Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Horror

Ash saw Draco's head snap around and rush over to them. Wide eyed he stared at her. "No, no, that's just some stuffed animal that has been here for a while." he said with a gulp, hoping his fellow Death Eaters would believe him.

"A stuffed animal, huh?" the other Death Eater said and started sniffing at her. "Smells pretty alive to me if you ask..." he sneered and destupefied her again. Ash tried to stay as stiff as possible but seemingly she did make a move because the Death Eater ripped her out from under the table and held her by the neck.

Growling in defence she tried to snap at him, but he was faster. "Avada Ke-" he started but Draco tore his arm away.

"No, don't! There has to be another way! Please don't kill her!" he begged and stood in front of her, saving her life once again.

The already invaded Death Eaters turned to look at Draco and the panting wolf behind him.

"What is that animal to you, Draco?" Bellatrix asked with a glare in her voice.

"Aunt Bellatrix, that is Ash Weasley. My former girlfriend," he told and lowered his head.

"What is she doing here?"

"I - I don't know," he answered truthfully and hung his head before looking at her. "What are you doing here?"

Glancing around the Death Eaters again and with a quick darting of her eyes towards the door, Ash knew he was trapped. Hanging her head she changed back to her former form and bit her lip. "I was following you," she admitted.

"Why?"

"B- Because I thought you were up to something... and I was right! How could you let the Death Eaters into Hogwarts?" Ash said disbelievingly.

Before Draco could answer, the Death Eaters - lead by Bellatrix - laughed at her. "Oh you stupid child, it was only a matter of time before we would enter here!" she screeched. "Now come on everyone, lets get started! Fenrir, take the girl but don't harm her. She seems to mean a lot to our little Draco here."

The man who had found her picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, holding onto her legs tightly so that she couldn't escape. She tried kicking and hitting him with all her might, but all her tries only seemed to humour him. With tears running down her eyes she watched the Death Eaters walk out of the Room of Hidden Things and created chaos and havoc in her beloved school.

"Draco go search for Dumbledore," Draco's aunt ordered and while Draco turned away into the direction of the headmasters office, the others turned into the direction of the Great Hall.

Tears flowing freely, she watched Draco leave her in the hands of these monsters and tried calling out to him, "Dra-!" but she never got to finish his name because Fenrir ripped her off his shoulder and slammed her against the wall only holding her up by her neck.

"Don't utter a single 'nother word, understood?" Struggling for air Ash tried nodding her head. Satisfied the animal like man threw her over his shoulder again and muttered, "good girl," before following the others again.

They where rushing through the school, bursting armours and cabinets and finally they reached the Great Hall. Ash watched as the Death Eaters shattered the windows. She watched as they destroyed the tables on which her friends, her family and herself had spend so much time the last year. She watched as the ripped down the banners hanging from the wall and burned them and she watched as they shredded the last banner hanging on the ceiling, the one that said, "Congratulations Class of '98."

When they believed to have caused enough mess, the party of Death Eaters began to ascend the stairs towards the Astronomy tower.

"...don't you understand? I don't have a choice I have to kill you, otherwise he will kill me!" Ash heard Draco's shaking voice beg for forgiveness.

"Ah! Who have we hear?" Ash heard Bellatrix's voice say in glee as they reached the top of the Astronomy tower. "Good job Draco," she whispered at the boy as the others spread along the perimeter of the room. Ash couldn't see anything other then the floor and sometimes at the floor below when she gazed through the little gaps between the boards as Fenrir walked passed Draco.

"Good evening, Bellatrix," Dumbledore said calmly and started a conversation with the woman.

Ash didn't listen to their words as she stared at the floor in despair. Suddenly she had to gasped when she saw a horrified looking emerald eye behind a glass stare up at her. "Har-" she started, but couldn't finish as she was jerked off the shoulder once again and was pushed against Fenrir's chest, wand digging into her neck threateningly.

"I told you to shut up," the voice behind her growled and Ash stood stiff as a tree in fear. Lips trembling, knees frozen, tears flowing out of her eyes freely she looked up to see Dumbledore stare at her in horror.

"What is Ash doing here?" he asked shocked.

"Oh that stupid girl? She was spying out Draco. No idea why she would do something this stupid," Bellatrix said and walked up to her, stroking her wet and trembling cheek softly.

Ash stood stiff and stared at Dumbledore in fear as she saw something dawn to him.

"And Ash, don't be to hard on yourself or Draco for that matter, he's going through some troubling times," he said softly.

Confused Ash frowned at her headmaster and just before the reached the door another question jumped into her mind, making Ash look up at her Professor once again, "do you think I should keep an eye on him?" she asked quietly.

But all she received as an answer was that twinkling all-knowing smile of his as he opened the door for her and signalled a waiting Harry to enter his office. Just before he closed the door again, he nodded subtly and held up his finger to his mouth.


He had given her the order to watch Draco! She was here due to his stupid mistake. "I'm sorry Ash," he said softly. Ash didn't answer but slowly closed her eyes and gave a small nod. She knew what was about to come and who could stay mad in this situation?

"Do it!" Bellatrix screeched at Draco.

"He's a pussy, just like his father! Let me kill him, Bellatrix... my way," the man binding her said with a harsh voice.

"No! The Dark Lord wants Draco to do it," she screamed at Fenrir, before turning back to Draco. "Do it Draco! Kill him!"

"Don't do it," another voice interrupted. All heads snapped to the staircase, where they saw Snape walk up to them in no hurry at all. Still threatened by the wand in Fenrir's hand, Ash couldn't look at her professor, therefore she only saw him from the corner of her eyes.

Save us! she pleaded silently as she watched Snape stand behind Draco.

"Severus," Dumbledore said in a voice that didn't show any surprise but was drenched in defeat and plea as he said his final word, "please."

Without any hesitation, Ash heard Snape shout, "Avada Kedarvra!" A green light shot into her vision and hit her headmaster square in the chest, sending him tumbling backwards and down into the abyss.

While she saw the white man tumbling backwards, Ash lost all her strength the keep standing and nearly fell onto her knees, only the string arms of the werewolf man where keeping her up as the Death Eaters rushed to the window to watch the corpse of a once great man fly towards the ground.

With a maniac laugh, Bellatrix threw her wand into the air and yelled, "Morsmordre," conjouring up the Dark Mark above the castle.

Like a sack, Ash didn't offer any more resistance as Fenrir heaved her over his shoulder again and the party of Death Eaters raced down the stairs again. She only glanced up once when they passed the hiding Harry. Shaking her head, she tried to tell him not to follow him not too try and avenge Dumbledore, not to follow them, to stay in hiding until they were gone. Once he was out of sight, she let her head slump down again and watched the floor they were passing.

At one time she heard a gasp from in front and when Fenrir and her passed, she saw a man lying on the floor stupefied and staring at her in horror.

As if on a high, the cloaked Death Eaters raced through the castle and out into the grounds. Passed a now burning ground keepers hut and into the forbidden forest.

Through her watery eyes Ash saw the sun rise behind the castle tainting the clouded sky in a bloody red and accentuating the horror of the Dark Mark that was floating in the sky...