Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Same But Different

After the conversation with Draco, Ash finally felt the last strings of their relationship snap and free her. Finally she was able to breath freely again, finally she could see past the barriers of her shattered heart. Start to mend it and regain power over her self and the situation. Fulfilling her promise with Draco was the best thing she could have done for herself.

The last two weeks she had spend with her family - yes she considered Harry and Hermione part of the family - and had gotten a sneak preview on their lives and the puzzles they were always thinking about. She learned to understand the situation and them. She knew that she was now a part of it, that she couldn't hide or run away any more, but she wouldn't have wanted to either. She was a part of that dark and sinister world they had been thrown into and she would fight for it with all her might.

But only after graduation, Ash told herself with a small loopy smile. Sure the three of them were already in the middle of the whole war, but she was still an outsider. She was still an Slytherin. Brave? Yes. Suicidal? Maybe. Stupid enough to jump right into action without the real need having arose yet? No, definitely not.

Another thing she had come to notice during the last few days - especially after the conversation with Draco - were the feelings she had come to push away or didn't acknowledge. She missed her friends, she missed Tracy and she definitely missed Blaise. Two weeks are a long time to be separated from the people you love the most...

Currently she was sitting on a lonesome bench at the train station of Hogsmeade, playing with the moonstone ring that Blaise had given her for Christmas. Hagrid had agreed to take her with him so that she could be the first to welcome her friends when they got home.

Hagrid was standing a few meters away from her and was looking out into the night, hoping to spot the nearing train.

Finally a smile spread across his face, "their 'ere," he told her.

"Merlin! I'm excited!" Ash answered with a grin on her face and jumping off the bench. Quickly she raced over to were Hagrid was standing and strained her eyes to see.

Hagrid didn't lie. There the candy red train was, slowly emerging in the distance and growing in height gradually. Soon they could hear the first rolling sounds, next they could here the whistle of the train blowing in excitement. Hagrid waved his lamp up and down, showing the train driver that they were nearly there.

There! The first screeching of the wheels. The train slowed down rapidly and then it stood right before them.

Grinning Ash raced to the bench again and moved to stand on it. Overlooking the whole student body, Ash watched as the first tired looking people walked out of the train. Gradually more people escaped the refinements of the train and finally she saw them.

Blaise, Tracy and Chase emerged the train together. A happy smile spread over Ash's face when she looked at the tanned, well rested faces of her friends. Quickly her eyes flew over Chase and Tracy - seeing that they were good and happy to be back, but they lingered at Blaise. He looked just as happy as the other two, but something was different.

Haircut? Nope, the same, she analysed. Body? Same. Clothes? Same. Smile? Same... Just what was different? Ash had no idea, but she just shrugged it off and yelled out to them, racing over when they saw her.

When she reached them, she saw Tracy grin at her and quickly they hugged. Next she hugged Chase and then turned to Blaise.

"Hey," she said softly a small smile playing with her lips.

"Hey, he replied. "Don't I get a hug?" he asked with a smile and held out his hands.

"Of course you do!" Ash could have slapped herself for not doing so right away. But she had been memorized again, checking out Blaise. Trying to figure out what had changed. "I missed you," she whispered into his ear never wanting to let go.

"I missed you too!" he answered with a smile and held her tightly.

Suddenly a cough ripped them out off their embrace. "Sorry to disturb you two... but we are hungry," Tracy said whilst sticking her head right next to her friends.

Briskly the disentangled and looked at their friends sheepishly. "Yeah sorry," Ash mumbled and turned into the directions of the carriages that would bring them to the castle.

They were sitting at the Slytherin table together. Food spread across from them and chatting excitedly.

"So what did you guys do during the holiday?" Ash asked excitedly.

"Me, mom and Hector went on a family holiday in South America," Blaise answered with a small smile. "Brazil to be exact. It was pretty nice."

"Ahh! I'm jealous!" Ash whined.

"You could have come with us," Blaise reminded her.

"I know, but I didn't want to impose on your family too much," she told him quietly with a smile.

"You wouldn't have," Blaise told her with a small smile of his own, "you never do."

Tracy and Chase stayed quiet and just watched the two of them converse. It seems like the two weeks apart were just the thing they needed, Tracy thought to herself silently, fully entertained by watching them. Smiling at Chase, she saw him roll his eyes at them with a humoured smile and turn back too the food on his plate.

"What about you Trace? What did you do?" Ash suddenly asked, ripping her eyes away from Blaise and focusing on her other friend with red tainted cheeks.

"Ah, I didn't really do very much," Tracy answered, waving her hand in a dismissive way. "Mostly studied. What about you? Did we miss anything here in Hogwarts while we were gone?"

Ash looked at them and thought back at the conversation between Draco and Snape. She remembered the countless hours off discussion with her family on Voldemort, his Horcrux's and next moves and the little conversation with Draco a few days ago. "No not really," she smiled at her friends, "same boring life as ever!"

Her friends laughed, "Ash your life is never boring!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh, so yeah, I went through all my stuff and am in the hope that the Mibba editors are happy with my corrections. So much work and it even hindered me from learning in any way or form for my exams (which are starting on Monday =/).
Anyway, while readying through the chapters again, I've come to realise that lately my chapters suck ass... and I wanted to apologize for this. I'm happy that so many of you stayed with me through the last stingy chapters and I am in hope that I will improve on my last chapters again.
Yes, you've read correctly. I am on the verge of finishing this story!
It'll take a maximum of ten chapters (probably less... maybe 5?) to finish off, so stick with me on the last sprint, alright?
Love you all!
Hope you liked the chapter!
Comment!!!