago - it said 6:20. Groaning, she grabbed a few things to put on and went into the shower.

It had been nearly two weeks since that conversation and even though they discussed things everyday, they didn't really get any further. What did Draco do in the Room of Requirements? What could be another Horcrux of Voldemort? Questions over questions, but the only thing they were able to answer was who Bogrod the Bearded was and how Urg the Unclean helped in the Goblin Rebellion.

When she finished getting presentable, she walked out of the bathroom and nearly got an heart attack!

On her bed sat Draco. He had started to look better, getting more sleep, actually showing his face in the public again, looking after his appearance... Whatever he needed to do for the Dark Lord, he'd gotten somewhere.

"Bloody Hell Draco!" she gasped, when she calmed a bit.

"Did I scare you?" Draco said with his tattle tale smirk.

"No, you just surprised me, Why are you here? And how did you get here?"

"Today is such nice weather, I don't want to spend the whole day on my own," he said quietly and let his upper body fall onto her bed, closing his eyes in the process. "And I got here through the door."

"Y-you want to do something with me?"

"Yes! Lets go a run together!... well more like, you run and I cling to you for dear life again," he said laughing.

Ash looked at Draco with wide eyes. "What makes you think I would do something with you?"

Draco propped himself up on his elbows, so the he could see her better. "Why would you not?"

"Oh, maybe because when you fucked that bitch you also fucked up our relationship and any chance of us being friends," Ash fumed.

"Oh your such a pansy."

"No you fucked Pansy, you chauvinistic ass," Ash countered with a glare.

"I also fucked you," he countered with a sly grin, infuriating Ash even more. Seeing red she jumped on him and pinned him to her bed sheets. With an growing smirk Draco took in the situation. "Wanna do it again, huh?"

As the words reached Ash, she started to take in their body posture and got wide eyed. Swiftly she tried to get of her ex-boyfriend again, but he had used her confusion to flip them over, so that he was now on top of her.

"Get off of me!" Ash screamed, trying to wiggle herself free of his grip.

"And what do I get for that?" he said seductively, letting his face near hers.

"No!" she said when his lips nearly touched her own and quickly she turned her head to the side, fighting back tears. She could feel his hand let go of her arm and travel down the side of her body. She stiffened.

Suddenly she felt Draco give her a peck on the cheek and start laughing, pushing himself off of her. "Merlin! You should have seen your face!" he laughed before looking at her. When he saw her face and crying form, he froze. "You... you really did think that I would rape you!" Draco gasped astonished and stepped a few steps away from her. "What do you think of me?" he asked shocked. But he forgot about that as soon as he clearly saw Ash, cradling herself on her bed.

"Fuck, Ash!" he cried and quickly got to her side, pulling her against his chest and holding her tight, letting her cry against his chest. "Ash I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that," he chanted into her ear, rocking her shaking form for comfort. "I was only joking."

Slowly he felt his ex-girlfriend relax her muscles against him and felt her snake her arms around him for a stronger hold.

"Shhh," he cooed into her ear softly, "everything will be alright, nothing bad is going to happen to you. Shhhh."

After another few minutes Ash finally stopped crying and soon after that she let her arms around Draco retreat and slid away from him. Watching her every move with worried eyes, Draco let her go without protest. Slowly she got off the bed and started to walk up and down the room.

"I'm sorry," Draco said softly.

"You should be," Ash spat. "Rape is in no way a laughing matter," she said quietly, more to herself then him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'd rather not."

"Does it... does it have to do something with that Patrick person? The one that attacked us at the Haunted shack?" he interrogated quietly.

Looking at him with a sideways glance, Ash sighed and started walking towards the door, just before she walked out of it, she motioned Draco to follow her, with a nod of her head. Together they walked out of the dorms, out of the common room, out of the castle, without ever meeting another living soul.

Once outside the castle, Ash turned into her wolf form and waited for Draco to transform as well and make himself comfortable around her waist. Feeling his scaly skin wrap around her furry waist once again, made shivers run along her body and as soon as she could, she sprinted off into the woods.

Tree after tree rushed past them, the fresh morning air brushed their faces and ran along their bodies and the rising sun tainted the sky in the colour of strawberry ice cream and lightened their way.

Throughout the trip, they didn't say a word to each other. Letting their minds run loose in their own secret thoughts.

Finally Ash slowed down and came to an halt shortly before they reached an specific clearing. Changing back into their own human forms, they walked over to the clearing.

It was the clearing that they had often run of too when they were still together. The clearing that Draco had brought her on their first date. They hadn't visited this clearing since the time where Ash promised Draco that she would tell him her story one day, but it was still the same as always. A small clearing right at the edge of a cliff that was looking over the whole mountain panorama around them. The first time they came here, the sun just happened to sink behind the gigantic stones and taint the whole sky in a fiery red, but today the sun behind them and tainted the snowy tops of the mountains and the freezing sky above them in a warm and comfortable pink.

With a sigh Ash walked over to the cliffs edge and sat down, her legs hanging over the abyss. Quietly Draco followed her example and waited for her to speak. Together they watched the changing colours of the sky as the sun rose behind them.

"You want to know my story?" she finally said and glanced over at the boy next to her. He kept staring at the landscape, but nodded - signalling to her that he was listening. Turning her head back to the view, Ash fingered the ring on her finger and began to tell him everything.

She told him about Patrick, who he was, what he meant to her... what he did - at that part she noticed Draco stiffen, remembering this morning and finally understanding her reaction.

She told him about the death of her parents and the reason why she didn't think to fondly of Death Eaters - again she saw him stiffen and bite his lips with guilt.

She told him about her escape and her life in the muggle world.

She told him about the time her family found her at the Englischer Garten.

She told him about their desperate attempts to bring her back to normal.

She told him everything that happened before she came to Hogwarts, never did Draco interrupt her.

When she finished, the tears still flowed over her face freely, but she never brushed them away. Looking up at the sun in silence, she noticed that it had reached the peak of its daily span and was already starting to sink as the afternoon began.

After what seemed an eternity of silence, Draco finally spoke. "Thank you," was all he said before he stood up and turned to leave.

"Is that all you've got to say?" Ash demanded.

"I don't know what else I could say," he replied.

Ash smiled, as she continued staring out at the landscape and let Draco leave her. As soon as he reached the end of the clearing, he turned into the yellowish white snake again and slithered away into the shadows, leaving Ash all alone in the clearing, sun burning down on her.

Some time later that day, a few Hogwarts students saw her emerge from the forbidden forest and walk up the lake where she had seen her cousin and his friends sit and talk, while enjoying the warm sun. When she reached them, they smiled at her and laughing Hermione pulled out a stray branch from the Slytherin girls hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
ARGH!! I can't get myself to concentrate on my stupid exams -.- so annoying!

Hope you liked the Chapter!